PDA

View Full Version : Real Player for WF2008?

N242AM
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Come on MyCockpit! My must we download and install Real Player for the WF2008 feed?

Windows Media Player should be all we need. Please get this resolved.

AndyT
11-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Because Windows Media Player is not compatible with the software that is being used by the Worldflight people. MyCockpit has no control over what they use.

Real Player is FREE though, so at least it costs you nothing but download time.

N242AM
11-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I do not see where other WF participating countries require Real Player. Not sure what you are referring to.

AndyT
11-02-2008, 10:43 PM
There are 7 teams. Which one do you want to watch?

NicD
11-02-2008, 10:49 PM
MyCockpit is using a Real Server dedicated for this purpose, and we are using the free version of Real Producer to encode the stream. We can't change that setup without paying alot of money to upgrade software - which we are unable to do.

FYI - comparing this to last year when we use Windows Media streaming, the Real setup is far superior.

If you don't want to install Real Player for whatever reason then I guess that's your decision. Otherwise it's a free player, free stream, free entertainment ... please enjoy if you so choose :)

N242AM
11-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Looks like I will be watching WF Australia on WMP. Which is what I am currently watching.

blueskydriver
11-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Nic and Andy,

I've been watching Bluebird 73 and the video has dropped out, but the audio is still playing... I'm going to reboot my computer to verify it aint me. However, please check your video...

John

Just rebooted, still no video on your end, but can hear audio... plz chk your real audio system

AndyT
11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
First day of the event. We will be making adjustments as it progresses. In the meantime, make sure you have a clear connection to the internet. (Plenty of bandwidth)

If you are watching it in full screen mode then your video will take some time to load. There are thousands of people watching the feeds and they are running slow.

blueskydriver
11-02-2008, 11:28 PM
All good on my end, the video was there for good 45 minutes that I was watching and now no video when they're 38 miles from landing... the best part!

John

AndyT
11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I know how frustrating it can be. I'll try and get a clip of the flight posted later today (Hawaii time) to the MCP Video website. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it posted, but I'll try and get it up as soon as I can.

blueskydriver
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey guys,

The live stream is back in action and thats both video with audio. I am not sure what happened, but MyCockpit was down and not accessible, as well as the real stream. Now, all is good...

John

NicD
11-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah guys - it's going to take a few flights to iron out the bugs and get it all running efficiently.

Our stream is running off the same PC as our main CDU and its tending to make the CDU unhappy. So if you see the stream dissapear here n there that may be why.

Deesystems
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Members,

Ive embedded the stream on to Mycockpit's main page

For those no wanting to install real player here is a link to Real Alternative
http://www.codecguide.com/download_real.htm

Dee

Kennair
11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm afraid all I get is an internal socket error whenever Real Player tries to connect. Probably some setting issue as I've only just loaded Real.

Ken.

Deesystems
11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Ken,

Try a reconnect, I think we had restarted the stream when you were connection.

Dee

NicD
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Stream currently off while carrying out some systems changes & maintenance. Hope to be back up real soon.