PDA

View Full Version : Using Joystick BUO836 to change Offsets

ncleme
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Is it at all possible to use SIOC or another program to have switches connected to the BU0836 card. (Which just creates a joystick button press inside FSUIPC), actually change FSUIPC Offsets in the same way as a switch connected to an Input/Outputcard from opencockpits?

pdpo
11-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi there,

Of course this is possible. Even more its even possible to connect the bodnar card to a computer not running FSUIPC but widefs.
Anyway this is how I use it. The card of Leo Bodnar acts as joystick. WideFS (look in the ini file, scanning of the buttons of the joysticks can be disabled) will normally scan the buttons and send changes to the wideserver, then to FSUIPC. In FSUIPC you can see these button state changes and assign action to it. One of the possible actions is to write in FSUIPC offsets. These offsets can then be read in SIOC and there you can do whatever you like with them.
Just to show how far this can go, my way of push to talk :
PC1 = runs teamspeak/ivap/fscommunicator/joystick
PC2 = runs FS+FSUIPC

when I press push to talk on joystick on PC1 wideserver sees this and sends it to PC2 for FSUIPC to treat. The action there is defined as a keysend, so PC sends the buttonchange back to PC1 to generate the key message for the teamspeak.

Greetings Peter

If more detailed info is needed, ajust ask ... then tonight I start my cockpit and I'll verify how exactly you need to do this.

ncleme
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, very interesting, can you if possible give me an example of the widefs.ini file to do the following:

When I use the Batt switch on overhead, the BUO836 sends a joystick button press say button 33.
I need for offset 53FF to have a value of 74 written to it! so it will operate the sim avionics server software that is monitoring Offset 53FF.

Many thanks in advance

Nick