PDA

View Full Version : I need some help from UK or Netherlands Members

Michael Carter
06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Does anyone in the UK or Netherlands live near these addresses?

Pilgrims Court ,
15-17 West Street,
Reigate,
Surrey
RH2 9BL

+44 (0)1737 227 800

Or in the Netherlands:

1322CG Almere
Netherland
Postbus 60325
1320 AJ Almere

+31 (0) 36 5397009

Both of these addresses are for Trident Display Corp. They have the 12.1" widescreen monitor I need for the MIP, but they keep blowing me off about a price quote.

If someone lives very close to these addresses, could you make a phone call for me and ask about this model number?

TFT 12.1" widescreen monitor. Part number #TX31D55VM2BAA

Thanks.

mpl330
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi,

Is it this product?

http://www.tridentdisplays.co.uk/component_displays/colour_modules/industrial_tft_panel/12_widescreen.html

Cheers
Mike

Michael Carter
06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Do you live near Surrey?

mpl330
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
No I dont live near Surrey but I can try get a quote for you as I am in the UK if that would help?
Cheers
Mike

Michael Carter
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes, that would at least tell me what kind of hit my wallet is going to take.

I only need one and that's why I think they won't deal with me. I thought they could at least tell me that rather than ignoring me. If they would just tell me, I'll look elsewhere.

Much appreciated!

mpl330
06-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi,

Minimum Order Quantity on this product is 10 units...

Hope that helps...

Cheers
Mike

Michael Carter
06-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks Mike. I appreciate you checking for me. Not sure why they wouldn't tell me that. Did they say what the cost per unit was?

krodrig1
06-12-2008, 05:20 AM
You can try this site here. They are based out of California and they are a supplier of the LCD you seek.

http://www.lcdsolar.com/Products/All/HITACHI/TX31D55VM2BAA.html

Hope that helps.

Michael Carter
06-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the link. I don't know how you found that, but I'm glad you did. I've been looking for a US supplier for months.

I just fired off an e-mail to the sales department for a data sheet and a quote for the monitor and a support kit.

Hope there is not a minumum. I may have to find nine more 727 builders.:roll:

mpl330
06-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Mike. I appreciate you checking for me. Not sure why they wouldn't tell me that. Did they say what the cost per unit was?

Sorry - they said if the min order qty wasnt a problem then I should get back to them again for a price...
Sounds like you could be sorted closer to home so a good result!

Cheers
Mike

Michael Carter
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Ron Kokawa at Solar Technologies contacted me twice today while at work. I returned his call and we talked for about 20 minutes about a solution.

We both visited the Trident website to access the .pdf spec on this display, but unfortunately it has been removed or is not on-line.

And just now recieved my third call from him double checking the size of the panel and the active area required.

He said he was going to do some digging for an appropriate size panel. They have access to over 15,000 TFT LCD's. He also said th reason I am having trouble finding this size from Hitachi in the States, is that Hitachi is not a big brand over here for OEM development.

Looks like I struck paydirt with this company. Someone who will actually do business with an individual.

I'll let you know in the days or weeks ahead what the cost of this package will be. I'mm thinking in the $600-$700 range, but it could be higher.
That's pretty steep for one panel, but I'll get to keep all of my original indicators with no panel modification besides removing the instrument clamps.

Thanks again for the lead. Much appreciated.

Michael Carter
06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Ron at Solar contacted me again yesterday and sent the spec sheet for the Toshiba 12.1" widescreen monitor. The fit is perfect as is the display area for the back of the engine stack panel.

He is going to try and work up a support package based on the display specs and get back to me.

The display area is only 2mm short on width when the monitor is turned 90° (up and down) to fit behind the panel.

This might turn out to be the most expensive single item I've had to purchase for the sim. I guess we'll see in the coming days. I've seen prices for smaller kits above $500 and most near the 1K figure.