PDA

View Full Version : OC EFIS & PM MCP Interfacing

Rodney
09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I just have to share this. I was fortunate enough to purchase an EFIS from Ian (August 2008 Featured Builder) and was a little hesitant on getting it to work with the PM MCP software. So I asked the fine folks over at Open Cockpits to give me some insight. They did better than that and sent me a compiled script with simple instructions. The result is that it works perfectly. The only thing it does not do is move some knobs and switches in the PM MCP graphic which is Ok because it is minimized while in use. So I'm off to check flight it. Sorry, I am just excited about the simplicity of this. Now I may have to learn some SIOC coding at some point.

ian@737ng.co.uk
09-03-2008, 02:20 AM
hi rodney......
you're obviously excited :o)) excitement is part of the fun. when something works, it's not only an achievement, but also a step forward.
thank you for your purchase and wishing you great success with the rest of your project.
best regards from the welsh borders.... ian.

APAK
09-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Rodney ,

You are a luck man , I bought an EFIS from Opencockpits ,followed their instructions and only with help of others I got to put the EFIS working partially , the VORs,ADFs do not work , I tried contact them but no reply , they are the worst company in giving support to their clients .They sold the equipment and that it's , we have to be looking in the web for help while they hide themselves in their site.

regards

Alberto

QF6228
09-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh No....:???:

This is not what I want to Read considering I just purchased 2xEFIS 1XMCP and a FLAP gauge from them......... I hope they are worth it?:neutral:

Damien

Trevor Hale
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh No....:???:

This is not what I want to Read considering I just purchased 2xEFIS 1XMCP and a FLAP gauge from them......... I hope they are worth it?:neutral:

Damien

No worries Mate. That's why there is Mycockpit.org :)

QF6228
09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
No worries Mate. That's why there is Mycockpit.org :)

True Trev.....Most of us couldn't do it without this place ;)