PDA

View Full Version : Underneath the Glareshield Questions!

Suggy
07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Hello Roberto. I hope you are well.

I am just rebuilding my cockpit and spending more money and time to make it better! :-)

This time round I am including the lights from underneath the glareshield that shine on the MIP to illuminate the standby instruments and the gear lever area.

1) Are the lights angled 'in' so as to illumintate the MIP or do they simply shine straight down?

2) Where is the switch located to turn on these lights on?

3) Underneath the glareshield between these two lights and further forward there is what appears to be 2 knobs. Are they knobs and what do they do? Or are they simply some kind of fastners to hold the FCU in place?

All the very best,

Darren Sugden

dodiano
07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey Darren,

>>1) Are the lights angled 'in' so as to illumintate the MIP or do they simply shine straight down?

They are simple lights no angle there, remember light travels in straight line so that gives the effect over it but trust me it looks good but we donīt use it ate least I hate to fly with those lights that way it really makes your eyes hurt.

>>2) Where is the switch located to turn on these lights on?

On the pedestal my friend, on the left Side, FLOOD LIGHT MAIN PNL... It is a pot basically,

>>3) Underneath the glareshield between these two lights and further forward there is what appears to be 2 knobs. Are they knobs and what do they do? Or are they simply some kind of fastners to hold the FCU in place?

Yupe those are knobs, those activate the internal lighting of the FCU and Altimeter Display Windows and also the backlight of the glare shield panels!! They are knobs with Pots...

Hope it helps...

Roberto

Suggy
08-01-2006, 02:25 AM
Fantastic!!!

Once again Roberto thank you very much.

All the best,

Darren