PDA

View Full Version : Cockpits in action

AchillesP
09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi to all,

What about an idea to put all our cockpits in action somewhere online one day per month? Can an event like this be organized by the staff? IF of cource the members of this forum would aggre and like something like this idea.

Achilles

Trevor Hale
09-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Count me in.. Umm wait, I need to finish my build first LOL

When you have a date in mind, post it in the forums, and see how many show up. Bob Reed was talking about using an FSHost server, perhaps you guys could all get online there. Wither that or on VATSIM

Trev

AchillesP
09-16-2008, 02:37 PM
mmmmm. I really do not have any idea about the date. Maybe the staff can make a pole with some possible days? Lets say the first Friday of the month or something else?

Achilles

JBaymore
09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I think it is a GREAT idea. Once the "tradition" is established, the participation will likely build. Hopefully the MyCockpits FSHost flight server will be back online soon (Bob?)

My suggestion is to post a specific "flight" each month. Make the flight time about one to one and-a-half hours long. For many, that is about all the time they can find at one sitting. And chose the airports to be suitable to a number of aircraft types.....since we'll probably have everything from Lears and CRJs to 747s and A380s.

One REAL problem is mixing small GA people with the heavy metal. (Disable wake turbulence in ActiveSKy!) ;) The speeds just don't match up for an airport to airport hop.

BIG caveats always revolve around time zones. What is early evening for those in Great Britian is mid afternoon for those on the east coast of the USA,....... and is the wee hours of the morning for those in Asia.

best,

.....................john

P1IC
09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Count me in.. Umm wait, I need to finish my build first

Me too! Just wait a while so I can get the last few wrinkles outta this goddam software. Oh, and get that VSI to stop wrapping itself round the end stop. And find a way of stopping the seat slide from crashing to the backstop every time I rotate at take off (sorry, wait, that's the Piper Tomahawk, not my sim).

Bob Reed
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
I think it is a GREAT idea. Once the "tradition" is established, the participation will likely build. Hopefully the MyCockpits FSHost flight server will be back online soon (Bob?)

My suggestion is to post a specific "flight" each month. Make the flight time about one to one and-a-half hours long. For many, that is about all the time they can find at one sitting. And chose the airports to be suitable to a number of aircraft types.....since we'll probably have everything from Lears and CRJs to 747s and A380s.

One REAL problem is mixing small GA people with the heavy metal. (Disable wake turbulence in ActiveSKy!) ;) The speeds just don't match up for an airport to airport hop.

BIG caveats always revolve around time zones. What is early evening for those in Great Britian is mid afternoon for those on the east coast of the USA,....... and is the wee hours of the morning for those in Asia.

best,

.....................john

Server is ready! It just needs a little more testing I think I will make it public and see what happens!

AchillesP
09-17-2008, 04:30 AM
In case of FSHost we need also a teamspeak server in order to syncronize.

In case of online (Vatsim or Ivao) we can have ATC support.

John Davis
09-17-2008, 04:57 AM
We have already beaten you to it on this one although it is only once per year
the event is called World Flight and its starts on 2nd - 3rd November depending on where you are located on the planet.

this year it looks like there will be approx 12-15 full size sims taking part including my own. there are 45 different legs and the event will have Total VATSIM Coverage. we will be flying 24-7 for one week !
we are all raising money for our individual charities and welcome your support.

Each year there are many desktop sims follow us round and there is no reason why any of you cant do the same in your sims.

to find out more about the event visit my own website
http://www.747simulator.co.uk/page70.html

or the website of the Lead team world flight Australia
http://www.worldflight.com.au/

You can also view our promo which was filmed in my sim last year during the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqaE1pheKBg

Best wishes John

AndyT
09-17-2008, 05:16 AM
The Teamspeak server is up and running! (Thanks Dee!)

Yes, time zones figure in pretty strongly. I would love this. Once a month would be good. We can make it a 'Tour the World' trip and do a different leg each month. We should hit every country/state/province in the world. That will give us more than enough stops to last for some time.

And plan it so that we all are landing pretty close to each other. Give ATC a real workout. That means GA will be first off and last in.

Matt Olieman
09-17-2008, 05:44 AM
In case of FSHost we need also a teamspeak server in order to syncronize.

In case of online (Vatsim or Ivao) we can have ATC support.

I guess fellow pilots are not aware of our FSHost and TeamSpeak. TeamSpeak is on the top menu bar, and I'll let someone else explain our FSHost server which runs all the time. Bob Reed will make sure the FSHost is in ready condition :)

I love the idea of organizing a day of flight. I don't care what kind of cockpit you got, this should be lot's of fun :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

AchillesP
09-17-2008, 06:40 AM
I guess fellow pilots are not aware of our FSHost and TeamSpeak. TeamSpeak is on the top menu bar, and I'll let someone else explain our FSHost server which runs all the time. Bob Reed will make sure the FSHost is in ready condition :)

I love the idea of organizing a day of flight. I don't care what kind of cockpit you got, this should be lot's of fun :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

I think that this must be done organized in order to have success. All thoughts are acceptable here. Let's give some time to this post and poll. It is less that one day on public.

Kennair
09-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Sounds like a great idea for team flying and also to get to know everyone other than by text here. My only concern is the time difference being based in the southern hemisphere and some 12-15 hours ahead of the US, but the idea of flying a different leg each month could resolve this, as long as there were enough takers for each zone. I too am a GA flyer but there's nothing to stop me loading the sim with a 737 or perhaps a CitationX and fly above everyone else :)

Ken.

rottenlungs
09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
I would be keen but my Kingair`s good for about 220KIAS. How about a couple of nights, one for jets, one for turboprops and one for bugsmashers?

James

Michael Carter
09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Sounds like a great time, but I agree that time zones might be an issue as well as work schedules. We're not all 9-5'ers here.

I used to like flying on German Day on IVAO when I was off. It was afternoon flights while everyone in Deutschland was flying in the evening.

Bob Reed
09-17-2008, 09:04 AM

Matt Olieman

When I get home tonight I will make all the details public and lets get some testing going. I am going to send you a pm Matt.....