PDA

View Full Version : new 777 commercial glass cockpit software

dnoize
05-17-2008, 06:31 AM
http://www.sim-avionics.com/index.asp

Dont know if anyone mentioned it here before, but looks very promising at a very decent price.

Cant wait to see the 737 version working with our CDU !

Just tried the demo and im very impressed !

Well worth a look !

Stef

mauriceb
05-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Cant wait to see the 737 version working with our CDU !

Stef

Do you know if there really is a 737 version in the works? ETA?

Thanks,
Maurice

Gazuk21
05-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Maurice,

Rather than go for a generic approach we want to accurately model the different aircraft types properly. We decided to go with the B777 version first as this is what is used in our simulator.

The plan will be to release our first B737NG Version in the next 2 months or so, that will include the systems & EICAS changes. We will no doubt follow that with more updates to the CDU etc.

We will add some further info later today about the 737NG version including screenshots on our forum @ www.sim-avionics.com/forum

Remember if you buy the B777 version you can upgrade to the 737NG version for a very reasonable price later on.

Keep an eye on the forum for info on the Engravity CDU.

Cheers
Gary
www.sim-avionics.com

dnoize
05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
I played a bit with the demo today and it really felt good.

It was up and running within minutes and im amazed by the options the server program offers and the ease of changing things !

And all in one suite: pfd, nd, eicas, cdu, efis/mcp, weather radar, overhead and in the pro versions instructors station too.

The last isnt part of the demo so i cant say anything about that, but the software that can be downloaded as a demo is very impressive !

Stef

dodiano
05-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Looks very impressive!! Amazing work guys congratulations... I have manage to fly the real 777 Level D sim and this looks just as the real thing!

Regards,

Roberto

phil744
05-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Very nice and i'm very impressed, top job!!

How long will I have to wait for the 747-400?

And any plans for the 767?

Phil

arwinpoon
05-17-2008, 06:24 PM
will this be working with FSX?, including instructor station?

Gallie
05-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Guys,

I think ive found my avionics software!

Waiting for the release of the 737 update.

The only set back in this hobby has been removed. Finaly there is a complete and "affordable" software solution.

Regards,

Mike

Gazuk21
05-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Just to answer the few questions......

Yes this works very well with FSX :-)

744 version will come after the 737NG version. Keep an eye on the forum for further details.

Thanks for all your comments so far.

Cheers
Gary

QF6228
05-17-2008, 08:11 PM
WOW this is fantastic! Cant wait to see the complete 737ng

Thanks Damien

Westozy
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Just to answer the few questions......

Yes this works very well with FSX :-)

744 version will come after the 737NG version. Keep an eye on the forum for further details.

Thanks for all your comments so far.

Cheers
Gary

That is exciting news and welcome to the forum Gary.

Will the CP Flight MCP and EFIS operate ok?

Regards, Gwyn

Melnato
05-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Gary....two quickies:

a/ Will you offer the NG suite for sale on its own/separately, as apposed to
an upgrade to the 777?

b/ Is the yearly registration fee just for updates or to keep the software running in general?

Cheers,

Nat

Gazuk21
05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Guys,

We have coded for the CPflight MCP & EFIS but not tested this for a while as we do not own the hardware. There is an option in the mcp config.ini file. Please give it a go and let us know. Failing that we are hoping to get our hands on the hardware this week and will update you on our forums.

The 737NG will be available as a seperate version for the same price at the B777 suite, the upgrade option is for users who want to try the B777 and convert later.

The years worth of updates fee is to allow you to download newer versions, all existing users will continue to work. For example if you buy today you can download new versions up until 16/05/2009. On 16/05/09 you can either keep running your existing versions or pay the upgrade fee to download any new versions released.

Thanks in advance
Gary
www.sim-avionics.com

Kennair
05-18-2008, 09:49 AM
This is really great news Gary. Will there be an RJ version in the future also?

Ken.

QF6228
05-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Will there be overhead logic? :p

arwinpoon
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I have been corresponding with Mark there at sim-avionics and from what I gathered there is an overhead logic for the 777, and I think the 737 is on the cards too.
They have been very helpful in many of my questions and looks like very enthusiastic about the whole hobby.
I have been following their website since I started and as a matter of fact one of the website that really got me going in this hobby. Plenty of videos www.simfest.co.uk .
Im an aussie and its not every day you say that the English have got a winner here. (They know what I mean!!) :D

Paul G
05-19-2008, 01:10 AM
A few questions.

1. Can this run on a different computer to the one driving flight simulator, i.e. over a network? If so, how does this work - WideFS?

2. Does anyone make 777 panels?

3. Work with the GoFlight MCP Pro?

Thanks,

Paul

QF6228
05-19-2008, 02:47 AM
[quote=arwinpoon;58024]I have been corresponding with Mark there at sim-avionics and from what I gathered there is an overhead logic for the 777, and I think the 737 is on the cards too.
They have been very helpful in many of my questions and looks like very enthusiastic about the whole hobby.
I have been following their website since I started and as a matter of fact one of the website that really got me going in this hobby. Plenty of videos www.simfest.co.uk (http://www.simfest.co.uk) .
Im an aussie and its not every day you say that the English have got a winner here. (They know what I mean!!) :D[/quot

Thanks mate, Overhead logic is hard work to program, Hats off to those who achieve it

Damien

leonpo
05-19-2008, 03:33 AM
I am currently using PM B777 suite (including PMSystems) and did short test for convering electric panel to SimAv software. It took me something like 5 minutes to edit FSUIPC_IO.ini file and get working Batt, APU, Gens buttons and announciators with the original PM offsets:

[FSUIPC_INPUTS]
ADIRU_SWITCH=
BATTERY_SWITCH=5628b0
EXTERNAL_POWER_1_AVAILABLE=
EXTERNAL_POWER_1_SELECTED=562Ab2
EXTERNAL_POWER_2_AVAILABLE=
EXTERNAL_POWER_2_SELECTED=
ELEC_BUS_TIE_L_SWITCH=5628b2
ELEC_BUS_TIE_R_SWITCH=5628b3
ELEC_ENG_GEN_L_SWITCH=5620
ELEC_ENG_GEN_R_SWITCH=5621
ELEC_ENG_GEN_DRIVE_L_SWITCH=
ELEC_ENG_GEN_DRIVE_R_SWITCH=
ELEC_BACKUP_GEN_L_SWITCH=
ELEC_BACKUP_GEN_R_SWITCH=
APU_SWITCH=560F
APU_GEN_SWITCH=5600b7

From features point of view, it implements more systems: ADIRU, Braking logic, Hydraulics etc
CDU has much more menu entries however did not had a chance to test it.
And most important, fully functional MFD with checklists.

Regards

Leon

QF6228
05-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I must say, I am getting a little bit excited about this :p

arwinpoon
05-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Paul G
Mate all the info you need is on their website. As far as I can understand it works similar to PM. Check their website.

737NUT
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Is it re-sizable? OpenGL correct?

blocks_off
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello All,

(1st post so I'm shy)

Just came across this- http://wiki.varxec.net/b777

Looks like no excuse to start then :roll:

Regards

Carl

Paul G
05-19-2008, 05:47 PM
It looks amazing. Just what we need... a bit of healthy competition for PM, eh??

ClipWing.com
05-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Wow Gary,

Your software suites look fantastic and something us simmers out here have been waiting for in terms of cockpit software choices. I have a 744 in progress and will look forward to becoming a customer with you as soon as it becomes available. Could you let us know what the pro version might include vs. the standard?

I wish you much success and look forward to flying your software soon!

Best Regards,

Tom