PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Radar

PascalHaldenstein
10-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi folks
just thought I'd share this link with you. it's an air traffic live radar from Switzerland. probably not so interesting for people form the states but if you have time take a look;).

it's pretty cool if you listen the Zurich Radar sound from www.liveatc.net while watching the traffic.

here's the link:
http://radar.zhaw.ch/
click on the plane-sign and you'll get all the flight informations.

and btw. "Einstellungen" means properties in german;)

Have a nice day everyone

Kennair
10-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the link Pascal. I enjoyed listening to the ATC in Zurich although I didn't think I would understand most of it, it was quite clear however.

I had a look at your website too. Nice overhead. Once you start your ATPL you'll be way ahead of the competition with this level of sim. In fact you could probably pay for some of the training cost by hiring out your sim to other students, or perhaps the flight school. Plenty of options.

Regards,

Ken.

Padraig
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi folks
just thought I'd share this link with you. it's an air traffic live radar from Switzerland. probably not so interesting for people form the states but if you have time take a look;).

it's pretty cool if you listen the Zurich Radar sound from www.liveatc.net while watching the traffic.

here's the link:
http://radar.zhaw.ch/
click on the plane-sign and you'll get all the flight informations.

and btw. "Einstellungen" means properties in german;)

Have a nice day everyone

I'm a fan of LiveAtc, but the tracking website is new to me, I have it bookmarked thanks for your time in posting this :D

Michael Carter
10-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks Pascal. I can pull charts and see which airways they are on.:)

Matt Olieman
10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Pascal, fascinating. :)

Thanks for the link.

Matt Olieman

warvet
10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Pascal,
Allow me to be one of the first to "virtually" shake your hand. You have done an absolutely terrific job with your overhead. Thank you also for the links.

Tim
Canada

PascalHaldenstein
10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Today I flew back from a short trip with the family from Paris to Zurich.
the flight was wonderful and the landing perfect (swiss pilots rock;)).
after the flight I had a short look into the cockpit of the a320 and talked with the captain and fo. they were really surprised 'bout what I already know in aviation.:p
another point in my "career" where I've to say that this hobby is really cool and btw helpful.
this sunday I'll go for a flight in the full-motion sim from www.simaviatik.ch.
I know the person that ownes this sim so it's a bit cheaper for me to fly there as for others and it's always a good practice; and feeling of the motion platform is incredible. as always its fun to talk to Daniele (that's the name of the sim owner) about some modifications that he plans to do in the future and just to talk with someone that has the same hobby as I do.

Thanks for visiting my site

Have a nice evening

Efe Cem Elci
10-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the link Pascal, I'm going to have to check out Daniele's site and maybe I'll end up going to the sim as well. I have a B737 sim slot lined up for next week at IFTC in Istanbul (http://www.iftc.aero) and should be going to Swiss Aviation Training in Kloten in November for a time slot at the A340 sim there.