PDA

View Full Version : FS2Phidgets Update

W9XE/Project777
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I received an email from Alan Dyer today with an update to FS2Pfhidgets. Below is the information

Have re-written FS2Phidgets based upon experience with my sim.
Has new look and feel.
No "save" buttons (everything is auto-saved) , a run time mode, an option to minimize at run time, etc.

Biggest addition is what I call Binary Coded Input.
If I was more marketing oriented, would name feature something like "Input Expander".
Suggestion originated from David Allen.
Here's how it works:

Assign the same offset to more than one digital input.
For example: Assign BusSelect1 ( offset 56ED ) to digital inputs 2,3 and 4.

BusSelect1 is one of the electrical bus select switches on pmSystems' 737 electrical panel on overhead .
Has 7 positions. (states).

FS2phidget will see each Phidget input as a bit in a range:
input 2 = 2^0 = 1
input 3 = 2^1 = 2
input 4 = 2^2 = 4

Whenever the state of either 2,3 or 4 changes FS2Phidgets will
generate a value by evaluating state of all 3 inputs as a group .
For example:
input 2 = on = 1
input 3 = off = 0
input 4 = on = 4
---------
Total 5

Will send value 5 to offset 56ED i.e. bus1 switch will be set to position 5.
8 input settings using only 3 Phidget input ports !!

The assignments do not have to be contiguous across inputs.
Could assign BusSelect1 to inputs 2,5 and 7 and BusSelect2 to inputs 0,3 and 6

As a performance consideration processing is event driven.
i.e. offset is only updated whenever an input changes state - there is no continuous polling.

The lowest numbered input is always the low order bit.

For now, only set to work with offsets of Type "Discretes".

Regards,
Alan.

Here is the link to the site. http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phidgets/flight_simulator_FS2Phidget.asp

ekezz
05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
I have installed the new version 4.0 and run into some trouble assigning inputs.
I have a 8/8/8 connected.

In the Digital Input I have assigned PARK BRAKE to phidget position 7. Works fine.
When I want to assign another element I get an empty drop down menu, with only Unassign as an option. Selecting the unassign and again clicking on the drop down list does not change a thing.

The same goes with the Analogue Inputs. I assigned SPOILER ARM and see all the options in the drop down list. But on the other phidget positions I get the same empty drop down lists but for the Unassign option.

I use the 400.ini file and have tried the 320.ini file.

Any ideas?

pylet
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the update. I went to Phidgets forums to see if others are having any problems with the new update and found the forum to be out of service. Following is a replay back from their IT person:

----
Hi Lyle,

Yes, we all had just gotten back from our company Christmas party weekend, and saw this ourselves. I called up our host a few minutes ago, and it looks like their server was attacked over the weekend. Hopefully it will be back up later on today. If not, then please check back tomorrow.

We appreciate your patience in this matter, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Alex Ward

Trossen Robotics / Phidgets USA
Lead Application Developer
A Division of Trossen Innovations, LLC
One Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite 910
Westchester, IL. 60154
----

FYI Only,
Lyle

pylet
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Looks like Phidgets forums is back up.

----
Hi Lyle,

The forums and our blog are all back up and running. We heard back from our host, and they said that they couldn’t figure out why, but their DB fell offline over the weekend.

Thanks again for the email!

Take care,
- Alex
----

Lyle

ekezz
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Version 4.1.3 is available now, don't know since when, but if you don't have it go get the update

Matt Olieman
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Here's the URL for ver 4.1.3

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/downloads/fs/fs2phidget413.zip