PDA

View Full Version : Message for Team 737 (Australlia) WF2008

Trevor Hale
11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Guys, I love watching your feed, however.. The best parts are the landings and Takeoffs.. May I please request that during the landing and the take-off's that your extra staff does not stand in front of the Streaming Camera...

WE CAN'T See anything but someone's Back :)

Thanks.

Trev

NicD
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Just be thankful you're not seeing the FRONT of their heads ! :o

But thanks for letting me know... I'll tell them to sit down and strap in

Glad your enjoying the feed!

Trevor Hale
11-04-2008, 05:49 PM
LOL Nic, Never thought of that. Good thinking..

Trev

RalphW
11-05-2008, 07:59 AM
and check out the Simfest team webcam here

http://www.gary-oliver.co.uk/simfest/index.asp?page=webcam

I will be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday

fweinrebe
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
As the 737 crew is preparing to fly to my hometown, Windhoek, I would like to say welcome to "Namibia".

The video feeds are great!!. It is just as much fun as riding on a real jumpseat.

NicD
11-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, we're really happy to share the experience and thrilled that you can enjoy it too.

We've been working on the light balance and tomorrow we're going to install more ambient lighting inside the cockpit to get a better result.

Stay tuned.... Canary Islands, Innsbruck, Khatmandu all coming up in next few days...

Michael Carter
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Can you post (or repost) a link for the feed?

What is the planned arrival UTC time & date for Innsbruck? I'd really like to watch this!

fweinrebe
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Live stream http://74.52.237.103:8080/ramgen/broadcast/live.rm. Or see it on the Mycockpit.org Homepage.

The scedule is at: http://worldflightoz737.org/flight_schedules.php

Kennair
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Really enjoying the Aussie boys in Tassie. Just watched a challanging landing into Luanda, Angola. Well done boys. Keep up the good work.

Ken.

Trevor Hale
11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it was really good, too bad they had mechanical troubles... That landing appeared to end in disaster LOL

Matt Olieman
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Yep, but they handled it very well under the circumstances. Great job guys!!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

NicD
11-05-2008, 05:50 PM
LOL.. these are the times when you are glad this is simulation :D it really makes you appreciate what the real life crews do day after day.

On approach into Cape Town this morning the crew lost the whole throttle quadrant. They were stuck with 5 degrees flaps, N1 at 90% and no spoeedbrakes. But they handled the situation, landed on the centreline, came to a stop and turned off the engines. Reason?... the USB hub just thought it would take a nap. Plug in/out... oooh... I'm awake again. :mad:

But such is World Flight. We had a 10 cent diode go yesterday... cooked a power supply, melted wires, no overhead or IO systems for an hour in the cruise while the tech crew worked 'outside' the airplane at FL370 :grin:

brynjames
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm really enjoying watching and listening to the pilots and their interaction with each other and with the ATC. A superb job, thanks Nic.

By the way, the tracking map seems to have left your 737 somewhere up in Central Africa, although I know from the cockpit voice that you are close to the 777 simfest guys.

And thanks also to simfest guys for their webcam - it would be great if you guys could turn the mike up a bit :)

Well done to everyone involved.

--

Bryn

Andy_B
11-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Yep, but they handled it very well under the circumstances. Great job guys!!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Thanks Matt and everyone else - it's great to hear you guys are enjoying the feed.

I was the First Officer on that fateful flight Nic posted about, and Mark Richards was the Captain (Pilot Flying).

Yeah it came as a bit of a shock when we realised that the engine wouldn't drop below 94% N1, so did our best to bleed as much speed as possible with just the spoilers, flaps 5, and dropping the gear.

Luckily the gear came down, I had selected Flaps 40 but got no response - however we managed to drop the speed down to around 190kias from memory. Quite fast, but enough for us make a hard landing - and shut down the engines (which were still jammed at 94%). Autobrake didn't work so we both reverted to manual braking (I don't think we could've stood on the toe brakes any harder) and eventually we came to a stop after running over and onto the grass.

All 160 virtual pax and crew survived, although a little bruised!

Andy

NicD
11-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Feed was down yesterday due to some server issues which Dee has now sorted. Unfortunately the Dublin and Innsbrick legs were missed - sorry about that. However... expect videos uploaded of these later today.

Webcam now back up and running... on our way out of Somethingoooznameistan into Pakistan now. Khatmandu later today!

Padraig
11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Feed was down yesterday due to some server issues which Dee has now sorted. Unfortunately the Dublin and Innsbrick legs were missed - sorry about that. However... expect videos uploaded of these later today.

Webcam now back up and running... on our way out of Somethingoooznameistan into Pakistan now. Khatmandu later today!

Hi, I have been watching your feed since you have it up, shame I missed the Dublin flight as It's my main airport here in Ireland. I am looking forward to when you upload the videos to watch.

Just another note, I am looking at your stream now, has the quality somewhat got bad or is it just because dark in there ?

Deesystems
11-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Team 737,

Ive been chkin in every so offten and feed was ok a few ago but now

Feed is down and cant connect remote..

Could we check the feed and remote status.

Dee

Andy_B
11-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Hi Dee,

We shut down the system every so often, especially when there is no flying being conducted.

Currently the crew are briefing for their next flight, and there is no-one in the sim.

We'll power the feed back up at around 0930UTC when we depart for our next leg.

Regards,

Andy Banner
Team737