PDA

View Full Version : how to pan multiple views simultaneously

mue
11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi, i'm new here so i hope this is the right subforum for asking my question:
Is there a way to pan multiple views in fs9 simultaneously by key or button presses?

I have a two projector setup for my outside visualization. My two screens are angled 45 degrees. The left screen shows the forward_left view with azimuth -22.5 degrees and the right screen the forward_right view with azimuth 22.5 degrees (I changed the view directions in panel.cfg accordingly). With a zoom factor 1.0 for one screen and 1.01 (odd?) for the other screen the views line up properly. So i have a 90 degrees fov.
But sometimes i want to look more right/left temporary. With the normal pan view key commands i can only pan one view (the current active window). And after that the view snaps back to forward view.

That i'm looking for is a way to change the two views to LEFT/FORWARD_LEFT for panning left (FORWARD_RIGHT/RIGHT for panning right) if i hold a key/button and then back to FORWARD_LEFT/FORWARD_RIGHT if i release the key/button. Has anyone an idea?

AndyT
11-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Simple solution.
Use a head tracker.
http://www.free-track.net/english/

mue
11-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Simple solution.
Use a head tracker.

I have a head tracker (track ir). It only works in visual cockpit mode. But in my setup i use two 2D cockpit views, which i want to pan simultaneously with a key/button press.