PDA

View Full Version : frustration

747sim
06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
I am getting so frustrated with my phidgets 8/8/8 board. I am new to this cockpit building but have been using flight sim for about nine years now. I purchased the 8/8/8 and some of the sliding potentiometers and downloaded the phidgets 21 manager and fs2phighets and I am trying to use it with FSX. I have purchased FSuIPC 4 and right now im trying to get the sliders to work because I am intending to build a cessna 172 simulator please help me!!!

Michael Carter
06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
If you haven't already, try eliminating those axis assignments in FS. There may be a conflict.

747sim
06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
the only others i have are my rudder pedals and flight yoke and i dont intend on going without those. thank you for your help

JSpahn
06-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I think what he is saying is make sure you setup the assignments for the pots which you are using with the 8/8/8 thru FSUIPC and delete the identical assignments in FSX, that might be whats causing the conflict. It would be in your best interest to configure your yoke and rudder pedals thru FSUIPC also.

747sim
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
how do i do that?

JSpahn
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
There is more to it then a basic explanation but on page 37 of the FSUIPC *.PDF it goes into detail on how to set it up.

Also the official Peter Dowson forum can help with your specific setup.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

Hopefully that helps;)

747sim
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I am trying again but as try to open fs2phidgets it starts trying to find a library of some sort so i figured they were out of date and downloaded newest library and fs2phidgets but i still have the same problem

AndyT
06-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Check with Alan Dyer on this website.
He will need your:
Phidgets version,
Library version,
OS (Windows, Mac whatever...)
And a copy of your log file.

CocnutAir
06-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Where did you download your phidgets.msi from?

747sim
06-25-2008, 05:49 PM
sorry for time lapse I downloaded it from the phidgets website. now when I try to run fs2phidgets it says its configuring the libraries and then it runs through the setup and comes up with and error message that just has an error symbol and an ok button but no text and when I push ok the progress bar goes down and the entire process restarts.

747sim
06-25-2008, 06:51 PM
i had it working for a second but i added a new pot and it stopped so i think i have it working

CocnutAir
06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I was interested in some specifics:

What are pots going to control? throttles? mixture? prop?
I gather from thread will not be for yokes or rudder pedals.

Not sure what 'it' is that you have working.

It was interesting to see how much specific advise was given on fairly non-specific information. Of course, there may be some private correspondence that is not apparent.

Future tip: Download example programs from phidget.com
See if things work ok with their examples.
If not, then you would take up issue on the Phidgets Inc. forums.
If the example works fine, and you have subsequent problem with fs2phidget, then post a message on this forum.
One is ALWAYS welcome to solicit advise here at any time, but above tip will save some time.

Regards,
Alan.

747sim
06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I have it running now and its fine but the mixture lever thats a different story everything works but that. I start out having it pulled out to engine cutoff and when i slowly move it forward nothing happens until it is 100% engaged when it magically jumps to full and when I try to cut it out again it just stays at 100% there are no conflicting controls and i have it setup the exact same way as my throttle which works perfectly and it isnt a bad pot because it works perfect on other assignments such as flaps.and just out of curiosity does anyone have an opinion whether to use a pot for flaps or a series of pushbuttons thank you.

CocnutAir
06-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Have a look at the settings for mixture control with FSVariable.
Make sure variable is set as "proportional", sounds like it may be set to "digital".

A "digital" setting for mixture control will make your mixture control act like a "long stroke" toggle switch, with an "on" and "off" position at each end of travel.