PDA

View Full Version : atc thru usb headset

biggest424
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
hi guys,i need some help please.
i am using fsx,usb headset,one sound card,fsinn.
i need to get atc voice thru my headset and the fsx sound thru the speakers.but when i connect the usb headsets everything comes thru the headset.what must i do to get the atc sound only thru the headset???

glen

Rodney
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
You need to go into the properties of your sound card to change it. When you plug in the usb headset it is recognised as a sound device. Change it on the voice tab of the sound properties. Get there by (winXP I presume) Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices. Then you will have to tell what ever program you are using what to use for playback.

biggest424
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
thanks rodney
i think i got it done.

one other question:
would about 12 goflight modules cause my frame rates to drop or they dont cause no lag when flying.was wondering if i should get another another computer to run them ?

Rodney
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Glen,
That I could not tell you. I use 2 and don't see anyhing. Of course some resources being used, but it depends on you current computer setup. I can't speak to running them off a non FS computer either.

PDT 200
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I've got 19 GF mods and 5 monitors connected and in FS9 I have 27-35 avg FPS. 1 computer with quad core processor. I haven't had a chance to migrate to FSX yet.
Regards,
Brian