PDA

View Full Version : Winter time....

ak49er
10-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Just a few photos of my day, I helped my brother-in-law and his resident CFI pull his Super Cub out of the lake, off of floats, onto tundra tires (31"), and finally onto wheel skis. Here are some photos of just after firing it off, the photos did not turn out as well as I'd hoped, as the aircraft is vibrant Piper yellow and it does not even show in the photos.

AndyT
10-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Nice. No matter what the pictures look like, you will always have that memory.

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Absolutely Breathtaking...

I can't believe how beautiful those pictures are.

Trev

JBaymore
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
NICE!!!!!!!

best,

.............john

mauriceb
10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Absolutely Breathtaking...

I can't believe how beautiful those pictures are.

Trev

Hmmm!!!! You see beauty, I see absolute misery...snow, slush, ice, blizzards, road salt, traffic chaos, heating bills, snow shovelling, 6 layers of clothing, boots etc ....
Remind me again about where is the beauty of all this. Sure, it might look nice for an hour or so when fresh snow has fallen and before the salt trucks get through, but after that, who needs this 'beauty'?

And don't tell me to move up farther North where the snow stays 'nice' longer. Hard to appreciate that after your face freezes up and falls off. Now, show me the same pictures in Spring or Summer and I'll show you beauty then :mrgreen: (Green is beautiful)

Maurice

Tracy Hale
10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Wow! Beautiful pics!!

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmmm!!!! You see beauty, I see absolute misery...snow, slush, ice, blizzards, road salt, traffic chaos, heating bills, snow shovelling, 6 layers of clothing, boots etc ....
Remind me again about where is the beauty of all this. Sure, it might look nice for an hour or so when fresh snow has fallen and before the salt trucks get through, but after that, who needs this 'beauty'?

And don't tell me to move up farther North where the snow stays 'nice' longer. Hard to appreciate that after your face freezes up and falls off. Now, show me the same pictures in Spring or Summer and I'll show you beauty then :mrgreen: (Green is beautiful)

Maurice

LOL, you always seem to take the wind out of my sails. Your 100% right, but way up here where I am, they can't use road salt... It's too cold for it to work, sand only, but if I think about it, your 100% right.

Please allow me to rephrase..

AK, Those Pictures are beautiful, However.... Better you then me... LOL

Trev

ak49er
10-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Maurice winter time allows you to get out and be one with nature....every once in awhile I get so inspired I have to go out and hug a tree, albeit a very lonely tree....you can use one of these when not simming, to Fly... and get Airborne.....

Michael Carter
10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
I came about this ' ' close to working for Boeing at Ft. Greely Alaska for two years back in '03. I was really looking forward to going, but the Patriot missile system guys beat me out of a job. Damn gürly-man missileers. :D

I would have enjoyed the two years, maybe longer but I would have had to experience it to know for sure.

I do know that I like Winter better than I do Summer.

Nice pictures!

mauriceb
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Maurice winter time allows you to get out and be one with nature....every once in awhile I get so inspired I have to go out and hug a tree, albeit a very lonely tree....you can use one of these when not simming, to Fly... and get Airborne.....

Is that a chainsaw you are holding and isn't it a bit early to chop a Xmas tree? But I do understand if you need wood for your stove however...at that latitude, polar bears are the only ones with any common sense since they don't even venture out in Winter. :p

Maurice

mauriceb
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Please allow me to rephrase..

AK, Those Pictures are beautiful, However.... Better you then me... LOL

Trev

Glad to see you came to your senses :roll:

Maurice

AndyT
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm a fall person myself. I like the cooler temps but its still green.

Of course, here in Hawaii, I'm a winter all the way. It makes it all the way down to 60 sometimes!

mauriceb
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm a fall person myself. I like the cooler temps but its still green.

Of course, here in Hawaii, I'm a winter all the way. It makes it all the way down to 60 sometimes!

I think I could live with fall as well...especially in the harsh Hawaiian climate. I must say however I don't care for sand between my toes, or falling coconuts. My deepest sympathies for your hardships in your brutal winter climate. :D

Maurice

AndyT
10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
The falling coconuts not too bad. But the sunscreen! It can get so thick that you might wind up in ER looking for oxygen. Especially if you happen thru Waikiki! Crispy burnt tourists are littered all over the beach. Its just way past beyond. There is a ballot initative to have someone assigned to basting them on a regular basis everyday. We can't stop them from sacrificing themselves, but at least we can keep so many from being turned into Tourist Cajun style. 8-)

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Speaking of Hawaii... Andy, Have you ever seen Dog the Bounty hunter in real life?

LOL

AndyT
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Trev,

Here in the islands, that's kind of a loaded question. If you saw him, then he must've been looking for you. So, NO you lolo, I neva! :roll:

I've seen him here and there. Everyone has to get out to the mall or grocery store on occasion.

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I guess thats true, and sorry to take this off topic, but I just wondered. I watch that show all the time, and always wondered.

I wondered also if people really talk like that in Hawaii, Hows-it brotha

LMFAO..

Trev

AndyT
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Ai you tourist! Neva know how fo' talk! 'eh Howzit Brah? When you go fo' da kine?

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Ai you tourist! Neva know how fo' talk! 'eh Howzit Brah? When you go fo' da kine?

LOL Guess I got my answer LOL.. Thats exactly what I am talking about :)