PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

warvet
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
First off let me say thank you to all my friends that helped get me released from my sentence in virtual prison LOL :) Actually i'll start off by saying that Trev and I had a very pleasant chat on the phone and clarified alot of things that led to the creation of this nice new shiny pilots Lounge compliments of Cockpit.Org. This will be a great place to tell jokes, talk about lifes day to day stuff, anyway I think this is a fantastic way to really fully enjoy our new and old friendships we have discovered inn the course of our pursuit of this hobby. I look forward to watching the posts flow or in the Aussies case the beer :)

IM FREE! IM FREE!! THE BANS BEEN LIFTED LOL :)

Tim
A340

Joe Cygan
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
First off let me say thank you to all my friends that helped get me released from my sentence in virtual prison LOL :) Actually i'll start off by saying that Trev and I had a very pleasant chat on the phone and clarified alot of things that led to the creation of this nice new shiny pilots Lounge compliments of Cockpit.Org. This will be a great place to tell jokes, talk about lifes day to day stuff, anyway I think this is a fantastic way to really fully enjoy our new and old friendships we have discovered inn the course of our pursuit of this hobby. I look forward to watching the posts flow or in the Aussies case the beer :)

Tim
A340

Oh good Tim I’m so glad you will be around as you have a world of knowledge to offer to all of us.

I would like to let my hair down Tim but seeing how I don’t have any I’ll have to ask my wife to do it for me.

Don’t make me pull out my bunny pictures;)

flightdeck
04-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Welcome back, reverent :mrgreen:,
good to see you around here again!

mauriceb
04-24-2008, 07:04 AM

Tim
A340

Darn it. Trev did not listen to me after all. On the positive side, I now have one more place to abuse you and your poor choice of flight deck. I mean, who flies an A340 these days :roll: And I use the term 'flies' very loosely. This is more like lounging in an easy chair while watching clouds go by for ever & ever. :mrgreen:

Maurice

Matt Olieman
04-24-2008, 08:21 AM
But Maurice.... You pick on Tims A340, you'll be picking on mine too.... so watch it fellow :) :)

Besides.... You can fly A340 manually.... That's the way I fly mine most of the time :):):) Although, sometimes it just plain fun pushing buttons :)

Hey Tim, we can start an A340 club....... heh, heh, heh, heh....... Not too many of us around, certainly would be an "ELITE" one, LOL.

mauriceb
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
But Maurice.... You pick on Tims A340, you'll be picking on mine too.... so watch it fellow :) :)

Well, I just can't help it if you made the 'wrong' choice too. :D . I know you have the power to 'muzzle' me, but the truth shall set me free again :D

And besides, it is high time that you spread your wings so to speak and explore new horizons. How can you be heading this organization without an intimate knowledge of other platforms? I'm sure your wife would understand & approve the extra costs in the interest of this organization. ;).

Then I could show my wife how crazy you are for having 2 sims and she would be thrilled I am only building one (and so would the other wives around here). Win-Win situation as far as I am concerned. :mrgreen:

Maurice

Matt Olieman
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
A second sim..... WOW, what an idea :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Let's see, I've got an A340.... I can tell my wife, Maurice recommended that I build a second, to intimately gain knowledge of other platforms. YES!!! an A320 :D:D:D Totally different, it's smaller and has two engines. I'm SOLD!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

mauriceb
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Matt.

I'm afraid you & Tim are lost causes :( . No path to salvation for either of you I'm afraid. :roll: But do keep the idea of building another sim, even if it is the wrong one. This could still be useful to me & others. :grin:

Maurice

andarlite
04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey Tim

Great to see you back. How about posting some pictures of your setup now ..... espescially how you are doing the visuals. I'm curious as to how you are using 4 projectors.

Regards,
Henry

Tim
A340

Trevor Hale
04-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Darn it. Trev did not listen to me after all.
Maurice

LMAO Sorry Mau, I just couldn't help the fact that I feel bad for him in his lonely A340. Apparently he has nothing to do but eat, and watch the computer fly the plane :)

Trevor Hale
04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Matt.

I'm afraid you & Tim are lost causes :( . No path to salvation for either of you I'm afraid. :roll: But do keep the idea of building another sim, even if it is the wrong one. This could still be useful to me & others. :grin:

Maurice

I am afraid I need to second this... I can tell the wife, at least I don't have 3 LOL

PaulEMB
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice to see y'all back.

warvet
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
You guys are all way out of control :) First off its good to be back TY :) second off 1 sim is way more than enough! Thirdly A340 still has overall the best safety record in the world bar none! :) Fourth Maurice is just jealous Matt that he cant travel a far as us and he doest have a cool Joystick to play with and yes an Elite 340 Club would be good :)and fifth..um yes Maurice has his head inserted in his oops ummmm ermmm ehmmm (Looks at Trev) Jet Engine Fan ;)
Photos ummmmmm when get my visual setup the way im happy with I'll do the photo thing till them ummmm NO! ask Matt it took me 5 years just o show the photos I have available now lol :)
Tim
A340
Canada

Trevor Hale
04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
and fifth..um yes Maurice has his head inserted in his oops ummmm ermmm ehmmm (Looks at Trev) Jet Engine Fan ;)

:)
Tim
A340
Canada

ROFL.. OMG Too funny! Better then his head down in his... err.. umm... undercarriage :)

Tracy Hale
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I am afraid I need to second this... I can tell the wife, at least I don't have 3 LOL

:shock: :shock: :lol:

andarlite
04-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Maurice

Now look what you've done..... you'll been making fun off his Airbus so much for so long now he's ashamed of it and has to keep it in hiding. :D:p

Regards
Henry

Photos ummmmmm when get my visual setup the way im happy with I'll do the photo thing till them ummmm NO! ask Matt it took me 5 years just o show the photos I have available now lol :)
Tim
A340
Canada

mauriceb
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
ROFL.. OMG Too funny! Better then his head down in his... err.. umm... undercarriage :)

No need to look down at all...my undercarriage always extends when needed, although I must admit, it has been a bit sluggish lately. But with the latest undercarriage boosters available today, it always rises, I mean extends whenever needed, sometimes several times a day.

On the other hand, Tim should really worry about his undercarriage. It is so seldom used in his long transatlantic flights that it is bound to atrophy, much like unused muscles do. That's why Tim likes to play with his joystick.

Now everyone, especially Tim, get your minds out of the gutter. This is a clean, family type forum and lewd thoughts have no place here. :twisted:

Maurice

Trevor Hale
04-24-2008, 08:18 PM
LOL, I don't know Mau, a 340 has large undercarriage and lots of tires to keep it serviced. I guess the older it gets the slower it moves :)

Darn good fun is all :)

mauriceb
04-24-2008, 08:54 PM
LOL, I don't know Mau, a 340 has large undercarriage and lots of tires to keep it serviced. :)

But no matter how large, if you don't use it often, it just becomes a useless appendage that becomes leaky and ... OK, enough with this nonsense now. I got to make sure the door is locked tonight.. you never know when Tim is going to forget that he should only use his martial arts training when his life is in danger. :? Let's see, the flight from Vancouver to here is about 5 hours; if I start running now, I should be OK I think.:D

Maurice

Trevor Hale
04-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Good Idea :) and after he lands in TO he is an additional 5 hour drive to me.. :)

I will be at work before he gets here :)

warvet
04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Maurice,
I think I was taught to use my training to put your life in danger hmmmmmmm at least thats how I thought it was supposed to go :) :) Im sorry to hear your undercarriage is abit sluggish and doesnt quite lock all the time, but I can assure you over hear its all green across the board :) se the problem with getting old like you Maurice my friend is your flaps keep dropping before you even takeoff and stay that way LOL :)Srry guys I'd love to keep typing but Im gonna miss my flight ;) lol

Tim
A340

Westozy
04-25-2008, 12:45 AM
A340, that's a French effort isn't it? LOL

Joe Cygan
04-25-2008, 12:49 AM
A340, that' a French effort isn't it? LOL

It took me a few Gwyn but I finally got it.

LMAO!

Matt Olieman
04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
A340, that' a French effort isn't it? LOL

Wrong Gwyn, That's French for "The Best Ever" LOL

warvet
04-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Ok lets solve this with facts:
Fact: french Made French fries
Fact: Think Worlds Best fine food you think "French"
Fact: Best pastries French
Fact: Best Chefs French
Fact: Breakfast you think French Toast
Fact: Best Perfume you think French
Fact: Worlds Best wines/Champaigne French
Fact: Worlds best Big boys toys French tickler :))
Fact: Worlds Best Aircraft safety Record in History Airbus French
fact: WORLDS BEST AIRPLANE AIRBUS! : FRENCH see it just goes with history ya cant beat facts guys lol
Fact: Who beat Boeing for one of the largest aircraft contracts in histor..yes you guesssed it AIRBUS!French :)

I rest my case ^ 5 Matt :)

Tim
A340
Canada

mauriceb
04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
the problem with getting old like you Maurice my friend is your flaps keep dropping before you even takeoff and stay that way LOL :)

Tim
A340

Wish it was only my flaps that keep dropping. I think parts of my brain are getting scattered all over the place these days and I won't even mention kidney stones :roll: . What were we talking about here? :?

But I do have a suggestion for you Tim. In another post you asked about treadmill motors and bicycle chains to get some motion somewhere. With a good set of wheels on your bus, you could indeed play bus driver in your neighbourhood. That just has got to be more interesting than 'flying' to Timbuktu at FL350 (35" above ground) for 12 hours. Just a friendly suggestion :lol:

Maurice

warvet
04-25-2008, 07:33 AM
LOL now thats funny Maurice. :)

Tim
A340

mauriceb
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Fact: Worlds best Big boys toys French tickler :))
:)

Tim
A340
Canada

How could you forget French kiss???? :roll:

Trevor Hale
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Fact: french Made French fries
Fact: Think Worlds Best fine food you think "French"
Fact: Best pastries French
Fact: Best Chefs French
Fact: Breakfast you think French Toast
Fact: Best Perfume you think French
Fact: Worlds Best wines/Champaigne French

I rest my case ^ 5 Matt :)

Tim
A340
Canada

ROFL Tim, All that I can see that is being proved here, is that that the A340 was designed so the pilot doesn't have to do anything but enjoy the French Cuisine... LOL so I will give them that one.. :)

My question is though, as you are such an avid French Fanatic. If I am in France and I want to eat "French Toast" do I just ask for Toast? Or if I want "French Fries" Do I just ask for Fries?

Er... Ummm.. Ohhh. I just realized.... This isn't good, Aren't I building a French Airplane....? Ok, I take it all back Tim. Maurice... All that Tim said, and a lot more..

LMAO.

flightdeck
04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
If you ask in France for "French Fries" you will be ignored!
You have to ask for "Pommes Frités" - French people don't like to speak another language than French ... :cool:

mauriceb
04-25-2008, 08:21 AM
ROFL Tim, All that I can see that is being proved here, is that that the A340 was designed so the pilot doesn't have to do anything but enjoy the French Cuisine... LOL so I will give them that one.. :)

LMAO.

Wait a second here Trev. I think you hit the nail right on the head there. How could I have not seen that before????? :roll: How could you possibly dine on a fine meal with fine champagne and fine waitresses (I mean attendants) if your yoke gets in the way. Much easier to put your joystick aside and concentrate on the task at hand so to speak. I too take back everything I said...the French know how to live. Why bother flying a plane when so many other better possibilities exist?

Maurice

warvet
04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Lol @ Maurice and Trev :)

Im going too bed lol You guys are too funny :)

Tim
A340

ivar hestnes
04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Tim and Maurice.

When will we see a winner of your a-bus vs boing battle:lol:

Hope no one of you run out of arguments. You are entertainers for sim-builders:D

warvet
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Tim and Maurice.When will we see a winner of your a-bus vs boing battle:lol:

Thats a good reference to Maurices Boeing you made Ivar BOING The sound it makes when it hit the ground Boing Boing Boing lol, i think Boeing is the only Company in the history of aviation that had an engine fall off their aircraft more than 27 times in less than 80 years lol :) hmmmmm maybe they should have hired Airbus Mechanics lol...
... I could just imaging the coversations in the Boeing sounding something like this:

In the cabin ENGINE SOUND: BANG, BOING! RIP, WRRRRRSHHHHHHGHHK BANG! Lil Maurice: Mommy what was that sound? Mother: its ok Maurice its only the engine falling off remember honey
daddy thought he'd save some money by getting us a ticket on the Boeing plane instead of the Airbus, but its ok we still have another Engine to get us there ..2nd ENGINE: BANG RATTLE SHWERRRRRRR :)

In Cockpit: F/O: Captain we just lost #1 Engine Captain: Roger go ahead and shut it down completely! F/O: Sir I can't Captain: why not? F/O: it fell off sir somewhere between toronto and Buffalo :) Captain: what!!!!!! Didn't we just do maintenance on this thing with Boeings top Mechanic staff using Boeings best parts? F/O: yes sir I believe thats what caused it :)

Canadian Farmer somewhere near Toronto Ontario in his field staring at a Large jet Engine that just fell out of the sky! " what was that eh? Farmer's son" Looked like an aircraft Engine fell in our field dad Farmer: Damn Boeings again!

LOL

Tim
A340
Canada

warvet
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Thats a good reference to Maurices Boeing you made Ivar BOING <<The sound it makes when it hit the ground Boing Boing Boing lol, i think Boeing is the only Company in the history of aviation that had an engine fall off their aircraft more than 27 times in less than 100 years lol :) hmmmmm maybe they should have hired Airbus Mechanics lol...

Westozy
04-25-2008, 10:40 PM
My beautiful Boeing 737 -

allows me to fly it hands on whenever I want
allows fully recoverable stalls
performs graceful barrel rolls and the occasional loop!
has real dual linked flying controls (yokes)
remains the worlds most popular and mass produced airliner
remains the #1 choice of sim builders here
doesn't have a lap table to eat snails and frog's bits
never calls me a retard on final approach
And what do I do most weekends? I build Airbus sim parts for those who choose to fly second class!!! LOL. I've heard a rumour they are going to build a bigger Airbus - more TQ design work to do!:roll:

It's just like the GM Holden 'v' Fordinary thing. The 5.7L Chevrolet power plant of my VZ SS is another fine piece of U.S. aluminium that goes like a CFM56 - go the RED team! ;-)

Gwyn

mauriceb
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Thank you for the good laugh Tim, but boy oh boy, you sure have lots of time on your hands to think during these long, lonely, idle hours sipping champagne & eating stinking blue cheese while waiting for the ultimate & only thrill, flicking the seat-belt switch on before the automated landing.

I guess it beats berating yourself for your poor choice over & over. Do you even remember when you were a little boy and dreamt about soaring like an eagle in a silver colored beautiful bird?

In that little boy's wildest dreams, did it ever occur to him that all he would be doing when he grew up would be to turn the seat-belt switch on & off? I think not. My heart is so heavy for you Tim. I feel your inner pain and I'm ready to help you achieve your childhood dreams if you take the first step & read a Boeing manual & finally learn to really fly :mrgreen: :D

Maurice

warvet
04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
LOL Maurice,
FLY? Really you Boeing guys fly? hmmmmmm after looking at the overall world aviation record I thought you guys learn to crash not fly LoL statistics dont lie.If your version of flying is losing an engine, smashing into mountains, losing pieces of your aircraft at 30,000 ft etc etc then yup id rather push the seat belt sign causeit means once again we are actually going to land at our intended destination ;p; LOL

Tim
A340
Canada

ivar hestnes
04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
My beautiful Boeing 737 -

allows me to fly it hands on whenever I want
allows fully recoverable stalls
performs graceful barrel rolls and the occasional loop!
has real dual linked flying controls (yokes)
remains the worlds most popular and mass produced airliner
remains the #1 choice of sim builders here
doesn't have a lap table to eat snails and frog's bits
never calls me a retard on final approach

Gwyn

haha, thats a good one for Boeing. It doesnt call you a retard:lol:

If my truck at work called me a retard, I would wreck it:grin:

Boeing is the sound the plane makes when wheels touch down, or boing if you prefere, hehe. I think if I would make another sim after the one in progress, it could be cool to build an a-bus (abuse). Like the smooth interior.

But building the boing sim is a very good challenge. And it have yokes and not a stick to fly with:lol:

Happy weekend guys. Going to work now:( Short weekend for me:wink:

PascalHaldenstein
04-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Hehe too funny to read this stuff here.:D
I don't need my TV anymore ... just take a look at the myCockpit forums and have your fun while maurice( Team Boeing) and tim (Team Airbus) are fighting which company produces the better aircraft;).
But.... as I am a Boeing guy I really have to support Maurice:o:)LOL
too funny guys, keep it going.:p

Pascal

Matt Olieman
04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Pascal, I don't understand what's funny about this.... We all know "Airbus" IS it.... I don't understand the humor in this.... Boeing guys are just plain jealous!!!!

I think we need to set up a Boeing Counseling Forum, so they can deal with the Airbus deficit. LOL OOPS!!!! did I just laugh???? :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt O.

warvet
04-26-2008, 08:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA Matt :) :) :)

Dr: Yes, Captain I understand your concern but lets start with understanding the problem, the root of your issues tends to be your yoke it tends to be a phalic symbol that stems from when you were young and the need to hold onto something creating a secure feeling, but remember that if that yoke is attached to a Boeing we all know then thats there is nothing secure about it :) so now you can let go of that false security and free yourself from these feelings of inadequacy. lol

Tim
A340

Matt Olieman
04-26-2008, 08:56 AM
LMAO Tim :) :) :)

mauriceb
04-26-2008, 09:13 AM
causeit means once again we are actually going to land at our intended destination ;p; LOL
Tim
A340
Canada

Tim oh my poor Tim (made even poorer by Airbus sim), didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not the destination that matters, it's the journey to get there?

Your eventual destination is death, just like everyone else. To get there, you have many choices, one of them being....get transported by a very smart machine with no human intervention (ok, I give you that, you do have the seat-belt switch to worry about)...

OR you can choose to mount a fiery stallion and wrestle with it to the end. He may not take you there in total comfort, but you will feel alive in the process.

Of course, if you misinterpreted what I meant by 'mount a fiery stallion', (mind in the gutter again), you can always light a cigarette afterwards and go to sleep peacefully. Either way, that has got to be a better way to end your existence on earth. And just think of all the stories you will be able to tell past the pearly gates or the furnace room. :twisted::twisted: :lol::lol:

Maurice

mauriceb
04-26-2008, 09:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA Matt :) :) :)

Dr: Yes, Captain I understand your concern but lets start with understanding the problem, the root of your issues tends to be your yoke it tends to be a phalic symbol that stems from when you were young and the need to hold onto something creating a secure feeling, but remember that if that yoke is attached to a Boeing we all know then thats there is nothing secure about it :) so now you can let go of that false security and free yourself from these feelings of inadequacy. lol

Tim
A340

Very, very funny Tim :D:D, but we all know what really went on in there:

Doctor, all my friends have big yokes and make fun of my small joystick all the time. It's getting to the point I don't want to go into the locker room any more, I meant 'cock-pit' (did I just say that? sorry, I meant flight deck).

So to avoid that, I keep breaking up my deck and pretending I am 'improving' it by buying more & more stuff from people on the Internet. They all promise me I can make my joystick bigger, but it's not working. What should I do doctor? I'm running out of suppliers and it is still tiny in comparison to those big yokes?

Excuse me for a minute.. I think the RCMP or Human Rights commission or CRTC is knocking at my door. Nice knowing you guys.

Maurice

warvet
04-26-2008, 09:32 AM
LOL Maurice:
All I have to say is I have absolute proof of the actual jealousy that Boeing guys have over our poor innocent Airbuses * Warning content is extremely graphic and may not be acceptable for all Airbus Drivers * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-vckU3lmk&feature=related

Typical inexcusable Boeing Behavior! Their not happy with their airplanes falling apart for no reason, they have to make the rest of ours fall apart too even if that have to use unprovoked brute force:).. too much testosterone in their yokes I think LOL

Tim
A340

Michael Carter
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Citroens should stay out of the way of Kenworth 18 wheelers. It's a no-win situation.

mauriceb
04-26-2008, 10:00 AM
LOL Maurice:
All I have to say is I have absolute proof of the actual jealousy that Boeing guys have over our poor innocent Airbuses * Warning content is extremely graphic and may not be acceptable for all Airbus Drivers * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-vckU3lmk&feature=related

Typical inexcusable Boeing Behavior! Their not happy with their airplanes falling apart for no reason, they have to make the rest of ours fall apart too even if that have to use unprovoked brute force:).. too much testosterone in their yokes I think LOL

Tim
A340

ROFL. :D:D:D:D OK Tim you win (this time). You are quite right. There is no room for this type of behaviour among civilized simmers. Let's all be happy with our shortcomings (oops, sorry again) and let's live & let live. And oh yes, it wasn't the RCMP at my door, just some IFSBI staffer (President I think)., Thank goodness for peep-holes :mrgreen:

Maurice

Matt Olieman
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
ROFL.And oh yes, it wasn't the RCMP at my door, just some IFSBI staffer (President I think)., Thank goodness for peep-holes :mrgreen:
Maurice

No worry Maurice, I'll block her (The Pres) from seeing that ::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Matt O.

mauriceb
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
No worry Maurice, I'll block her (The Pres) from seeing that ::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Matt O.

:D I'm sure 'the Pres' will appreciate you knowing who the boss really is in your household, and for that matter, in all households, no matter who thinks otherwise (Tim still thinks he is the boss hehe :roll::D)

Maurice

AndyT
04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
All you tubers are a bit daft. GA is the only way to fly.

Matt Olieman
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Now we're all in trouble, Le GA AndyT has arrived..... :)

mauriceb
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Now we're all in trouble, Le GA AndyT has arrived..... :)

There is only one way to handle this 'feud', out on the street. Oh wait a minute, strike that. For a moment there I forgot about Tim. Let's see, if I switched to Airbus, he would be on my side then. Hmmm! :???:

Maurice

AndyT
04-26-2008, 03:48 PM
You can park a GA plane in the backyard and the police won't get upset.
You can takeoff and land in less than 1000 feet.
You don't have to put up with complaining pax. Just tell them to get out and walk...
Your baggage is'nt searched by 47 people at the airport.
If you don't like where your going, go somewhere else.
Schedule? I get there when I land.
There is always parking for GA.
ALL my GA hours count...
My flight review is more than, 'Where is the seatbelt switch?'
I've got glass too.
I don't lose parts while flying.
GA is faster off the ramp.
I can afford a GA plane.

And the very bestest food in the world is not 'french' its Mom's.

NicD
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
These pics show typical Airbus aircraft performance and piloting skill. Only that this one was just sitting still on the ground ... this 'plane' had never actually been in the air yet. :roll:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1293784/L/

And no Boeings anywhere in sight to blame. We rest our case :D.