PDA

View Full Version : Flying on the server whenever I can

JBaymore
10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Trying to get some people to use this more often........ here was tonight for me:

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/data/566/medium/Online10-16-08ComingIntoSeattle.jpg

Where were you?

best,

...................john

AndyT
10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
The only thing I don't like about flying on the server is the lack of ATC. When others are there, not a problem.

ak49er
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Wow John looks like fun, shame your night is my late afternoon, early evening.

JBaymore
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Andy,

I know what you mean about no ATC. Maybe try this approach (pun intended ;)):

1.) Go to this site and check out the airports that the feeds are active for.

http://www.liveatc.net/

2.) Select a departure and a destination airport from the feeds and listen for a while.

3.) Go to an internet source of a real world airport flight schedule for your favorite airline and select a flight for one of the above active airports.

4.) Create a basic flightplan in your flightplanner for the city pairing uisng the SIDs/ STARS that you hear being used on the feeds above.

5.) Go to the audio feed for the airport you are departing from and make it active and minimized on the taskbar. Adjust the volume appropriately.

6.) Start you sim. Load your flightplan.

7.) Listen for your flight's call numbers.

8.) Follow the ATC instructions for your flight.

9.) When you get near your arrival airport, pause the sim and change the ATC feeds.

:D:D:D

best,

...................john

PS: You can get Cileosims Live ATC Chatter payware addon to make this possible with just tuning your comm radio too.

ak49er
10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Bow down to John, what a simple, immersive,creative and procedurally challenging solution. What with being linked into real world weather, and how it affects the flight plan, and the dynamics of the whole air travel system, Bravo to you John, excellent.

Tomlin
10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
John, what a creative and FUN way to do things for a change!

Thanks for the idea.

AndyT
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
That's different.
I'd probably use the add-on since I'd want to be able to switch when the real plane switches. That way I can follow him all the way across the country.

JBaymore
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the really kind words guys.

Trying to do THAT really tells you how good you are and how accurate the airport scenery you are at is relative to taxiway markings and such, and how good the flight model for your aircraft is.

Since a lot of the verbal procdures are so tightly defined.... you can almost talk back to ATC in sync right along with the real flight crew. ;) And the SIDS and STARS plates are available from many sources...at least for the USA.

best,

..................john