PDA

View Full Version : Any other good Lear45 Panels beside PMRJ?

XOrionFE
09-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Is there anyone making panels for Lear45 beside PMRJ that will run through Wideclient like PMRJ off seperate CPU? I like the looks of PMRJ bu my experience with PM so far using the GAIFR panel is that they dont seem to want to fix any errors in the software and are not doing any further work in it. I see the same happening with the RJ panels. Seems like they are mainly concentrating on the heavy iron and I am skeptical about pay so much for panels that I am guessing will never have any further development or support.

Scott

Tomlin
09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Scott

I understand your position and agree to an extent. Recently Enrico provided a few updates to the PMRJ and it's nice now having some EICAS messages. However, these are the only major improvements in a very long time. There is another person by the name of Robin Van S. (Stoney3K) that is slowly working on some Primus 1000 styel avionics, but it's slow and uncertain I believe. Also there are some other parties working on some solutions, but that is still to be seen how complete they are. How great would it be if someone could use FS Panel Studio and WideFS to get it to work on a network!?! :-]

XOrionFE
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
That would be great if they did. I did see some panel studio stuff for the Lear out there that looked pretty good but I like the idea of running from a seperate pc and I do like the way PM works in this respect. Well, I may have to bite the bullet. Just wish they would lower their price a little if they are not going to provide a lot of updates anymore to it.

BTW,
I mentioned I have 2 15" monitors to us...well they are actually 17" and I do have a seperate 15 available. The 17inch actual screen size is 10 3/4 inch tall by 13 1/4 wide and exacly 17 inch on diaganol. Would these work for Pilot and Copilot sides? I can throw the 15 in the midddle of the panel for RMUs.

Also, I see on your site you had some nice scale print outs you were using. Were did you get those from? Do you have something electronic that I coudl have and print out so I could do similiar?

Finally, isnt there a CDU in a Lear? What is your plan for this if so?

Tomlin
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
That would be great if they did. I did see some panel studio stuff for the Lear out there that looked pretty good but I like the idea of running from a seperate pc and I do like the way PM works in this respect. Well, I may have to bite the bullet. Just wish they would lower their price a little if they are not going to provide a lot of updates anymore to it.

BTW,
I mentioned I have 2 15" monitors to us...well they are actually 17" and I do have a seperate 15 available. The 17inch actual screen size is 10 3/4 inch tall by 13 1/4 wide and exacly 17 inch on diaganol. Would these work for Pilot and Copilot sides? I can throw the 15 in the midddle of the panel for RMUs.

Also, I see on your site you had some nice scale print outs you were using. Were did you get those from? Do you have something electronic that I coudl have and print out so I could do similiar?

Finally, isnt there a CDU in a Lear? What is your plan for this if so?

Hi Scott

The LJ45 does have either 1 or two CDUs depending on what the customer orders. It uses the Universal UNS-1E. Joe Cygan of Innovative has announced a CDU and once it's available it will be a nice solution.

The scale print outs are a .pdf file that's floating around out there that shows the layout.

Eric

Kris Stow
09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Scott,

Currently I am using the PMRJ version 91 and things seem to be getting better. Be glad we have Eric on our side pushing Enrico's button on getting the PMRJ guys some updates (in which he is doing)!!

I am using 2-15" and 1 10" for my displays once i get the cockpit shell from Ron I will be changing out my 15" to 17" for the full 10.4 display. I believe you will need to get a 10" for the RMU section due to the limited space for the 3 standby gauges from flight illusions or simkits.

I have completed my electrical and landing panels with my AML21 push buttons along with my vinyl stickers I had created at Kinko's. I will be posting pictures once my house is up and running again.

As far as the PDF Eric has mentioned I have a copy of it but it is not to scale you will need the exact dimensions from Eric to tell the printing shop to blow up to the given sizes. Again once I'm up and running I will email it over to you.

Regarding the CDU, I spoke with someone one over at opencockpits.com and there were going to create and exact replica (plug n play like Engravity's but for the Lear style) of the universal CDU Eric was talking about and once completed the cost would be around the 500-700 range. I was awaiting Joe's panels before I ventured that way.

Hope this informations helps and I will be in touch.

Thank you guys for checking on my wife and I during this time of hurricane recovery. It is much appreciated. I have been trapped at my mother in laws thank goodness that I can link my phone up to my computer and use the internet, dunno what I would do!!!

Take Care,

XOrionFE
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys.

I just fired off an email to Eric but Rick (rt72) was kind enough to send me a drawing last night which I had printed at Kinkos this morning, Thanks Rick!

It looks excellent and shoudl be pretty close to scale. Close enough for me anyway. I checked my monitors and they are both 17 inch ones. I will have to hunt down a small one for the center. I would like to find a way to use my PMGAIFR copy to put the standby guages up and still have PMRJ handle the rest. I should be able to do this but may have to setup another computer for that. Would be nice if PM could include these right in the PMRJ panels. That should be easy enough for them to do but I would be surprised if it hadnt already been requested.

Anyway, if you guys think PMRJ is the way to go then that is what I will do. I have with the exception of a couple minor annoying issues I have been pretty happy with the PM GAIFR panels thus far. I just gotta face spending another $300.

Any TQ plans, drawings, or operational vidoes out there for the Lear?

Thank you,
Scott

PS - good luck down there. I hope you find your home ok when you get back.

rt72
09-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I've got the website link of the company that makes the Lear 45 Throttle/pedestal. I got a CAD drawing (PDF) right from the site. I'll try to find it later and post it, if someone else doesn't get it to you by then.

rt72
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
...found it...

http://www.ar-aero.com/product_detail.asp?id=269

XOrionFE
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow,

Awesome

That is some serious detail.

Thanks again!
Scott

vcimmino
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Just my 2c,

After thinking a lot, I took a different approach to the problem of the displays.
I tested the PMRJ, but even if Enrico is italian as me, and I would be happy to use his software, it doesen't seem to me complete at all atm and the free OpenRJ project looks almost dead.

Then I realized that the cheap FriendlyPanel LJ45 is very good and even if lacking part of the great smoothness and interfacing capabilities of PMRJ, I will use it after having rearranged with FSPS to remove the bezels and other things I don't need, creating a main panel with just the PFD,MFD and RMU over the black background. The Learjet 45 is a simple aircraft at end. It will be easier for me as I made the shell slightly wider (5 inches exactly) and managed to fit all the 3 displays over a 19" monitor after a really long planning time. A sort of restyling to the old LJ45. I then moved the analog gauges to the center of the MIP too, by placing them vertically and freed some space to even fit mechanical gauges. Maybe sometime in the future.

I believe, then, that this MAIN pc, that manage the displays, will be in truth a less powerfull one (not too much but a 70$ dualcore will be enough), as it will have to handle just the opencockpits and joystick cards and a slimmed FSX installation with FSUIPC, WideFS, Wideview and the 2D panels.
The more powerfull will be instead networked trough Wideview to show the external views and handle the addons. I'll have a third one too, a tiny VIA Epia, onto the pedestal for the CDU, throttle motors card, and a special all around panel with an 8" touch lcd to manage almost anything in the simulator network trough scripts (an eventual GPS, managing of flight plans, Radar Contact's ATC, AdvDisp, ActiveSky, Squawbox etc).

P.S: I believe that PMRJ has the standby gauges as well... Or am I missing something? (Question for the big bosses Eric and co.)

Tomlin
09-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Vince, I am not the big boss man, but thanks for the compliment anyhow :-).

However, I do have some experience with the LJ45 and the PMRJ. The PMRJ has the ISIS style standby gauges, not the analogue style. As Scott mentioned, how nice would it be if PM would put in some analogue gauges for this very reason.

XOrionFE
09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Vince, I am not the big boss man, but thanks for the compliment anyhow :-).

However, I do have some experience with the LJ45 and the PMRJ. The PMRJ has the ISIS style standby gauges, not the analogue style. As Scott mentioned, how nice would it be if PM would put in some analogue gauges for this very reason.

Well, I sent an email to PM with this request so we'll see. It would be cool and would definitely seal the deal for me so to speak.

Eric, I tried to make the PMRJ Demo run in a Windowed mode that I could then resize and move around but wasnt able. I also check my licensed copy of GAIFR and couldnt figure it out there either. I can minimize or maximize but it doesnt let me do my own sizing. Is there something you know of in the ini files to do this?

This should probably get moved to pm forum i suppose....

Scott

Kris Stow
09-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Well, I sent an email to PM with this request so we'll see. It would be cool and would definitely seal the deal for me so to speak.

Eric, I tried to make the PMRJ Demo run in a Windowed mode that I could then resize and move around but wasnt able. I also check my licensed copy of GAIFR and couldnt figure it out there either. I can minimize or maximize but it doesnt let me do my own sizing. Is there something you know of in the ini files to do this?

This should probably get moved to pm forum i suppose....

Scott

Sizing the PMRJ in widowed mode will only work with the "+ and -" located on your num pad not by the backspace button for some reason. Sometimes the software wont let me do anything to size it unless its in full maximized window mode and then sometimes it will. Also try the arrow keys while holding CTRL key and also try holding the ALT key while moving with arrow keys.

I currenlty am running both captian and co pilot along with RMU's from one single computer via TH2GO. you can open multipule PMRJ windows at one time, didnt know if anyone knew that, so if not that's my tip for the week.. HA HA HA!

Does it let you move around and resize in max window mode?

Let us know if you hear back from PM about adding the analog guages to the PMRJ software will save lots of money if they do, unless you are wanting the mechanical guages.

Also check my website in about an hour (23:00 CST) for the panel pictures.

Regards,

(Eric any word from Joe I see he posted some News on his fourm. I have responed and yet nothing. Wondering if his place suffered any damage from hurricane Ike? )

XOrionFE
09-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Sizing the PMRJ in widowed mode will only work with the "+ and -" located on your num pad not by the backspace button for some reason. Sometimes the software wont let me do anything to size it unless its in full maximized window mode and then sometimes it will. Also try the arrow keys while holding CTRL key and also try holding the ALT key while moving with arrow keys.

I currenlty am running both captian and co pilot along with RMU's from one single computer via TH2GO. you can open multipule PMRJ windows at one time, didnt know if anyone knew that, so if not that's my tip for the week.. HA HA HA!

Does it let you move around and resize in max window mode?

Let us know if you hear back from PM about adding the analog guages to the PMRJ software will save lots of money if they do, unless you are wanting the mechanical guages.

Also check my website in about an hour (23:00 CST) for the panel pictures.

Regards,

(Eric any word from Joe I see he posted some News on his fourm. I have responed and yet nothing. Wondering if his place suffered any damage from hurricane Ike? )

Thanks Kris,

I can size the panels themselves and move them like you said. What I cannot do is take the overall program and shrink the window. What I would like to do is have GAIFR running in one window and PMRJ in another with one on top half of screen and one on bottom but I cannot get it to run in a window other than fully maximized. I have to be missing something. I see how you did yours using the TripleHead2Go which leads me to believe that it doesnt need to be run maximized but I cannot figure out how.

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
hummmm so what im gathering is when you put it in windowed mode you see nothing? You should be able to run both programs windowed on one screen I do it with my RMU all the time as shown on my site. Wondering why it wont let you.

So in windowed mode when you "grab" the edge of the page with your mouse you are unbale to resize the window itself? Also can the GAIFR airspeed indicator show airliner speeds or just the regular cessna/mooney airspeeds?

Also see my site, I add those pics. Enjoy.. Let me know what you think, its just a temp thing until Joe from Innovative comes out and releases there's. Also I added a downloads section with the Lear PDF's on it and a list of the FSUIPC FSX codes.

Regards,

XOrionFE
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
hummmm so what im gathering is when you put it in windowed mode you see nothing? You should be able to run both programs windowed on one screen I do it with my RMU all the time as shown on my site. Wondering why it wont let you.

So in windowed mode when you "grab" the edge of the page with your mouse you are unbale to resize the window itself? Also can the GAIFR airspeed indicator show airliner speeds or just the regular cessna/mooney airspeeds?

Also see my site, I add those pics. Enjoy.. Let me know what you think, its just a temp thing until Joe from Innovative comes out and releases there's. Also I added a downloads section with the Lear PDF's on it and a list of the FSUIPC FSX codes.

Regards,

Well, I made some progress. I had to get my sim fired up and get wideclient running to get me out of pure demo mode. Then I was able to start dragging things. I am attaching a screenshot. As for speed, the menus allow you to increase maximum to 400kts. I tried editing the gaifr.ini file and put in 600 and it took. So I guess it wont be a perfect match as far as the guage is in the actual Lear but at least you can set the max speed. Here is screenshot of both panels.

XOrionFE
09-20-2008, 12:31 AM
here is one with 600kts as maximum.. I blew up the guage a little so you can see better

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Awsome job!!..

Going to have to try that on my sim when I get home. Are you going to come and join the Lear heads?? :p

XOrionFE
09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Awsome job!!..

Going to have to try that on my sim when I get home. Are you going to come and join the Lear heads?? :p

I think so! Slowly but surely. I am going to start building the MIP and panels. I will keep my GA pit together until I am pretty well along with the new Lear MIP. I have to figure out how to do the back side (stand) to integrate my customade yoke. I dont plan on doing a true Lear yoke setup and there is just enough room in the Lear panel for me to have my yoke shaft come out at the right place without interfering with buttons. I also need to be able to pull the throttle panel away and replace with my Fighter platforms whenever I get the urge to shoot at something. Finally, I want to figure out a way to hide a set of piston throttles and also have the MIP have a removeable cover over pilots instruments that I can remove and replace with a GA steam gauge panel over the pilots 15inch monitor. This way if I need to do some real instrument training then I have my setup still. I have my Private Certificate and plan on getting instrument rated eventually. That will probably be in a 172R when the time comes.

You guys have definitely inspired me!

BTW - Your new panels look awesome. Nice work. Did you just print and then cover with transparent film?

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:59 AM
BTW - Your new panels look awesome. Nice work. Did you just print and then cover with transparent film?

Yeah took my PDF (the last file on my list of downloads) down to Kinko's and had them printed on Vinyl. took them about 2 hours and they were ready. cost about 20$. Had the entire MIP done will be posting more photos in time. So keep watching the site.....

Hopefully getting ready to give old Mr Rollo a call over at www.flightsimmersion.com (http://www.flightsimmersion.com) for the next addition..

I hear what you are saying about still being able to train, I myself am going thru my multi rating, but boy is exspensive. Well buddy I'm off; speak with you soon, back to cleaning the house!!!

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah took my PDF (the last file on my list of downloads) down to Kinko's and had them printed on Vinyl. took them about 2 hours and they were ready. cost about 20$.

Nice job Kris. A few questions about the ML21... Are the real learjet ones? I found myself on ebay at 2.50$ each, vendor has tons of them, though I didn't see the caps as well. And I'm wondering if you planned to light them with incandescent bulbs, as it will be hard to interface with available cards.

To Eric:
Well most of you have really much more experience than me in this job, and are always glad to help, that's nice. I'm just at the beginning. Anyway I spoke to Ron a few days ago and we agreed that it would have been great to have a learjet builders dedicated forum as many other aicrafts have. Many people are approaching and getting infos on building a LJ45 and I had myself many requests on my blog. Maybe if all of you agree as well I might setup one as I have the needed hardware and bandwidth to do it. This won't mean mycockpit will loose his referring job for me and the others. I watch it twice as day at least, but could boost the builders number of our favorite aircraft.

Tomlin
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
I'd like to keep traffic coming to MC.org, however, I do want a dedicated place for the Learjet birds. I refer to Trev and Matt and ask, what is your thoughts?

Tomlin
09-20-2008, 07:54 AM

Kris, I havent heard from Joe in many weeks other than a missed call on Thursday evening.

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
I'd like to keep traffic coming to MC.org, however, I do want a dedicated place for the Learjet birds. I refer to Trev and Matt and ask, what is your thoughts?

I don't think such a thing would cause traffic loss to MC and maybe would add some if we'd sponsor it. The best would be if the admins add specific aircrafts areas to this site, that would solve our needs forever, but I think that if they liked it, it would have been done before.

My idea is to have a portal with infos for regional jets and learjet specific builders approaching, and a forum to share infos and ask, as most of the specific aircrafts builders have. Moreover a regional jet cockpit is the cheapest way to have a full home simulator and I think many looking at our works would think about building one themselves.

I agree, anyway, that this project can only start if many of us L45 fans like the idea, as the work has to be shared if we want something nice and functional. So a comment from all the people interested in is needed, and maybe some MC admin could even answer to a request for specific aircraft type aeras that would keep the job inside MC.org.

XOrionFE
09-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Just my 2c,

After thinking a lot, I took a different approach to the problem of the displays.
I tested the PMRJ, but even if Enrico is italian as me, and I would be happy to use his software, it doesen't seem to me complete at all atm and the free OpenRJ project looks almost dead.

Then I realized that the cheap FriendlyPanel LJ45 is very good and even if lacking part of the great smoothness and interfacing capabilities of PMRJ, I will use it after having rearranged with FSPS to remove the bezels and other things I don't need, creating a main panel with just the PFD,MFD and RMU over the black background. The Learjet 45 is a simple aircraft at end. It will be easier for me as I made the shell slightly wider (5 inches exactly) and managed to fit all the 3 displays over a 19" monitor after a really long planning time. A sort of restyling to the old LJ45. I then moved the analog gauges to the center of the MIP too, by placing them vertically and freed some space to even fit mechanical gauges. Maybe sometime in the future.

I believe, then, that this MAIN pc, that manage the displays, will be in truth a less powerfull one (not too much but a 70$ dualcore will be enough), as it will have to handle just the opencockpits and joystick cards and a slimmed FSX installation with FSUIPC, WideFS, Wideview and the 2D panels.
The more powerfull will be instead networked trough Wideview to show the external views and handle the addons. I'll have a third one too, a tiny VIA Epia, onto the pedestal for the CDU, throttle motors card, and a special all around panel with an 8" touch lcd to manage almost anything in the simulator network trough scripts (an eventual GPS, managing of flight plans, Radar Contact's ATC, AdvDisp, ActiveSky, Squawbox etc).

P.S: I believe that PMRJ has the standby gauges as well... Or am I missing something? (Question for the big bosses Eric and co.)

Have you completed the Friendly Panels/Wideview setup yet? Do you have this working? If so I would like to see some pictures and get some more details from you. I would like to explore this some more first before shelling out the cash for PMRJ if it is a viable alternative.

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
I worked a bit on in the last hour and this is what I got. I modded the panel by painting the bitmaps black, resizing and refitting the MFD, PFD, RMU and removing all the other unneeded panels. The framerate is excellent, most of all considering that this have been done with all the sliders almost to the right. After tweaking the slides it will go further 100fps. Everything is fairy smooth I have to say and better than I could think. To improve things I spotted the main view to bottom, to keep the framerate stable.

Anyway what I discovered after is even nicer. As the gauges are simply painted, the bezel's keys are still working on even if invisible, this allows an easy using of the FSUIPC macros as well. :)

As I have some time I'll test the wideview setup too, but I'm sure that won't change anything for the panels itself.

Joe Cygan
09-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Kris, I havent heard from Joe in many weeks other than a missed call on Thursday evening.

Hi guys,
Everything is fine with me, as I have been incredibly busy trying to organize this move and other things.

As I was finishing production on the Lear panels and the 45 component prototypes I was also juggling a very large account I was awarded. Not that my life was busy enough my wife’s company decided they needed give her a promotion on the basis we moved to Houston ASAP. So, among all of this I found myself selling my home, buying a home, finding a work building and not to mention in the middle of a hurricane.

I have been extremely stressed by this. InnovativeFSP has just grown by three times.

Joe

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi guys,
Everything is fine with me, as I have been incredibly busy trying to organize this move and other things.

As I was finishing production on the Lear panels and the 45 component prototypes I was also juggling a very large account I was awarded. Not that my life was busy enough my wife’s company decided they needed give her a promotion on the basis we moved to Houston ASAP. So, among all of this I found myself selling my home, buying a home, finding a work building and not to mention in the middle of a hurricane.

I have been extremely stressed by this. InnovativeFSP has just grown by three times.

Joe

Joe,

Glad to hear you made it through, sounds like you were having an incredible stressfull month... Well bro you know me and if you need any help with anything I wil be free all week, then heading offshore on Friday the 26th.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

Regards,

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi guys,

Joe

All of us hope that such a sudden change in your life will go for the best, and you'll soon have spare time to share with us again :-)

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice job Kris. A few questions about the ML21... Are the real learjet ones? I found myself on ebay at 2.50$ each, vendor has tons of them, though I didn't see the caps as well. And I'm wondering if you planned to light them with incandescent bulbs, as it will be hard to interface with available cards.

The AML21 series switches is the alternative switch that replicates the Lear honeywell switch to the closest i could find. The original honeywell switches for the lear are anywhere from 15 to 80$ US. The switches I bought from ebay and got the caps from Allied Electronics. I will find the information on the caps and send over,

I hope Matt and Trev adopt a LearJet section to MC and also if they decline we always have the lear section at Innovative FSP. I must say I love coming to MC to see the new stuff and products though, and all the people are so nice and willing to help. Thats my thoughts anyway...

Regards,

Joe Cygan
09-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks Guys,

I'll call you this weekend Kris.

Joe

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 12:19 PM
The AML21 series switches is the alternative switch that replicates the Lear honeywell switch to the closest i could find. The original honeywell switches for the lear are anywhere from 15 to 80$ US. The switches I bought from ebay and got the caps from Allied Electronics. I will find the information on the caps and send over,

I hope Matt and Trev adopt a LearJet section to MC and also if they decline we always have the lear section at Innovative FSP. I must say I love coming to MC to see the new stuff and products though, and all the people are so nice and willing to help. Thats my thoughts anyway...

Regards,

Thanks if you get infos about the caps. I might just buy them and make the button's core myself with my CNC for simplier wiring and backlighting.

I hope too that the admins would give us the chance of a dedicated section. It seems to me that all the L45 builders around the world are visiting this site so this is already the natural meeting place. Let's see what happens.

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I worked a bit on in the last hour and this is what I got. I modded the panel by painting the bitmaps black, resizing and refitting the MFD, PFD, RMU and removing all the other unneeded panels. The framerate is excellent, most of all considering that this have been done with all the sliders almost to the right. After tweaking the slides it will go further 100fps. Everything is fairy smooth I have to say and better than I could think. To improve things I spotted the main view to bottom, to keep the framerate stable.

Anyway what I discovered after is even nicer. As the gauges are simply painted, the bezel's keys are still working on even if invisible, this allows an easy using of the FSUIPC macros as well. :)

As I have some time I'll test the wideview setup too, but I'm sure that won't change anything for the panels itself.

Are you able to get your RMU software to work with the Friendly Panels? Great job on breaking it down hopefully you can get it to work over a networked system. I already own the Lear Friendly Panel so again when my place is back together I'm going to give all this newly found info a try. Just the one thing i see is that maybe the TCAS, WX and Terrain will not display on the ND. What are you thoughts on this?

Also does the CDU functions work as well and are able to install a keyboard emulator to create a CDU from scratch??

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I hope too that the admins would give us the chance of a dedicated section. It seems to me that all the L45 builders around the world are visiting this site so this is already the natural meeting place. Let's see what happens.

I agree MyCockpit is a neutral ground between all sim builders and it would be easier if they did incorporate a Lear Jet section but like you say we'll see what happens.

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Are you able to get your RMU software to work with the Friendly Panels? Great job on breaking it down hopefully you can get it to work over a networked system. I already own the Lear Friendly Panel so again when my place is back together I'm going to give all this newly found info a try. Just the one thing i see is that maybe the TCAS, WX and Terrain will not display on the ND. What are you thoughts on this?

Also does the CDU functions work as well and are able to install a keyboard emulator to create a CDU from scratch??

the RMU is fully working as well and is already integrated in the FP panel. It just misses the eicas engine and electric overview pages, but PMRJ doesen't have them as well. The only Honeywell RMU that I know has them is the Wilco's Citation X, but I wasn't able up to now to implement as it connects to a dedicated own database.

I think that you'll be able to use the CDU as well with an usbkey card on a small lcd directly from the MAIN pc. Some tweaking might be necessary to direct the keysends to the CDU alone. We should try both the FSUIPC macros or an autohotkey script. The TCAS I think is working anyway, but the WX not. A tweak could be to add a WX indipendent panel that pops on top of the ND as it's requested. I'll try this.

ronjonrollo
09-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm on a quick lunch break and wanted to say hi. (someone has to keep the city safe!) I have been following along this thread and I like everything I hear. I would love to see a dedicated Learjet45 forum preferably here at mc.org.
Kris, I'll call you in 10 minutes.
Joe, call me when you get a chance.
I wish I had more time to post,
See ya fellas, :D
Ron

rt72
09-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Woah! That Wideview idea seems to be working. Why didn't I think of that? :-)

vcimmino
09-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Woah! That Wideview idea seems to be working. Why didn't I think of that? :-)

The panel is on the main computer... If you move this on the wideview computer you won't see many of the functions working as WV only updates position and speed, plus AI and weather with optional utilities.

Kris Stow
09-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Scott,

Try http://cockpitsolutions.com/flyware to see if they have what you need besides using PMRJ. Also found this website of a gentleman doing a citation X and his display software is based on the Primus 1000 system take a look here also..http://c560xl.webs.com/software.htm

rt72
09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Stoney's stuff is looking good.

Hmm, I wonder if the Wideview developer could easily modify it to display panel data instead of the other stuff?

vcimmino
09-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I don't think this is the meaning of Wideview, as it's just intended, as the name itself suggest, to expand the visuals of FS9/FSX.

What I really think the scene is missing, is a sort of gauges sandbox. An external program connected through Wideclient/FSUIPC that can display panels/gauges on a networked computer.

Don't know though if this is possible.

BlackWidow
09-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I can only imagine all of the gauges that could be made for use in a simpit if someone did come up with a way to connect them using WideFS. I would think it could be possible.

XOrionFE
09-23-2008, 12:18 AM

Did you get an further on this? I just bought the Friendly Panels Learjet and will probably try this route as well. I figure if I add a video card to my pc I may be able to get all working from just one pc. I wonder how my performance will be affected running 6 monitors! 3 will be off one output through triplehead and the other three will be direct. In theory this should work. Downside is that since my MIP will have 3 monitors I really will not have any vga outputs left to do cdu. This may end up dictating buying another copy of FSX and getting Wideview. Then I will move the outside visuals to my other computer.

Scott

vcimmino
09-23-2008, 04:01 AM
I hadn't the chance yet. But as soon as I can I'll send you the modded FP panel.cfg so you can test yourself on the added monitor the performances. By running anything (3 visuals, gauges and addons) on the same computer I think that some performance hits might appear, and this will be probably lead to shutters in both the gauges movement and popping scenery. This is not a video card problem but a cpu one.

Tomlin
09-23-2008, 08:18 AM
I can only imagine all of the gauges that could be made for use in a simpit if someone did come up with a way to connect them using WideFS. I would think it could be possible.

There's a guy named Jason H. who's creating some nice gauges that run via network and are free at

http://www.flightdecksoft.com/ .

I encourage you to check out his gauges, although none are currently LJ specific.

ak49er
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Could you use a payware/freeware aircraft that featured a good simulation of the Honeywell Avionics, much like Feel there PIC Embraer. Then un-dock the PFD, MFD and such, and replace the .air file with one of your choosing? This way you cold use the functionality of the pre-programmed software, but the flight dynamics of your A/C?

Tomlin
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Possibly, but Im not sure how good performance wise how well it'd work.

I got your PM and Im working on getting that for you soon hopefully.

thanks,

popeyus
10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Hello from France ,

Sorry to dig an old post but I have a problem with openRJ : I dont have any documentation. Do you know by any chance how to display VOR 1 or ADF needles on the PFD ( I want to use it as an RMI ). Moreover I can't read DME distance ... Thank you for your help !

Tomlin
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Popeyeus

I know you are asking about openRJ, but I wanted to make you aware of a new product, JET45AAS, at http://www.flightdecksoft.com/software/Jet45/

Tomlin
06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Version 1.0.0.3 has just been released of the JET45 software. It's a must for any LJ40/45 builder!

http://www.flightdecksoft.com/software/jet45

Matt Olieman
06-18-2010, 10:38 AM
I appreciate the update Eric. :)

Matt Olieman