PDA

View Full Version : Skills gained from building a cockpit

fweinrebe
06-25-2008, 02:57 AM
My wife gained so much confidence in my woodworking skills, since I started building a cockpit. I now have to build a tree house for the kids.

Anyone with a similar experience?

QF6228
06-25-2008, 04:29 AM
My wife said I gained so much building skill I should go build a nother house to go live in! And take the sim with me :D.....

Trevor Hale
06-25-2008, 08:52 AM
:shock:

I think you and I may be married to the same woman! LOL

My wife said I gained so much building skill I should go build a nother house to go live in! And take the sim with me :D.....

Trevor Hale
06-25-2008, 08:53 AM
My wife gained so much confidence in my woodworking skills, since I started building a cockpit. I now have to build a tree house for the kids.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Not first hand, but I would imagine you need to start with a tree and build around it :)

QF6228
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
So just to confirm the house is not built out of a tree? or do I have something wrong here :shock:

fweinrebe
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
LOL.

It will be build underneath 2 trees on 4 poles. Hopefully after this project she will become more supportive of the sim. Maybe when the kids grow up, I can convert it into a sim. Will have a nice view. ;)

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
ok guys, this is how it works......
plant two trees, one to build in and one to use for the wood for the tree house, ok.
now while they are growing, you should have loads of time to get on with the sim :o)
easy isn't it.
have a good one lads..... ian

QF6228
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
ok guys, this is how it works......
plant two trees, one to build in and one to use for the wood for the tree house, ok.
now while they are growing, you should have loads of time to get on with the sim :o)
easy isn't it.
have a good one lads..... ian

Haha Not just a genius at cockpit building!

ruprecht
08-21-2008, 03:28 AM
When we married about eight years ago, my wife assumed I was a complete womble with tools because I'm a software professional. Unfortunately once the pit took shape she changed her mind got me to renovate most of the house. :o

I still don't like anything big, sharp and mains powered though. Circular saws give me the wig.

AndyT
08-21-2008, 03:47 AM
When I sold my computer business, I taught martial arts for a while and became a professional Handyman. I worked at that for a few years and then we moved to Hawaii. Guess who gets to do all the repairs around the house? LANDLORD!! LOL thats what I pay rent for!

Padraig
08-21-2008, 07:54 AM
LOL, We think a sim takes a while, theres always work to be done in the house, a mans work is never done :o

mauriceb
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
theres always work to be done in the house, a mans work is never done :o

My guess would be your wife does not frequent/read this forum, but if I'm wrong, have a nice sim-free life and let us know how your recovery is progressing :-P

Maurice

Padraig
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
My guess would be your wife does not frequent/read this forum, but if I'm wrong, have a nice sim-free life and let us know how your recovery is progressing :-P

Maurice

Lol, thanks :D

Paul G
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Well I deviously said "I'm just going downstairs to build the kids a treehouse", but have ended up with a flight sim. However the kids love that too so everyone's happy. Well not my wife but as they say in flight simulator building circles, errr [insert flight sim building circles saying here]

Paul

mauriceb
08-21-2008, 02:42 PM
but as they say in flight simulator building circles, errr [insert flight sim building circles saying here]
Paul

[why buy her flowers when she could be smelling MDF dust & jet fuel fumes instead]

Maurice

ruprecht
08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
[insert flight sim building circles saying here]

"Hey, at least I'm not down the pub"

"It's cheaper than real flying"

"It was cheap really, it just looks expensive. Hey, put down that spatula..."

Michael Carter
08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey, when you tell her you just picked up a $6,000 switch for $35 that should make her rest easy.

ruprecht
08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
She'd be all: "35 dollars? For a SWITCH?" :)

Padraig
08-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Hey, when you tell her you just picked up a $6,000 switch for $35 that should make her rest easy.

LOL, good one :D:D

Michael Carter
08-25-2008, 01:22 AM
She'd be all: "35 dollars? For a SWITCH?"

You have to tell her the $6000 part first.

"Honey, do you have any idea how much this flight rated switch from the original BOEING supplier cost THEM? I couldn't believe it when I LOOKED IT UP at the manufacture's site, Six THOUSAND dollars!!

You won't believe I got one for only $35 dollars SURPLUS. (Not used)

Some of you guys need to be married a couple of times to get though this stuff. ;)

ruprecht
08-25-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm on number two and still learnin'. Though the second one is still around so I mustn't be doing too bad :D