PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Pots and Reverse thrust

ozziesim
05-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Hi all,

Im in the midst of assembling a throttle quad for my 737NG.

Im using Phidget slider pots for the throttles, PMDG and FS2Phidget.

when the pots are reduced to 0 the reverse thrust automatically engages and wont disengage till around 40 percent which is not what i want as i have different buttons for the reverse thrust.

Whats the best way around this, is it a FSUIPC or FS2Phidget problem?

thanks

Michael Carter
05-18-2008, 10:13 AM
FSUIPC had me pulling my hair out trying to set throttle points and such. I've found that letting FS handle the throttles works far better in my case.

I have three identical high-end pots that all meter out the same spec, but for whatever reason, FSUIPC sees different values for each of the three throttles and none of them will synch up.

I also had the reverser problem that you have. FS is managing the throttles much better for me and all are synched now.

Trevor Hale
05-18-2008, 10:27 AM
After you set the throttles up in FSUIPC, you can use notepad to edit the config file.

Goto the line that shows the numeric values for your throttle axis and set the second number in from the left lower by about a value of 100. this will ensure that the reverser never engages with the throttle levers.

Trev

mauriceb
05-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

Im in the midst of assembling a throttle quad for my 737NG.

Im using Phidget slider pots for the throttles, PMDG and FS2Phidget.

when the pots are reduced to 0 the reverse thrust automatically engages and wont disengage till around 40 percent which is not what i want as i have different buttons for the reverse thrust.

Whats the best way around this, is it a FSUIPC or FS2Phidget problem?

thanks

You need to modify the Phidgets ini file where the offsets are defined. Here is the way the low & high values should read:

LoValue=0
HiValue=16383

The normal FSUIPC offset values for the throttles are
LoValue=-4096 (This defines the max reverse value)
HiValue=16383

So, if you don't want to control the reversers with pots, you need to replace the negative 4096 value with 0 instead. This way, your pots will never initiate a reverse thrust.

Maurice

Michael Carter
05-18-2008, 12:40 PM
After you set the throttles up in FSUIPC, you can use notepad to edit the config file.

Goto the line that shows the numeric values for your throttle axis and set the second number in from the left lower by about a value of 100. this will ensure that the reverser never engages with the throttle levers.

Trev

I tried that a long time ago, but I still couldn't get them working correctly. Too many lines and all very confusing to me. I'm not too program savy. But they're working as they should now.

ozziesim
05-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Guys,

I was up for hours last night however i found a solution that is working at the moment but im not sure if it will cause conflict later,

What i did was simply, during config in FS2Phidgets for the analog sensor i worked out roughly at what point the reverses activated, i found that when the pot was at 39 (0-1000) this is when they would automatically cut in, what i did was set anything before this as a Null Zone, and it works perfectly.

Any thoughts ?

ozziesim
05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
You need to modify the Phidgets ini file where the offsets are defined. Here is the way the low & high values should read:

LoValue=0
HiValue=16383

The normal FSUIPC offset values for the throttles are
LoValue=-4096 (This defines the max reverse value)
HiValue=16383

So, if you don't want to control the reversers with pots, you need to replace the negative 4096 value with 0 instead. This way, your pots will never initiate a reverse thrust.

Maurice

Hey Maurice,

I had a quick look around and couldnt locate that file, your solution seems more concrete, is the Phidget ini file in FS2Phidgets or should it be somewhere else ?

mauriceb
05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey Maurice,

I had a quick look around and couldnt locate that file, your solution seems more concrete, is the Phidget ini file in FS2Phidgets or should it be somewhere else ?

This isn't the Fs2Phidget.ini file. The file in question could be named FSVariables431.ini or something like that depending on what version of Phidgets you have. It is located in C:\Program Files\FS2Phidget\FSVariable folder. It is the file that you use when you assign the offset for a particular function.

Maurice