View Full Version : UK Worldflight 2008 Latest

steveeverson
11-03-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrMFIwev08

Here is the first short video from the UK Worldflight team
based at John Davis's 747-400 simulator in Coventry UK

Please visit our website

www.747simulator.co.uk

and click on the worldflight link to see where we are and read all about Worldflight

Raising donations for the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire air ambulance

Thanks!

Steve:smile:

Trevor Hale
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Steve,

Please post these on Mycockpit videos, it is just as good as Youtube. and we get to keep it in the archives forever.

Trev

Michael Carter
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrMFIwev08

Here is the first short video from the UK Worldflight team
based at John Davis's 747-400 simulator in Coventry UK

Please visit our website

www.747simulator.co.uk

and click on the worldflight link to see where we are and read all about Worldflight

Raising donations for the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire air ambulance

Thanks!

Steve:smile:

I have an unrelated question about the fellows sim in the link above. Does Microsoft require that he obtain a commercial license for his simulator?

His is the first sim I've seen built by a hobbyist that charges for flight time. I just wonder how he is able to do this using MSFS.

Efe Cem Elci
11-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Not sure about that Michael but I know there are quite a few FS-based sims in Europe that charge people to fly and advertise as such.

AndyT
11-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Don't quote me because I'm not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that as long as you do not claim to have FAA or some sort of government certification that you can charge all you want. The person paying for it may NOT enter the time into his logbook.

Michael Carter
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I was actually meaning a legal issue with Microsoft using their product for profit.

AndyT
11-03-2008, 11:42 PM
If you have MS Office on your machine and type letters to make money, that's using it for profit, right? Or what if you play games for a living? Still profiting from them....

I think as long as you dont claim to be certified this or that, that MS is not going to get upset and come after you.

Of course I could be wrong....

Michael Carter
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Hmmm...

It just seems to me that MS would want their 'cut'.

AndyT
11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
If you buy a new truck to use at work, does Ford come around looking for their cut?

Michael Carter
11-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Of course not. But the software world seems to be a little different with their end user license agreements and intellectual property rights, etc.

AndyT
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Like I said, I'm no legal eagle, but that's how I would look at it.

Kennair
11-04-2008, 04:03 AM
If you buy a new truck to use at work, does Ford come around looking for their cut?

Andy I think that's got to do with the fact you'd be driving a Ford! Haa! :)

But seriously, take a look HERE (http://simsation.com.au/site/)as I think it's Nic-D's sim also going into commercial service. Andy's right I don't think it's an issue, unlike hardware which apparently is an issue (3 times the price for commercial purposes!).

Ken.

mpl330
11-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Sure I've just seen the Oz team push back with reverse thrust:shock: