PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit and Exterior sound projection

silhouette_flyer
11-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Good day to all ,
Was just wondering , Is it possible , If i plan to project two different sets of sound during simulation .

First one , would be the 'in cockpit' sound for the pilot flight the simulation .
The speakers for those would be in the custom built cockpit.

The second one , Would be outside of the cockpit , Out side of the aircraft during simulation , cause I noticed the in cockpit view and spot a/c view would play different sound files.So I would run the outside a/c sound files and place the speakers outside of the custom built cockpit for passerbys and people around the area.

Anyone here has done that setting before ? And would like to share?

Thank you
-silhouette_flyer-

Jackpilot
11-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure that your wife/girlfriend/neighbours would appreciate your sophisticated approach to simming. !!!

Trevor Hale
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I personally believe that your outside sounds would drown out the inside sounds. But if you are interested Project Magenta offers a free program called PMsounds.

You can run as many copies as you like on as many machines as you like seperating all the inside cockpit sounds. so if you wanted to do what you propose you could leave your "outside view" sounds coming off the flightsim PC, and all your internal sounds would come from PMsounds.

Download it and give it a go.

Please note *** you must have a registered version of FSUIPC to use it though***

Trev

Good day to all ,
Was just wondering , Is it possible , If i plan to project two different sets of sound during simulation .

First one , would be the 'in cockpit' sound for the pilot flight the simulation .
The speakers for those would be in the custom built cockpit.

The second one , Would be outside of the cockpit , Out side of the aircraft during simulation , cause I noticed the in cockpit view and spot a/c view would play different sound files.So I would run the outside a/c sound files and place the speakers outside of the custom built cockpit for passerbys and people around the area.

Anyone here has done that setting before ? And would like to share?

Thank you
-silhouette_flyer-

Tomlin
11-13-2008, 12:15 PM
What Trevor is suggestiong may work but it depends on what files you want played. While I know that several sounds are possible and work great using PMSounds (as I use it in my Learjet) I only use it for TCAS, avionics, and autopilot systems. I wasnt aware of being able to use it for engine sounds. If you can, then that's awesome. However, if you find that you cant, then another option (although possibly controversial) would be to run Wide View and run a 2nd instance of FS on a 2nd machine in the spot plane view and run those sounds off it's own speakers and place them outside of the cockpit. Then you'd have total control over your sound levels. The controversial comment is directed to any possible performance costs.

Jackpilot
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Seems to me that if you have your engine sounds blasting outside of the cockpit your are very close to what a real airplane is all about...hence no need for interior engine sounds! no..?

silhouette_flyer
11-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I believe It would make alittle more sence to put the engine sound outside of the cockpit..on where the actual engine is...
Point taken
Thank you

-silhouette_flyer-