PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Time Had By all!!

warvet
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi guys,
Thought I'd share an experience had yesterday that was fantastic and just another shining example of how truly amazing our hobby and its members really are. Yesterday I had for the first time a visitor from a fellow sim builder who frequents our forum his name is PaulG. Paul showed up yesterday at around 4pm and I had just finished one of my Tactical Martial Arts classes so I was still in uniform when I greeted him and I think he was a little taken back for about the first 3 seconds and then after a hearty handshake we hit it off like we had been friends since secondary school. He flew in my sim (A340) we talked about building, swapped stories, ideas, concepts and opinions and the time literally flew by faster than my 340 in cruise.PaulG is also a real world private Pilot from UK and is very knowlegeable about all things aviation as well as a very creative and inovative builder indeed. He's truly a die hard builder hes got the startings of a 767 in oner room and a fighter jet in the other.My lovely wife kept us constantly supplied with fresh coffee and goodies as we just sat for hours flying and talking. For those interested in my A340 panels they are now gone..Paul saw them and said I'll takem!!! Wheres the nearest ATM?. LOL I ended up giving him a bunch of other stuff to him as well to help him along, me thinks another Boeing builder has been converted to the Darkside,another A340 is born :)Phil ;) may have a taker for that spare set your making LOL Anyway PaulG and I finally after hours of flpping through aviation photos on the web of other pits and drooling over amazing setups wishing they were ours :) LOL we said our good byes at about 230am LOL and my wife just looked at us smiled shook her head and went to bed. ooops she had to be up for work at 6am and so did Paul :) Thats what I love about self employment :) Overall it was one of the most awesome times I ever had and I believe paulG felt the same. i think he enjoyed my sim and has invited me to come and see his setup next. So that looks like it'll be the next chapter. anyway just thought I'd share this with you guys just to show a great example of how truly amazing our hobby really is in bringing ppl together and finding the best in them. To PaulG thank you for the awesome visit to my sim and your friendship and I look forward to many more years.:):)

kind regards
Tim
A340

AndyT
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Glad you guys had fun. Its nice to have another builder living close enough to visit.

Tomlin
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds like tons of fun- I am very excited to be working members with a fellow LJ45 builder (as team members of Innovative FSP) that lives just 1.5 hours away! Finally...someone that has the same level of interest in flight simulation!

Glad you guys were able to meet up and have such a great time Tim!

steveeverson
05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Same here in britain, it's so great to have people nearby to exchange ideas with and visit - and ultimatley make you feel like your not alone in your sim madness...!

particular thanks from me goes to my sim mentor John Davis - cheers mate!

steve:)

warvet
05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys,
Yup it was a blast!

Tim
A340

Padraig
05-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Gald to hear all about your success stories, Im living in ireland, just got a house that is seriously old, so putting alot of money into at the moment, so my hobby budget it slow, piece by piece, but I would also love to meet people in Ireland that are close and we could meet up (well ireland is small so I suppose I could take the train or Aer Arann.

Professionals only with the same hobby, I have had the chance to meet up with people that are just Vatsim website people ( Virtual Airlines) but I find this does not meet my requirements, Im looking for people that are serious about this hobby to learn and exchange information and maybe find people that do a bit of coding for future projects. Im also doing my PPL at the moment slowly in the PTC waterford and Kilkenny to keep the costs down.

If any of you guys are out there, give us a shout.

Paul G
05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I came on here to thank Tim for sharing his amazing sim and it's a true sign of his dedication that he has such enthusiasm, especially as I'm going to be playing "catch-up" for a few years yet.

Being able to connect with people all over the world is a wonderful thing with our hobby. But it's quite a different matter when you get to meet someone in person, who's equally enthusiastic by a hobby that most people are a bit phased by. I now have some catching up to do.

Thanks Tim and M for a great evening.

Cheers

Paul

warvet
05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Paul Martha says you and I we need to take a night and take the wives out for a nice dinner as compensation for time lost due to simming :) actually she just wants to meet your wife LOL. Thanks again Paul it was awesome time and many more to come Im sure. We were thinking of this fantastic restaurant in Vancouver that is absolutely amazing, check your schedule and let me know. Talk soon mate

Tim
A340