PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Going To Lelystad In Nov?

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
hello captain's.....
ok, it's only july, but is anybody planning on going to the aviodrome first weekend in november for the FS show (you have to go if only to see the 'connie')?
i'm thinking that we could organise a mycockpits.org 'international meet'.
alan watson and i will arrive AMS early Saturday Morning and be at the show about 11:30.
we're there Sunday as well. Got dinner sorted Saturday night at the most amazing chinese restaurant you've ever been to in your life into the bargain, cortesy of Gert at FSXpand (www.flyware.nl). when i say courtesy, i means he knows where it is, you have to pay for your own nosh :o)
anybody interested, let me know. it would be great to meet the faces that go with the names.
have a great week chaps........
regards from the welsh borders.... ian

salautom
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
O yes, I'm definitely planning to be there at saturday, its only a 15 minutes drive :D

mpl330
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Could well be tempted for this - is it a good enough excuse to say I am going to save on 20euro Postage & packing for something from the hobby shop?!

Cheers
Mike

BoeingNG
07-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Ian,

I would like to go, so you can give me all the details next time I come over. My head office is only 20ks down the road in Almere so I will get the co to pay the flights if I combine it with a site visit.

I look forward to meeting some of the guys anyway.

Se you soon,
John R

pdpo
07-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Hi all,

Normally I attend also at least one day....(2,5 hours driving one way)

But if nothing is being organized to meet at a certain time, certain location... forget about walking into each other... there are just too many people there....
I would love to meet other people too which share the same interest.....and who are contributing to this site.

Greetz Peter

Peter Dowson
07-22-2008, 06:36 AM
hello captain's.....
ok, it's only july, but is anybody planning on going to the aviodrome first weekend in november
anybody interested, let me know. it would be great to meet the faces that go with the names.

I'd be very interested, but my wife would not want to go and with my poor eyesight (severe tunnel vision due to RP) I do not like to travel alone. If it were possible to meet up with you or some other kind soul for both travelling from/to the UK, and hotel booking etc I'd love to attend. Do you think that might be possible? I live a bit south of the LISTO waypoint, south of EGCC. My wife would take me to a meeting point within reasonable range.

What do you think? Emails to petedowson@btconnect.com please.

Best Regards

Pete Dowson

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM
gentlemen good day......
first, peter (pdpo).....i was thinking nearer the time to put a time on a meet for both saturday and sunday p.m. this will allow people to meet with other members whichever day they attend. i know about the crowds, this is my third visit, but still i love to go because i always learn something. leave this with me. i have had a few mails in already and when i have time to think about it and get more organised, i'll post some more details.

second, mr.dowson....i've mailed you with our travel plans. you would be welcome to travel with us.

rgds from oswestry .... ian

flyby767
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi all ,

I hope that a lot of members from MyCockpit can make it to this biggest Flightsim event in the world, www.FSweekend.com.
This is also the biggest international cockpitbuilders event in the world.
It seems this year with again more international cockpit builders and more commercial company's that sell cockpit hardware.
This is the event of the year 2008.
Look @ http://www.fsweekend.com/archief/2007/index.php
For the exhibitors list from 2007

Best regards,
Frans
www.FSweekend.com

nihad
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I actually would like to attend too but with a small stand so if somebody could give me some details on how I can do that would love to showcase some of my made stuff there.

Nihad

pdpo
07-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Nihad, check the site...

you can probably inscribe at info@FSweekend.com

Greetz Peter

See ya all there

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
nihad.....
speak to frans (flyby767) he's the main man. let's see what he can do for you.
i for one would love to see you there. you're knobs need to be seen to be believed.
awesome quality, well done. hope you get there, you may be able to sell me some more.
have a great day and good luck....
best regards from wales..... ian

fordgt40
07-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Been looking for an opportunity to break the duck and get in my first post!

Ian, I will be there and have PM`ed you. Hope to see many more of you there

Regards

David

Philb737
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Count me in!!!
I'm planning on visiting Robert and Stef from Flyengravity and Nihad:D.

Trevor Hale
07-22-2008, 06:05 PM
What I wouldn't give to live in Europe right now! LMAO

Philb737
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I live in California:p:p:p, just a short hop away , NOT!!!

phil744
07-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Went last year so yeah I will be doing it again I hope this year, but I will only decide the day before the event.

Just going to jump in the car drive all the way there

Matt Olieman
07-23-2008, 07:17 AM
I'd be there in a heartbeat, just not enough funds in the budget :( :( :(

Matt O.

flyby767
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Nihad

Sent me your email adres.
And I send you al the info.

Best regards,
Frans Broekhuijsen
Frans@fsweekend.com

Roland
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I enjoyed the last 2007 FS Weekend a lot, and marvelled at the stuff that was on display.
This year I would like to make my contribution, so you will see my motion cockpit in action (maybe do a checkride yourself) in this years show on Nov 1&2 2008 in Lelystad.

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-24-2008, 12:44 PM
hello roland......
motion, WOW! something i cannot afford and have no room for. so please let me book a space in the motion flightdeck for saturday afternoon. i'm so envious :o))
thanks and looking forward to seeing you. let me know where you will be at.

AchillesP
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi,

I have never been before. This year I plan to go with one friend from Greece. See you all there.

Achilles

Roland
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
hello roland......
motion, WOW! something i cannot afford and have no room for. so please let me book a space in the motion flightdeck for saturday afternoon. i'm so envious :o))
thanks and looking forward to seeing you. let me know where you will be at.

Ian, you're welcome to try. Though it's not a full scale cockpit, just a single seater GA type on a moving platform. See http://www.simprojects.nl/diy_motion_platform_iii.htm

Note that due to weight-balance system, there is a weight limit: around 80kg max pilot weight. I'm still trying to improve this.

RalphW
07-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Flights booked. This is nearly turning into another UK Builders meet :-)

Ralph

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-25-2008, 07:35 AM
hi ralph.....
uk 'posse' now stands at 8 with yourself, so i suspect that it's going to be 12 or 14 by the time we get to go.
i will be coordinating the 'meet' at AMS, before travelling onto lelystad. so a chance for uk mycockpit.org members to meet our friends from holland, greece, germany, belgium etc.
nearer the time, i will be suggesting in the forum a 'meet' time/place on saturday and sunday, so we can all meet the faces that go with the names. too early yet to do anything concrete. will probably post details mid-october and then start to collate the info.
have a great weekend chaps.....
regards from oswestry... ian

Paul Thomas
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Hotel booked for 3 nights. Will together with a flightsim-friend of mine travel by plane from Oslo/Gardermoen (Norway) friday afternoon and return home following monday. We are really looking forward to this event.

dnoize
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Look forward to meet you all there (again for some :-) )

Stef

mhserrano
08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
:cool: Hope to find you all at Lelystad!! I think it will be a great meeting with plenty ideas for inovation!

Bye, see you soon!

vpilot
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Since I live about 15 mins drive from there, I'll be there too... bringing my notebook, tapemeasure and a truckload of questions hehe :D

Cheerio,

Sander

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
hello captain.......
which day?
come and meet the UK visitors. let us know when you will be there and we will be delighted to meet up.
rgds from the welsh borders... ian

vpilot
08-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll be there sat and sun, all day

By the way, if anyone needs a ride to/from Lelystad airport, I'd be happy to pick you up from Lelystad trainstation or nearby hotels. I got 3 comfy seats open, and a 4th one if you don't mind cramped :-).

Sander

stefanloss
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
I`ll be there for sure, like in the last years, too.

douwe
08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Will be there,
demonstrating the progress of a cheap diy 6dof moving platform for a soaring flightsim.
See pictures on the website (no text jet).
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jippes/hi6sim

dnoize
08-09-2008, 03:36 PM
What a great project !

Will certainly pay you a visit !

Stef

Matt Olieman
08-09-2008, 04:32 PM
That is absolutely fascinating.... would love to see that in action.

Matt Olieman

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-10-2008, 01:50 AM
hi douwe......
i'll be looking for you as well. looks really cool !
regards from wales.... ian

Roland
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Douwe,

I'm also very curious about the progress of your motion system. The things you showed last year looked really promising. See you in November!

bobrelax
08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
hi guys,

So I am thinking about going in November too, so see you soon:D

BoeingNG
08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Douwe,

Looks a cool bit of kit. Ot will be interesting to see that ion Nov.

Regards,
John
www.boeing737ng.co.uk

ekezz
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately I'll have to give this year a miss.
2All who are going, enjoy!

Padraig
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Same as, I would love to go and bring the family but this year has been a really busy one for me, so I look forward to next year. Hope everyone that goes, has a great time ! and please post some pictures when you get back!

ian@737ng.co.uk
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
ok padraig....leave it with us. i think at the last count, there were 12 of us UK members going.
nearer the time i will be making available all the details of the 'meet up' at schipol and where we will be so that other members can come and say hello (and get their piccy taken).
there will be loads of pics, trust me.
you have a great weekend...
regards ... ian

Padraig
09-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks Ian, pictures will be nice :D I hope you all have a great time ! I see you have some updates on your website going to have alook over them now.

luk737
10-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi guys,
Ill be there as well =) look for the 26 year old haha...
Would be great to meet you there..
enjoy

Luke737

klm767
10-30-2008, 04:02 PM
24 hours to go, so ill see all of you there. If you miss me ill be at the Flight Deck Software bootrh showing off there newest Glasscockpit software.

Its really cool and the price is $@^%#@$ CHEAP

Mike

Michael Carter
10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
What I wouldn't give to live in Europe right now! LMAO

No kidding!

I'm afraid if I went I'd never come back.