PDA

View Full Version : Screen size

Mac
09-11-2008, 01:44 PM
My screen radius will be 7'. Using three projectors what height screen would be required.

Matt Olieman
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Horizon is always at eye level. How much sky and ground you want to see is up to you. :) :) :) What ever you're comfortable with and it's adjustable.

Matt Olieman

Mac
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. What size screen should I buy? I can work out the length but don't know what size the picture heightwise would be projected.

Michael Carter
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
You'd have to check at what distance your throw would be for the view you want and hope you have that much room.

AchillesP
09-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. What size screen should I buy? I can work out the length but don't know what size the picture heightwise would be projected.

Hi,

You will use 4:3 or 16:9 ratio because this in the only ratios can be displayed from the projectors. So for the 7meters length probably you must use 16:9 ratio in order to feet the height into the room.

ratio 16 is the length
ratio 9 is the diagonial

Calculate and find the height.

Note that with three projectors you have 3 x length, 3 x diagonial but 1 x height.

FredK
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I am planning a 3 projector system with a similar visual radius (that is, the distance from eyepoint to each screen) of slightly less than 7 feet. Screens will be positioned at 45 degrees. For a 6'9" radius I calculate a width of about 5'6" for each screen. Therefore a 4:3 aspect ratio calculates to about 4'3" in height; a 16:9 ratio calculates to about 3'1" in height. I plan to use the 4:3 ratio simply because it will fill more vertical space within that configuration. Screen will be elevated so as to have horizon at eye level.