PDA

View Full Version : VRinsight

andarlite
08-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Check out their MCP and CDU:

http://www.vrinsight.com/

Anybody have any experience with this company?

Regards,
Henry

Trevor Hale
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Great stuff Henry.

Incredible prices too, $134.00 Euros for the CDU. Fantastic.

Michael Carter
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Never heard of them before, but this product looks very promising for a non-FMC aircraft to replace the keyboard that some of us are stuck with.

It's $175 US from Simware Simulations. No idea on shipping.

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
hi guys.....
in europe, these are coming out of simware in belgium http://www.simw.com/ . oli thorne and i already have placed orders for some MCP/CDU units. they are not available in europe until 10th september. the idea is to take a look at them and see what we can do with them.
for the money, the circuit board/pushbuttons/frame make them 'useable'.
i need a second CDU for the right side. i have a dummy now and anything is going to be a step forward. looking at the 'pictures', i'm sure we can do something with these.
reading the docs, they seem to be exceptionally good value for builders 'on a budget' or for those with no room to allow it to get any bigger.
nice to see somebody actually coming out with a product that more people can actually afford :o))
just a note about simware......they price in euro's and the price you see if you select your local currency is only 'advisory' and not the price you will pay. my order was 15% more expensive when i got the confirmation. so i called them and a nice guy called mattys explained why he was 'overcharging' me. but at least he did it with a smile :o))
will advise how they perform when i have had chance to put them thru their paces.
regards from the welsh borders.... ian

Michael Carter
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Can't wait for the reviews.

I noticed that they say it emulates the radio stack for non-FMC aircraft. Please investigate this function thoroughly for me if you would. It doesn't seem as though it could possibly emulate all of the radios at once.

Unless it's just a feature to see what you have tuned on the other radios.

AndyT
08-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I saw them a couple of weeks ago but at the time their website was not up yet.

Really nice stuff for a generic builder and the radio stack is a GA flyers near ideal. Great prices.

I'll wait till they get a US supplier.

brynjames
08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Seems to be a middle level solution, cheaper and simpler than GoFlight but more complex than Desktop Aviator kit.

You can download the manuals now, which give a better idea of the capabilities and limitations of the product. Doesn't include an oxygen mask :p

They give a support phone number - the country code is South Korea.

--
Bryn

CoNa
08-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I have ordered the CDU since a couple of weeks ago. Scheduled deliverance mid September, so I'm waiting :roll:

I will post a revew as soon as I can.

(The MCP/EFIS would have been ordered if I allready did not have the OC)
A nice price, if you are not that particular with that, it does not look like the "real thing", and are going for a generic setup instead.