PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR problems!!!!

JimmyGerrard
04-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi guys,

As if you couldn't have guessed already, I'm now having trouble setting up my TrackIR! I've installed the software and changed the configuration from the vector to the TrackIR Pro Clip that I bought, but it's massively erratic in the game and seems to jump about all over the place.

When I look up it takes my view down, and when I look left it shows me right, which is rather annoying I must say. Then it won't let me look far enough down to see any instruments, and with more than a slight head adjustment it takes me right up into the corner of the cockpit when I'm simply trying to look out of the window. I can't seem to be able to get a good view of my panel, and can't find any sensitivty/accuracy help anywhere.

Any ideas (again) chaps?!

warvet
04-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Hey Jimmy,
Ok lets see if I can help you out Mate, send me an email to tim.henry@shaw.ca Ill resend you the profile file I made for trackir and you just put it into your profile folder hopefully job done.

Regards Tim

JimmyGerrard
04-20-2008, 07:01 AM
e-mail sent :)

spitfire9
04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
It also sounds like you are having a couple of problems.

It sounds like the unit is losing sight of one or more of the tracking dots (tracking view) when you turn your head too much and maybe your axis's in the edit page are inverted. There is a check mark there to invert the axis motion, which would cause that reversed look (turn your head left and the view goes right ).

Shawn
04-20-2008, 01:30 PM
If you have a light source behind you, like a window this will cause Trackir to work erratically. I have a window directly behind my desk and I have to wait for the sun to go down to fly ;) the wife wont' let me change it:rolleyes:...

AndyT
04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Black spraypaint or a curtain will fix that. Of course the wife may not think so.
I just bought a new can of black too.... *rummaging around looking for it...* Yes! Here ya go! :)

spitfire9
04-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I have the same problem ,,on a sunny day spots of light come through the window blind and screw up the Trackir.
Maybe some of those blast curtains they used to have on the B-52s cockpit windows would do the trick. :)

P.S. Don't forget to click on the light filtering box if you have a light source behind you. It seems to help quite a bit.