PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Flow Problems

WayneLaycock
08-23-2008, 03:26 AM
I am flying the B737-800 using the aircraft file downloaded from Project Magenta. I have recently upgraded my Overhead Panel using I/O Cards but have had a problem with the fuel flow since. My problem is that fuel does not flow from the No2 Tank (stbd wing) unless I turn on the fuel crossfeed. I will get an 'imbalance' error. I have upgraded to the latest builds and have checked everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trevor Hale
08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
I am sure you have probably checked this, however are you sure you have both fuel pumps on?

WayneLaycock
08-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Good point Trevor. All indications are that I have both fuel pumps turned on. May need to dog down deeper to see if they are actually on. Certainly on PMSystems screen they show as on with both lights extinguished. The only thing I can think of is that something is shutting down the fuel valve from that tank. At least I can fly for now with the crossfeed on.

Thomas Richter
08-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi

In our software you will not find a problem.
You are using FSX !!

Make sure you changed the following line in your Aircraft.cfg

number_of_tank_selectors = 2

The aircraft.cfg for e.g. the default B737 you will find in

Your Drive\ ... \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800

In FS9 it has not been relevant because it doesn' work really but in FSX it does.

brianwilliamson
08-24-2008, 02:46 AM
That happened to me this afternoon and I was wondering what on earth was going on. Many thanks. Will do the mod tomorrow.
Regards..................Brian W.

WayneLaycock
08-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Thomas, thank you. You are a champion. It works like a charm. By the way that is a great little programme of yours for checking the offsets for the B737. It helped me find a few bugs.

Wayne Laycock
Sydney, Australia