PDA

View Full Version : IAS dead till 30 KIAS issue

Tomlin
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi all

I have went into my PMRJ .ini file several times now and reset my copilot's PMRJ to show no airspeed until hitting 30 KIAS, but it somehow always never works, and is alive at <0 IAS.

My Pilot side works as needed- dead till reaching 30 KIAS. Im not sure why even though Im certain it's set in the .ini to come alive at 30, it resets to 0+.

Ideas?

Also, I have d/l the newest version of the PMRJ software and attempted to update my current version, but after following the short instructions, it's still saying the prev. version.

Thanks for any suggestions on these two issues,

Tomlin
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Just a followup to my own thread here-

I went in this morning and found the errant file and reset the 30 IAS value and restarted the software. At this time, it appears to be sticking, but what I'd like to know is why it reset itself to start with.

Hopefully that issue is resolved.

Point two:

Im still hoping that someone can tell me the best way to update to the newest version of a PM glass cockpit to prevent any issues. The instructions say "Please copy it into an
*existing* program folder or run the Setup program first." However when I copied it into the existing folder and started the software (using the icon created from the first install) it still says the old version.

Help?

alaxus
07-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Point two:

Im still hoping that someone can tell me the best way to update to the newest version of a PM glass cockpit to prevent any issues. The instructions say "Please copy it into an
*existing* program folder or run the Setup program first." However when I copied it into the existing folder and started the software (using the icon created from the first install) it still says the old version.

Help?

Er? check to make sure you don't have two installs of pmrj running, your desktop shortcut may be pointing to another location than the one you are using. Check out the target in you shortcut. Or better yet make a new one.

I update it exactly as it says, never had a problem with it. :D
Been running ver 86 for months, doesn't seem there is going to be a update any time soon though. :(

Tomlin
07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Jeff

I am really interested in updating due to the correction to the Flight Director, although it was not mentioned specifically what the issue was. Are you aware of what the issue is? Im thinking that when it's not being followed (by the aircraft), it shows a command for an extreme left turn, or is that correct?

alaxus
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks Jeff

I am really interested in updating due to the correction to the Flight Director, although it was not mentioned specifically what the issue was. Are you aware of what the issue is? Im thinking that when it's not being followed (by the aircraft), it shows a command for an extreme left turn, or is that correct?

The last issue I was aware of was the slip indicator was showing exaggerated responses to rudder inputs.
There was, I remember a issue that I thought had to do with the cdu, where if you went to make a change to your flight plan (ie add another way point) the plane would just fly off in whatever direction it liked. I cant remember if it banked left or right.
However, the last updates to PMRJ and the CDU fixed that issue.
Tell you the truth I haven't had any issues causing me problems atm, which is a good thing.