PDA

View Full Version : AutoThrottle with servo

cesarfsim
07-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi
I need some help to auto throttle.

I made a very nice config in my SIOC code for auto throttle but I need to turn it off when Auto throttle switch is select to OFF.

In order to permit move manually the lever with out any servo force feedback... In other word I need to turn off servo power.
Some forum issues talks about "L" position with 0 (zero) but it continues keeping servo force feedback.

Please If some one has any SIOC script for that will be very well come !

Thanks

Cesar

Michael Carter
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Wire the AT disconnect switch to the servo power.

cesarfsim
07-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi
I have been thinking about that but I did not know it would work.
I will do and then I will post it.
Thanks

Lambis777
07-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Without Power can you move the servo easy?
Becuase some servos are very hard to move them even and without power.

Which servo you use?

But if you want to cut the power of the servo you can use the relay card from the opencockpits if this is the problem.

Lambis
Greece

cesarfsim
07-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes I can move easily when power is off.
I use servo from HOBBICO.
I know is possible handle this by SIOC script but It suppose to be easier cutting power supply from servo.
Does any body have a good SIOC script for Autothottle ?
Thanks
Cesar

BoeingNG
07-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Cesar,

I have solved the servo power problem on my TQ by using 1 x small 5v - 5v relay per servo.

I have loaded the wiring diagram on to my site if you want to see it. Basically, I have re-routed the GND of the servos to a relay that I control with USBOutputs card and SIOC by monitoring the AT status offset in pmdg . I have tested this and it works a treat. Once I tidy up my SIOC code, I will upload it and post it on the forum.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
John
www.boeing737ng.co.uk/T-TQ.html

cesarfsim
07-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi John:

Great work !
Just one question... Do you think is possible to wire the Relay to master OUTput BUS from master Card because I don't have USB Output Card.
Other wise I will keep the first option... wire direct A/T switch.

Regards

Cesar

BoeingNG
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Guys,

The Relays I included in my build are simply powered by my USBOutputs card and the PowerOn/Off is controlled through SIOC. However, any device that can cut GND from the Relay coil will do the job. Yes if you wire the Relay via your AT switch it will cut the power and that was my first thought. However, if you diconnect AT by the AT Disconnect buttons on the TQ Thrust levers then you will have to also disconnect the ATswitch on the MCP. All I am really doing is switching power to the Servos based on the value of the AT Offset. So yes wiring it to the switch will also work.

Regards,
John :-)

cesarfsim
07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi John

I will try to use a relay with Output from Master card, not USB output card, and see what happen. I will post later.
By the way... do you have any script for flap gauge with servo motors ?
This is the other project I have been involve with.

Best Regards

Cesar

iwik
07-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi,I dont know if you iocards users realise.You just have to send a 0 to servo bd to disc power.Suggest assigning servo varable to AT switch and send 0 when sw is off.
Hope this helps.
Les

BoeingNG
07-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Les,

Interesting. I will give it a try.

Regards,
John

cesarfsim
07-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Les:
What you trying to say that we donīt need a relay to turn power servo off ?
How to send a 0 to servo bd to disc power... In other words how to do this in SIOC script..
Sorry I am not a Sioc expert ... Maybe John knows something.

Regards

Cesar

iwik
07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi,
Sorry im no expert on sioc.Yes a 0 written to the servo will disconnect power.I was trying to get a Elevator trim indicator to work.So thought i would try it.When it has a zero there you can turn it by hand.Increase this to one and its locked.
If you want to try this,just go to sioc and hit the config button and find what variable you are using to send data to Servo.Open IOCP Console from SIOC and scroll to
this varaiable.Double click it and then enter 0 and hit send button.Firstly make sure
you have connected message showing.You should be able to turn the servo by hand.
I would give you code if i could but would have to check it out and at the moment cant manage it.There is probably people who can.Nico Kaan is an ace,he might pop up.
If you havnt had any luck,let us know and i will try an run some checks on some code.
Good Luck.
Les

BoeingNG
08-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been off for a week or so and tried the "0" this morning. Yes it disconnects the power to the servo. I will tidy the SIOC code up and post it later on this evening for the Thrust Levers.

Basically, if the A/T LED is not lit, send 0 to to Thrust Servos.

Regards,
John

BoeingNG
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
OK, as promised.

Here is the SIOC code for Thrust Lever Engine 1 with Servo. This assumes your throttles etc works manually and is calibrated in Windows and or FSUIPC

Brief explaination
read offset for AT Armed in pmdg
write Throttle 1 servo (your connections and device may be different)
read offset for Thrust lever 1 in pmdg

Var 0026, name AT_Arm, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $62BD, Length 1 // Auto Thrust Armed (<75 not armed)
Var 0206, name TQ_Thr1_SV, Link USB_SERVOS, Device 3, Output 1, PosL 0, PosC 512, PosR 900
Var 0205, name TQ_Thr1_pmdg, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $088C, Length 2 // TQ PMDG Throttle 1
{
IF &AT_ARMD < 75 //(If A/T Disarmed)
{
&TQ_Thr1_SV = 0 //(Turn off Power to Servo)
}
ELSE //(Otherwise it is Armed and power the Servo)
{
IF &TQ_Thr1_pmdg > 0 //(If Thrust LEver 1 Offset is > than 0)
{
L0 = &TQ_Thr1_pmdg / 29 //(29 is the ratio of pmdg value to actual travel value in FSUIPC)
&TQ_Thr1_SV = L0 + 240 // (The 240 is the additional value added to line up the lever properly)
}
IF &TQ_Thr1_pmdg < 0 //(If the THrust lever 1 offset drops below 0)
{
L0 = &TQ_Thr2_pmdg + 1024 // (Settle the lever at idle - this bit needs more work)
&TQ_Thr1_SV = L0
}
IF &TQ_Thr1_pmdg = 0 //(Thrust lever 1 offset = 0)
{
L0 = 50
&TQ_Thr1_SV = L0 // Sets postition of lever to 50 (idle position)
}
}
}

Hope this helps
Regards,
John

cesarfsim
10-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi John:

Do you have the SIOC script for using in Auto Throttle with Sevo cutting power by Relay .

Thanks

Cesar