PDA

View Full Version : A340 for sale

warvet
08-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Well guys,
After all these years your finally going to get your wish and get rid of me for good :) I am selling my entire Sim as a whole or in somewhat parts. However Pedestal Overhead FCU etc are all sold in respective sections. No Im not dying or in financial straights or having a baby just tired and moving on. This sim I have been building for almost 10 years total time collected alot of stuff for my sim and in that time made alot of great aquaintances, quite a few good friends and Im sure a few enemies :) Never the less its been a great journey. Anyone interested in picking up any items let me know otherwise Ill be putting it on the Ebay Auction Block and well see how it goes. Any offers please keep reasonable and send in private message. Thanks again to MyCockpit for there kindness, and wonderful commeraderie and to the ladies for their awesome support. Ill be around for a lil bit yet till all the sim is gone :( Talk soon

Tim
A340
Canada

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-06-2008, 02:29 AM
hello tim.......
it's always sad when people go a different road. may i be the first to wish you good luck and success for the future and call in here from time to time to let us know how you are going on.
it will be hard to part with 10 years of your life i'm sure, but 'nothing is forever' and i'm sure you have thought long and hard about it.
enjoy what you do in the future.....
best regards from the welsh borders..... ian

warvet
08-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Ian,
You've been a good friend over quite a few years and I also wish you the best mate. Thanks for the tearful , cheerful sendoff :) You know it time to leave the hobby when you send a letter to your mom and sign it love your son Tim A340 :)

Regards

Tim
A340
Canada

AndyT
08-06-2008, 03:39 AM
We all have different seasons in our lives. It seems that you are entering a new one. You will be missed. Blessings to you and your family.

dnoize
08-06-2008, 04:00 AM
WOW TIM !!

I cant believe my eyes. I expected this from many people, but certainly not from you.

Hope you will still hang around for a while with us.

Good luck with whatever project you will be picking up now.

Stef

PascalHaldenstein
08-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Tim

Although I didn't know you very well I heard a lot of things from you (We're one big family here on mycockpit ;-)). For example the "adventure" story with the thief that you overpowered so( don't know if this is the right word:roll:;))!! It was always funny and enlightening to read your posts and I think after 10 years of simbuilding you made a lot through with this hobby. You really became "a sim-building titan":p

I wish you good luck for the future and all the best to you and your family

Kind regards from Switzerland

rhysb
08-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Tim, buddy it has been an absolute pleasure. In my time in the industry I have met some really good people and shared many good memories. But buddy you were a cut above the rest and will be sorely missed by a lot of us and especially me. It has been a pleasure flying online with you and I wish you and your family all the happiness in the world

Keep in touch bud

Rhys B

blueskydriver
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Tim,

I don't know you as well as the others in this hobby, but I think it's a sad day for all of us that you're leaving! All the great discussions and stories that you tell and not to mention your honesty and direct way of putting things.

With your martial arts background, it has always played into the way you discussed things with us here and at FDS. Sort of the style that says "I can tell you what you may or may not want to hear, but if you don't like, I got the ability to back it up mentally and DAMN for sure physically!"

I know you said that you'll pop in now and then, but I'll miss the all so often debates you provide about how Airbus is bettter then Boeing. I think many people might have chose the Airbus side of the hobby on just the things you've said alone.

Finally, I do wish you the best for whatever the reason you're leaving the hobby for. Still, I do hope you miss it so much that you come back. Heck, maybe even trick everyone out and build a Boeing...now that would be a hoot.

I give my best to you and your wife and please do post from time to time.

John

NicD
08-06-2008, 05:28 AM
Say it isn't so Tim!! :shock::(

Or are you just going to start a Boeing project now? (finally saw the light!!) :p

You've been a great inspiration to many my friend and will be sorely missed in the pit builders community. We'll especially miss you during World Flight (but hey there's a crew slot here for ya anytime).

All the best for your future and I hope we can cross paths again.

Matt Olieman
08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm not believing my eyes..... NOW WAY, just CAN'T be.... this is a bad dream... Please TIM say it ain't so...... You put a lot of hard work into this baby, proud of what you've accomplished, made fantastic friendships. Can't see you leaving us all.... :( :( :(

Matt O.

Tomlin
08-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Man Tim, I was hoping after our phone conversation the other day that you were just having a dry run and would eventually get the bug again, but I see now that you really need a break. Your un reserved attitudes and no nonsense approach to sims and life and all your stories will be missed!

Hey, instead of making a big comeback on the Boeing side, I would love to get you into a LJ45 !

Take it easy big fella, and keep in touch.

warvet
08-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey guys,
Its me :) Ive been sitting up as you can see by the time trying to price this baby out and it breaks my heart with each mark of my pen on the paper.After all the amazing posts you guys wrote me thats the reason why I got into this hobby , because of people like you I will miss it soooo very much. When it was stated so well that we are a family I truly feel and felt that way. Guys like Matt O who guided me and mentored me was more than a friend could truly ever be, the hours I spent flying and learning from Rhys in the wee hrs of the night and tons of laughs over the mic, Nic and all the boys a WorldFlight the 1000s of laughs bantering with Maurice and of course the great posts from all of you as I watched your talents skyrocket, like phil and Nic, Eric, Ian, John, Stef ,Gwyn,Trev, Mike, Paul G and just too many to name which just motivated me more and more everyday. I could never say enough about this hobby or the fine men and amazing women behind or in front of those men that put their lifes blood into it. Thank you for making me feel so appreciated and welcome and most importantly missed. I am taking the funds from my sim dissolution and putting them into a new company Im building that will propell me to levels I have only dreamed of before so believe me, when I have hit that goal and it won't be far away I will be back with a sim 100x better (I hope) or 1/10th of most of yours whichever you look at it :) But never a Boeing lol Thank you again see you in the sky eventually.

Regards

Tim
Former A340

phil744
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Well Tim this place will never be the same without you, but you have to take care of yourself and your family that’s what’s important. I know I will miss the general banter and those "I can’t believe Tim said that" moments and the random phone calls at 5am;)

Personally mate, I do wish you all the luck in the world with whatever you try your experienced hand at next, but personally deep down I think that you will be back.<O:p</O:p
<O:p

Keep in touch<O:p</O:p
<O:p

Phil<O:p</O:p

Michael Carter
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
We'll miss you around these parts Tim. Keep in touch.

Just remember, once this hobby is in your blood, it never, ever goes away. I know you'll be back, and when you are, we'll be here.

Joe Cygan
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
It will suck not having you around but change can be healthy.

Good luck my friend.

DAL900
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey Tim,

I still want to fight you at any sim convention, I've been studying Kung Fu Panda and have pretty much have got all the moves mastered. I'll bring your favorite punching bag (you know who, duh da da) from another forum for backup. I hope your "walk" will bring you back soon.

Quality is bad doing this from work

warvet
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Here is list of just some of the items available all prices are negotiable but will be based on current market cost of same or like item.All items are in excellent running condition

2 sets of CH Pro Pedals Professionally Customised to be A340 Heavy Aluminum Cover Plates Etc (Real feel)

FDS Airbus FCU and G1 with extension board for 2nd EFIS includes Capt and F/O EFIS

2 46" LCD Monitors SOLD!

Airbus Glare Wings Capt/FO FDS
Full Pedestal Setup all panels
including an actual Airbus Flap Panel off A320

2 Fully backlit Airbus CDUs with Screens built in completely plug and play with high end connecting cords
1 Dummy FDS CDU with 5 in LCD Screen

GF166 Radios X3
TQ6 Board X1

Airbus GlareShield that houses FCU High Gloss plastic Molded professionally Custom made

CH Pro Throttle quadrant Brand New used 1X

10 Phidget Boards several still in pkg
2 KE 72 Hagstrom Boards

Real Aviation Headsets 4 pairs

Real Aircraft Intercom System with attachments to convert to computer use plug and play for real aviation headsets.

2 projectors
1 Brand New Digital Th2Go with Cables DVI-I Never used

Complete A340 Overhead all wired Buttons, Knobs, switches etc and frame lined with seal Skin vinyl Grey airbus color

Custom Built Thrust Lever TQ with 4 Slide pots built in 4 Levers each operational individually, Heavy duty built to duplicate exact Airbus Specs sizes. Very nice piece feels real.

Landing Gear Handle and GF RMK LGT board wired.

A ton of FS9 and FSX Addons

As well as plenty more items too many to name here now.

Tim

dodiano
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
It is hard to let go something you love so much!! I totally understand you good luck buddy!

Peter Dowson
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Real Aviation Headsets 5 pairs

Real Aircraft Intercom System with attachments to convert to computer use plug and play for real aviation headsets.

How much for 3 of the Headsets and the intercom system, Tim? Can you ship to the UK?

If you won't split the headsets, how much for all 5? Does the Intercom system cope with all 5?

Regards

Pete

warvet
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Peter,
Actually your in luck mate, I sold 1 this morning about 30 min ago but you can have 4 of them and thats exactly how many will fit the intercom because I have an extension for another 2 sets so thats 4 in total. The headsets are 2 sets of Featherlite and 2 sets of Pilot same ones used alot in Helos Shipping to UK is no worries at all Peter, for you it'll be a pleasure to know it went to you rather than someone who wouldnt take good care of them.
You got mail :)

Tim

Peter Dowson
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually your in luck mate, I sold 1 this morning about 30 min ago but you can have 4 of them and thats exactly how many will fit the intercom because I have an extension for another 2 sets so thats 4 in total. The headsets are 2 sets of Featherlite and 2 sets of Pilot same ones used alot in Helos Shipping to UK is no worries at all Peter, for you it'll be a pleasure to know it went to you rather than someone who wouldnt take good care of them.
You got mail :)

Sounds good. i replied!

Best regards

Pete

Westozy
08-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Good luck with your sale and new project Tim, I hope it all goes well for you.

I can't imagine life without my baby Boeing but I suppose parting with a scarebus would be alot easier! LOL! Only kidding, if it has wings and things it will always be a beautiful creation to me and I now find myself an Airbus TQ vendor, how did that happen to the Boeing fan? I expect you will miss the virtual skies more than you think and will see you when you come back to MC.org!

Best Regards,

Gwyn

warvet
08-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Anyone interested make me an offer!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270263055280&category=26436&sspagename=rvi:1:1v_

Tim

blueskydriver
08-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Tim,

Email me a list of the add-ons that you have for FSX; maybe, I don't have some of them already. Also, what type of projectors do you have and how much for them? Send me a list of the items you did not list in your previous post(s) as well.

Thanks,

John

QF-347
08-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Kay tim...
Ill give ya $100 for it all including shipping and charges ;)

its sad to see ya go bro :(

cam

warvet
08-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Heres a list of current software for FSX and FS9 all in excellent conndition

Airbus Series Volume II Wilco
A340 500/600 Justflight
A340 Professional Justflight
Simplates
VFR USA Chicago
Ground Enviroment Flt software
FS Global 2008'
Ultimate traffic
Ultimate Traffic 2007
Ultimate Hong Kong
Fly to Cancun
Mega scenery North Cal
Mega Scenery So Cal
Mega Scenery Washington
Ultimate Terrain Canada and Alaska
Ultimate Terrain USA
USA Roads
DHC 2 Beaver
Airbus Fly By Wire
Mega airport London Heathrow
VMAX Real Scene US Terrain Mesh
Radar Contact
Flight Operations Center FOC
PFE

These are what I have thats disc. About another 150 on actual DL Hardrive

enjoy Tim

Michael Carter
08-07-2008, 06:29 AM
How much for Mega-Airport Heathrow?

warvet
08-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks for kind words Cam your a good mate.

For you Mike only $25 CAD + ship thats almost 1/2 price and its brand new used 1x in box perfect condition.

Let me know

Tim

Michael Carter
08-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Comes with the activation key, or is that not needed on a boxed CD version?

warvet
08-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi mike,
yes comes with full book and activation key

Tim

QF-347
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Hopefully someone will take over your Worldflight spot...
i see Flight Experience in NZ has entered 5 sims!
and a new sim in brisbane... dont leave timmyyyyy
we looooveee uuuuuuuuuuu! :D

warvet
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Anyone interested in any I/O Boards

Phidget Cards I have 7 left rest are sold.
I have LED 64
7 0/16/16
1 KE 72 and 2 expansion boards

Also have a S Video 5 Port router for CDUs or any TV out device or S Video

2 custom made Speaker Sonic Tranducers to put under your seats attach to an applifier of any kind and then to sound card in Comp.Can provide photos if interested. These work awesome. All ready to connect.

Tim
A340
Canada

warvet
08-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Cam go to WF crew forums and check my post lol you'll laugh mate.

Michael Carter
08-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi mike,
yes comes with full book and activation key

Tim

I pretty much shot everything for the sim this week. If you'll hold it until next Friday, I'll send you a Paypal for it plus shipping. Thanks!

Let me know if that's OK with you.

Peter Dowson
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Actually your in luck mate ... You got mail :)

Sent you mail earlier today. Please check. Hope it is okay!

Pete

Trevor Hale
08-07-2008, 03:33 PM
If I could afford it, I would take those 0/16/16's you got..

GRRRR never at the right time LOL

Anyone interested in any I/O Boards

Phidget Cards I have 7 left rest are sold.
I have LED 64
7 0/16/16
1 KE 72 and 2 expansion boards

Also have a S Video 5 Port router for CDUs or any TV out device or S Video

2 custom made Speaker Sonic Tranducers to put under your seats attach to an applifier of any kind and then to sound card in Comp.Can provide photos if interested. These work awesome. All ready to connect.

Tim
A340
Canada

PaulEMB
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Tim,

Always late to see the news! I wish you all the best with whatever your new project is!

I suspect you are really working with PC to develop the A380 prototype - that's whay you need the room!

Hope you stick around to keep in touch with us all-

Best regards,

mauriceb
08-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Someone in the FDS forum reminded me of one my old posts where I exposed Tim's elusive simulator. That one went into hiding for a few years but I'm pretty sure now it will be resurrected when Tim makes a return appearance after his new business ventures which I am sure are needed to fund the electrical bill for the full motion in his new sim. Here is a sneak preview.
You can run Tim, but you can't hide. :D

Maurice

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/mau_ben/IMG_0018.jpg

warvet
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Maurice hahahaha I still remember that phot and post lol.

Ok WOW! so much is gone and still doesnt even look like the simulator has been touched :)
First off so far ty guys for your great support in this and I know you'll all be happy with your new aquisitions. Speaking of that heres the new list of available items minus sold stuff.

1 GoFlight RMK GF 166 $100
http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=74

1 GoFlight RMK GF TQ6 $50
http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=66

CH Pro Throttle Quadrant New In Box http://www.chproducts.com/retail/t_tq_quad.html $120.

1 TH2Go Digital Never Used All connections. SOLD

2 sets CH PRO Pedals with Heavy Aluminum Custom Foot Plates Built on Very nice feel all custom. Could be modified for any aircraft

7 Phidget Boards - $70/each
1 Hitachi CPX275- $1000 (awesome Condition)These 2 were my original setup so got low usage on them.
1 Infocus LP630- $800 (Excellent Condition)
I sold my (3) Infocus LP860 already I was using for my current setup. :) sorry, but if you want insane med throw projectors for flight sim those are the bomb.
Airbus FCU and G1

A340 Throttle Quadrant (Thrust Levers) All levers move independant in proper detents. ready to be connected has 4 pots attached.Very nice piece

Complete A340 Overhead FDS Panels already wired with frame.

A340 FDS MIP Panels over Beautiful Custom Acrylic/Lexan Background on Wooden Back Base Very Strong

Landing Gear and custom usb board with 4 Lights already attached

Metal Landing Gear Lever/Mechanism Works fantastic used for any aircraft

Also a KVA 4 Port Switch Box awesomefor instructor station setups.with all cables $80 for everything with cables to buy is over $150.00

http://www.computercablesource.com/kvm-server-switch-4-port-masterview-ic-814-388.html

2 Fully Operational Airbus CDUs SOLD

1 Dummy CDU SOLD

1 6" LCD Screen With connections.

1 Full Pedestal FDS Elite A340

1 Flap Panel off real A320

FCU/Glare Shield Plastic Black with Grey Vinyl very nice.

Glare Wings Airbus

7.1 Surround sound System by Creative like New.

Let me know stuff is going fast still. :)

Quick question would someone be kind enough to post a copy of this post in the AVSIM Swap Meet Pages because I cant seem to post for some reason and just refer them here or to my email tim.henry@shaw.ca thanks guys so much.

Tim

MLeavy737
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Tim... I know i have been away from the hobby for a little bit but just looking around today i certainly didnt expect to hear that your selling your sim and getting out. Just wanted to say good luck to you and your family. I know these decisions are tough and i cant say that i didnt toy with the idea from time to time. Hopefully like others said you will miss it and decide to build another! Good luck my friend, stop in and say hi from time to time!!

Mike Leavy

Bob Reed
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Tim. Sorry to see ya go... But there is no reason you can not still hang around and chat with us! There is no rule that says anything about not having a sim! Take care on your new business and do sty in touch!

rhysb
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Damn I will miss you Tim, Just remember your always welcome on my flightdeck!! :-)

warvet
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Awwww Thx guys for all kind comments and responses.

2 Brand New Heavy Duty Jeppesen Ring Binder $20.00/each
http://www.aviationworld.net/product.asp?pID=2763&cID=67
2 Sets of Air 680 Real Aviation Headsets

5 Like New Professional Pilot shirts (White) $19.00
1 New in pkg Professional Pilot Shirts (White) $15.00

16 1/2 neck 32/33 Long Sleeve
15 neck 34/35 Long Sleeve
15 1/2 neck 32/33 short Sleeve
17 1/2 32/33 Long Sleeve
16 1/2 34/35 Long sleeve
17 34/35 Long Sleeve

5 Pilot clipon clip on Blue (Dk) $5.00
17 3/4 in
20 3/4 in
21 in
21 in
17 in

(These were for WorldFlight)

Shoulder Rank

2 sets 1st Officer 3 Gold on Black $7.00
1 Set of Captain Bars 4 Gold on Black $10.00

1 GoFlight RMK GF 166 $100 ......................SOLD
http://www.goflightinc.com/order/pro...products_id=74

1 GoFlight RMK GF TQ6 $50.............Available
http://www.goflightinc.com/order/pro...products_id=66

CH Pro Throttle Quadrant New In Box http://www.chproducts.com/retail/t_tq_quad.html $120..............Available

1 TH2Go Digital Never Used All connections................................ SOLD

2 sets CH PRO Pedals with Heavy Aluminum Custom Foot Plates Built on Very nice feel all custom. Could be modified for any aircraft .............Available

7 Phidget Boards - $70/each .............Available

1 Hitachi CPX275- $1000 (awesome Condition)These 2 were my original setup so got low usage on them. .............Available

1 Infocus LP630- $800 (Excellent Condition) .............Available

I sold my (3) Infocus LP860 already I was using for my current setup. sorry, but if you want insane med throw projectors for flight sim those are the bomb.
Airbus FCU and G1

A340 Throttle Quadrant (Thrust Levers) All levers move independant in proper detents. ready to be connected has 4 pots attached.Very nice piece .............Available

Complete A340 Overhead FDS Panels already wired with frame. .............Available

A340 FDS MIP Panels over Beautiful Custom Acrylic/Lexan Background on Wooden Back Base Very Strong .............Available

custom usb board with 4 Landing Gear Lights already attached .............Available

Metal Landing Gear Lever/Mechanism Works fantastic used for any aircraft $100

Also a KVA 4 Port Switch Box awesomefor instructor station setups.with all cables $80 for everything with cables to buy is over $150.00 .............Available

http://www.computercablesource.com/k...c-814-388.html

2 Fully Operational Airbus CDUs............................... SOLD

1 Dummy CDU...................................... SOLD

1 6" LCD Screen With connections. .............Available

1 Full Pedestal FDS Elite A340 .............Available

1 Flap Panel off real A320 .............Available

FCU/Glare Shield Plastic Black with Grey Vinyl very nice. .............Available

Glare Wings Airbus .............Available

7.1 Surround sound System by Creative like New. .............Available

current software for FSX and FS9 all in excellent condition

Airbus Series Volume II Wilco
A340 500/600 Justflight
A340 Professional Justflight
Simplates
VFR USA Chicago
Ground Enviroment Flt software
FS Global 2008'
Ultimate traffic
Ultimate Traffic 2007
Ultimate Hong Kong
Fly to Cancun
Mega scenery North Cal
Mega Scenery So Cal
Mega Scenery Washington
Ultimate Terrain Canada and Alaska
Ultimate Terrain USA.........................SOLD
USA Roads ...........................SOLD
DHC 2 Beaver
Airbus Fly By Wire
Mega airport London Heathrow ........................SOLD
VMAX Real Scene US Terrain Mesh
Radar Contact .......SOLD
Flight Operations Center FOC (AWESOME SOFTWARE A MUST HAVE)
PFE

Regards Tim

Peter Dowson
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Awwww Thx guys for all kind comments and responses.

Hey Tim, can you check with your buddy, please? I complied with and replied to your private mail immediately I saw it this afternoon this afternoon. I'm a little worried, just need confirmation.

Thanks,

Pete

warvet
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey Peter,
Your Pkg will be Shipped Tomorrow!

Tim

Ehsan.akbarpour
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
And let me have your email address ?
This is mine .
Ehsan.akbarpour@gmail.com

Matt Olieman
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
@Ehsan please note, the last post from WARVET is over 3 years old.

Matt Olieman