PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Used displayed in Kilos, with LBS as measure unit

eudoniga
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I have noticed that, even if the unit of measure selected within the CDU is "Lbs", the amount of fuel used is displayed by the GC EICAS (any page, I guess) in KGs

True bug or me myself missing something ?

michelmvd
06-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't know if you use separate programs for the PFD/ND capt or F/O side.
All ini's must be in lbs then.
Not only the one on the EICAS pc.
B. RGds
Michel

Trevor Hale
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I have noticed that, even if the unit of measure selected within the CDU is "Lbs", the amount of fuel used is displayed by the GC EICAS (any page, I guess) in KGs

True bug or me myself missing something ?

If I am not mistaken, there is a ini setting that tells it to use metric or imperial...

I can't remember and my sim computers are down right now.

Trev

eudoniga
06-25-2008, 04:05 AM
I have the EICAS GC and the F/O GC running on one pc with double video output.

The unit of measure is chosen and set - AFAIK - from the CDU, 'SETTINGS' page, and therefore it should - in theory - reach and influence every GC module via NETDIR, overrunning any different previous local settings of the GC .ini

In FS, too, I have selected the imperial measure units (in case this might influence PM ...).

What's strange is that the fuel qty triple round gauge on the EICAS reads "LBS", and that the F/F value is also expressed in K-Lbs/hour ... but the Fuel Used is clearly expressed in kilos, what you can tell for sure after a full flight when you look at the numbers ...

Maybe the choice must be repeated for every single GC module, so I will look at all single .ini files.

Will report back asap.

Do you use LBS as the measure unit, too ?

If so, do you get the correct value displayed on the EICAS, so that we can tell that the software is okay "per se" and there must something wrong with my setup ?

Peter Dowson
06-25-2008, 05:04 AM
The unit of measure is chosen and set - AFAIK - from the CDU, 'SETTINGS' page, and therefore it should - in theory - reach and influence every GC module via NETDIR, overrunning any different previous local settings of the GC .ini

Check that you do have

Type=CDU

set in the [Network] section of the PFD.INI files. I'm not sure whether the GC uses the CDU values if you don't have this set.

Maybe the choice must be repeated for every single GC module, so I will look at all single .ini files.

Yes, check the above parameter in each and every one.

If so, do you get the correct value displayed on the EICAS, so that we can tell that the software is okay "per se" and there must something wrong with my setup ?

I have the PFD.INI "KGs" parameter set to off, but the EICAS display responds immediately to changes between Lbs and Kgs in the CDU, which is on a different PC in the network. Apart from that "Type=CDU" parameter I can see nothing else which might influence this in the INI file.

Regards

Pete

eudoniga
06-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Thanks mr. Dowson !

Your level of precision in both intuition & perception related to these kind of problems is - as usual - immense !!!

;)

I would surprise me to find the TYPE= parameter of the EICAS GC set to something else than 'CDU', since the CDU module came along together with the GCs, but I will gladly check about it ...

:rolleyes:

eudoniga
06-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Last night I opened and checked all three pfd.ini ...
All 'TYPE=' were set to 'CDU'
All 'KGS=' were set to 'OFF'

After some flying, I had burned 3 k some Lbs of fuel; starting from 11 k Lbs loaded, the CDU PERF and PROG pages displayed 8 k some Lbs left ...

But the EICAS, when switching from F/F to FU, displayed 700 some Lbs per lateral tank ... and that sounds kilos, not pounds, correct ?

Is there anywhere else for me to go, check and see what causes this misbehavior, before I surrender ?

I'm out of ideas ...

Regards to y'all,

Peter Dowson
06-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Last night I opened and checked all three pfd.ini ...
All 'TYPE=' were set to 'CDU'
All 'KGS=' were set to 'OFF'

In that case I don't understand why your EICAS doesn't follow your CDU setting. Sorry.

You'll need to send your problem direct to support@projectmagenta.com.

After some flying, I had burned 3 k some Lbs of fuel; starting from 11 k Lbs loaded, the CDU PERF and PROG pages displayed 8 k some Lbs left ...

But the EICAS, when switching from F/F to FU, displayed 700 some Lbs per lateral tank ... and that sounds kilos, not pounds, correct ? It certainly doesn't sound right, for sure.

Pete

eudoniga
06-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Yep, because the EICAS seems to "follow" the CDU for all the rest ... therefore it surely can access the NetDir, and so does the F/O GC running on that very same client.

Does your EICAS follow your CDU also for the "Fuel Used" display, when it gets to showing Lbs instead of kilos ?

Is there a chance - in theory - that the flag switch between the two units was not provided for this specific measure on the EICAS page ?

Peter Dowson
06-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Does your EICAS follow your CDU also for the "Fuel Used" display, when it gets to showing Lbs instead of kilos ?

I haven't looked for some time. I think it did last time I looked, but that would probably have been with much older versions of PM modules. My system's down at present so I can't check. Maybe others can say?

Regards

Pete