PDA

View Full Version : Side views

manhattan
11-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi.
I hope it's OK using this thread to ask about side views as I know Westozy may have a comment or two. I am using 3togo for forward outside views, and want to add left and right views as well. Is it just a case of adding a large dual head card - for instance 500mb, and configuring side views for the monitors?

Hoping somebody can help?

TONY. UK

Kennair
11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Tony,

Yes you could use the TH2GO and two more monitors connected to another vid card for side views or add a DualH2GO. As for the layout, I suggest you take a look at Nic-D's (http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/design_visuals_develop_v2.htm) experiments into optimal viewing windows to help you along.

I favour the addition of the Dual Head 2Go as it seems to drain less recources from your system than using two output on a video card. Would need some testing though.

Ken.

Michael Carter
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Here's a question for the TH2G folks.

Running one TH2G for instrument panel views, could you use WidevieW and a TH2G on another system succesfully for outside views?

Kennair
11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't see why not Mike, the TH2GO just acts like a really wide monitor so that'd work.

Ken.

Michael Carter
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Hmmm...more food for thought.

brynjames
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Running one TH2G for instrument panel views, could you use WidevieW and a TH2G on another system succesfully for outside views?

Hmmm, has Wideview now overcome the problems of synching the display of other aircraft across all systems? Otherwise it could give a problem with TCAS - and with collisions on the taxiway if all of the views are not on the same PC as the one running the main FS program. No problem if you don't use AI or Vatsim.

--
Bryn

Kennair
11-06-2008, 02:29 AM
I must say I'm not a big fan of Wideview although I know other use it to great effect. The whole mirror loading of FS and all scenery addons etc seems monunmental to me. I much prefer paring down the main FS PC to run outside views and incorporate networked PC's to take the load for panels etc. This is where items such as the TH2GO and DH2GO are such a boon.

I happily run 5 monitors from one PC to great effect, with weather, Radar Contact ATC, planners and Vatsim trackers on a network PC.

Ken.

GSalden
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
WidevieW has all AI traffic perfectly sync'd if you use it icw WideTraffic.

3 pc's would be best :
- Pc 1 for instruments ( eg Magenta ) and no view
- Pc 2 icw TripleHead2Go for left front view till left view
- Pc 3 icw TripleHead 2 Go for right front view right view

For lining out the total front view you need to adjust the panel.cfg file VIEW section.