PDA

View Full Version : When editing LEGS page, LNAV unreliable

eudoniga
06-26-2008, 05:11 AM
This is probably something already discussed on this forum pages, but I don't feel like it's been fixed ...

If you happen to edit the LEGS of your active route, and you're flying in LNAV mode, the CDU leaves the correct flight path and the plane somewhat wanders ...
This stops as soon as you confirm all edits by pressing the EXEC button.

Keeping the a/c on route by temporarily switching to HDG SEL is a workaround, but this shouldn't happen, IMHO.

Regards,

Peter Dowson
06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
This is probably something already discussed on this forum pages, but I don't feel like it's been fixed ...

If you happen to edit the LEGS of your active route, and you're flying in LNAV mode, the CDU leaves the correct flight path and the plane somewhat wanders ...
This stops as soon as you confirm all edits by pressing the EXEC button.

Yes, it has been discussed. It isn't just editing the legs page -- making almost any change in the CDU does it, even changing the CRZ flight level or other values not connected with LNAV.

Apparently it has been fixed in an internal version of PM and we'll see the benefit when a new release is made. I think there are other changes which are holding things up a little.

Regards
Pete