PDA

View Full Version : CP Flight MCP problem

Westozy
04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I am using the CP Flight MCP with PMDG which works perfectly 99% of the time until just recently where something has changed. Occasionally when I am turning the HDG or CRS rotary encoders the altitude setting jumps to 50,000' (Maximum setting). It then has to be manually wound back to the required setting which takes a while and is becoming annoying.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Gwyn

esa1203
04-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I have the same problem once in a while. Just happens so fast that I was never able to remember what might have triggered it. Basically just had to rewind all the way down. But since it happens only once in while I learned to live with it, as with other little annoiances with this hardware.

Like for instance:
Not being able to programm a function or key combi to the co-pilot FD switch or the CWS A and B buttons.
After finishing a flight and shutting down the cockpit to cold and dark, there's no option but to power off the MCP (take the adapter out) before starting up again for a second leg. I am thinking of mounting a switch in the power cord, so I don't have to crawl behind the back of my cockpit.

Sorry I can't come up with a solution, but it helps to know your not the only one. Hope someone else comes up with something better

Jeroen

ian@737ng.co.uk
04-16-2008, 05:51 AM
hello gwyn....
my colleague alan watson and i both had the same problem, except ours was a toss between 50,000' or 39400' and 3' in the VS window.
i know paolo at cpflight, so he and i were in 'intense communication' about this and some other issues i had with the MIP board.
the most current version of FS_COM which i installed has cured everything. i haven't seen the dreaded 50000' nor 39400 since and that's about 3 months now.
so maybe worth downloading the latest version of FS_COM and giving that a wizz :o)
greetings from wales ... ian

Westozy
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
hello gwyn....
my colleague alan watson and i both had the same problem, except ours was a toss between 50,000' or 39400' and 3' in the VS window.
i know paolo at cpflight, so he and i were in 'intense communication' about this and some other issues i had with the MIP board.
the most current version of FS_COM which i installed has cured everything. i haven't seen the dreaded 50000' nor 39400 since and that's about 3 months now.
so maybe worth downloading the latest version of FS_COM and giving that a wizz :o)
greetings from wales ... ian

Thanks Ian, I'll download the new FS_Com immediately. I'm glad it's a software issue and not a fault with the unit.

Cheers mate,

Gwyn (Ex Abertillery & Halifax)

ian@737ng.co.uk
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks Ian, I'll download the new FS_Com immediately. I'm glade it's a software issue and not a fault with the unit.

Cheers mate,

Gwyn (Ex Abertillery & Halifax)

no it's not your unit matey.....it's a software 'glitch'. paolo was excellent in his response to the issues and 'modified' FS_COM's kept appearing in my mail until we had overcome all the hurdles. this is the version on the website now. CPFlight is a very customer focussed company and two really nice guys into the bargain (paolo's the one on the right, who had a hard night :o) )

hope it works out for you .... cheers ... ian

Westozy
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
no it's not your unit matey.....it's a software 'glitch'. paolo was excellent in his response to the issues and 'modified' FS_COM's kept appearing in my mail until we had overcome all the hurdles. this is the version on the website now. CPFlight is a very customer focussed company and two really nice guys into the bargain (paolo's the one on the right, who had a hard night :o) )

hope it works out for you .... cheers ... ian

They were brilliant dealing with my own purchase and helped me get the MCP working in no time. Good to see the faces behind the names!

Cheers, Gwyn

Westozy
04-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi Guys,

I installed the new version of FS.Com and flew for about 2 hours constantly operating the MCP which performed flawlessly. Thanks again for the help, it looks like it did the trick. Cheers to CP Flight too!

Gwyn