PDA

View Full Version : mycockpit convention?

Joe Cygan
04-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Ok guys, mycockpit is probably the most awesome place for all of us flight simulator maniacs to get together online. So, my question is to the mycockpit staff is when can we all possibly expect a mycockpit sponsored conference or flight simulator convention in the future, of course not to put any pressure on you folks? I would definitely be very generous with my support.

Joe

AndyT
04-08-2008, 04:26 AM
As long as its in Hawaii, I'll be there and even do the tour guide thing...:D

Westozy
04-08-2008, 06:48 AM
That would be good, I'd love to pop over but I'd have to sell the sim to fund it!
Joe, can you send me an email so I can reply with pics - cheers!

Gwyn

737NUT
04-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a good idea!! At a minimum, i suggest us folks in the USA to visit/help fellow simaholics in person. I have been visited by Alan Dyer, Matt O., Bob R., and found it to be very enjoyable and rewarding times together. Had fun flying, building, and coding! :) I call them mini-simfest.

Tracy Hale
04-08-2008, 09:52 AM
That would be good, I'd love to pop over but I'd have to sell the sim to fund it!
Gwyn

I'm sure Di would have no problems with that :p :lol:

Matt Olieman
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
MyCockpit, Inc. is considering a Conference. Possibly as early as the begining of 2009.

It will be different then any of the other Conventions. The primary goal is, for it to be a Builder Interactive Conference. A conference to learn from, to share building ideas, techniques and to show and tell each others projects.

That's about it for now....

First thing first, the site has to pay for itself, please encourage your vendors to support MyCockpit.org by advertising here :)

Matt Olieman

Joe Cygan
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
MyCockpit, Inc. is considering a Conference. Possibly as early as the begining of 2009.

It will be different then any of the other Conventions. The primary goal is, for it to be a Builder Interactive Conference. A conference to learn from, to share building ideas, techniques and to show and tell each others projects.

That's about it for now....

First thing first, the site has to pay for itself, please encourage your vendors to support MyCockpit.org by advertising here :)

Matt Olieman

Sounds great Matt!

You may also wan to talk with that guy who owns that F-4 display that was at the last IFC here in the states. When I sold my 737 cockpit to him he mentioned to me he is also in a planing stage of putting together some type of convention himself. Would be worth getting hold of him because maybe you both could plan something together.

We definitely need this avenue for the builders and vendors in the states.

Westozy's missus
04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm sure Di would have no problems with that :p :lol:

Of course I have no problem with it, just think I'd have a whole new room in the house if the sim goes!! :p I remember us discussing something like this last year however at that time we were talking about a FAMILY trip incorporating some kind of minor sim thing.......and I'm cool with Hawaii as a venue coz it's easier to get to from Australia:cool:

Tracy Hale
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Of course I have no problem with it, just think I'd have a whole new room in the house if the sim goes!! :p I remember us discussing something like this last year however at that time we were talking about a FAMILY trip incorporating some kind of minor sim thing.......and I'm cool with Hawaii as a venue coz it's easier to get to from Australia:cool:

MINOR sim thing?? :lol:

Westozy's missus
04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
MINOR sim thing?? :lol:

Sorry:shock: should I upgrade that to maybe "sim? what's a sim? no never heard of it...maybe try the hotel down the street, I saw some strange guys going in there, I'm just here to have a lovely holiday with my family":???:

AndyT
04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Hmmm.... I need to hurry up and get a house so I can have my sim built before everyone gets here....
:shock:

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Hmmm.... I need to hurry up and get a house so I can have my sim built before everyone gets here....
:shock:

you can all come to Canada and I'll go to Australia to visit Di :mrgreen:

hmmm...I'm taking donations now for my flight :lol:

Westozy's missus
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
[quote=Tracy Hale;54807]you can all come to Canada and I'll go to Australia to visit Di :mrgreen:

now THAT's what I call a plan............:D

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
[quote=Tracy Hale;54807]you can all come to Canada and I'll go to Australia to visit Di :mrgreen:

now THAT's what I call a plan............:D

for some reason I thought you would like that plan Di! $58 shoes, here we come!! :cool:

Westozy's missus
04-09-2008, 06:43 PM
[quote=Westozy's missus;54843]

for some reason I thought you would like that plan Di! $58 shoes, here we come!! :cool:

See boys? Tracy can SAVE money by coming to Australia!!!:lol:

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
[quote=Tracy Hale;54844]

See boys? Tracy can SAVE money by coming to Australia!!!:lol:

Not quite sure why Trev started laughing when I read this to him :shock:

AndyT
04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I flip out when women claim to have saved money when they come back from a zillion dollar shopping spree.

'Look dear at all the bargins I found!'
"Were they lost?"
'You know, I saved you money by only shopping the sales'
"Saved?"
'Yes, I really wanted this other one but I SAVED you 50% by sticking to the sales'
"So you only SPENT $600 instead of $1200?"
'Of course, see how much I saved you?'

This is where the man feels faint and wonders if this is hereditary...

Garys
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Dont worry Andy, I just pulled the same trick with the new golf clubs I just bought. As the old saying goes, if you cant beat them join them :-)

Gary

Trevor Hale
04-09-2008, 09:10 PM
LOL Gary,

Welcome to MyCockpit.org. you will quickly learn that if you hang around here for a bit, you won't ever golf again. LOL

Trev

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Dont worry Andy, I just pulled the same trick with the new golf clubs I just bought. As the old saying goes, if you cant beat them join them :-)

Gary

I'll have you *cough* wonderful men know that my hubby spends WAY more than I do :p

Joe Cygan
04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
...and what were we talking about?

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
...and what were we talking about?

ummmm me going to Australia to visit Di while everyone comes and flies here :lol:

Trevor Hale
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Although If I don't get the sim back together, people will be flying on my carpet instead..

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Although If I don't get the sim back together, people will be flying on my carpet instead..

I will call you Abu :mrgreen:

Joe Cygan
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
ummmm me going to Australia to visit Di while everyone comes and flies here :lol:
Ok thanks, I lost track there for a minute.

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok thanks, I lost track there for a minute.

well then I mentioned something about spending money and that got a couple hubby's complaining about how wives "save" them money :roll:

Westozy
04-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I'll have you *cough* wonderful men know that my hubby spends WAY more than I do :p

Now let me work this out.

Gwyn's sim hobby - Total expenditure over 4 years = AUD$8,400 that's AUD$40.38 per week. Estimated value now of the sim is now approximately AUD$20,000 and I won't mention the Airbus TQ sales that have recovered every cent of the primary investment!

Diana's hobby (wine) 2.5 casks per week at AUD$15/cask = AUD$37.50 per week. Total expenditure over 4 years for just over 1.4 metric tonnes of white wine = AUD$7,650 (cask = 2 litre cardboard wine container) Estimated value now - I'm not sure of the scrap value of cardboard but it must be lots these days.

A balanced relationship if ever there was one. Now then what shall I buy next?

Gwyn:roll:

Trevor Hale
04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Buddy.

When will they learn to keep quiet eh? ROFL

Tracy Hale
04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Gwyn, are you trying to make a point? :roll: :lol:

I'm just saying that MY hubby spends way more than I do

AndyT
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Gwnn,
Good thing you defined 'cask' because here it's a 55 gallon drum. Thats a LOT of wine my friend...

Joe Cygan
04-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Gwnn,
Good thing you defined 'cask' because here it's a 55 gallon drum. Thats a LOT of wine my friend...
Too bad this was not four years ago Andy because my wife and the family spent 35 days in Oahu for a business trip.

Now my wife wants to go to Australia!

Go figure!

AndyT
04-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Well Joe, Timing is everything.

Joe Cygan
04-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Well Joe, Timing is everything.
Good one, I think your right!

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Now let me work this out.

Gwyn's sim hobby - Total expenditure over 4 years = AUD$8,400 that's AUD$40.38 per week. Estimated value now of the sim is now approximately AUD$20,000 and I won't mention the Airbus TQ sales that have recovered every cent of the primary investment!

Diana's hobby (wine) 2.5 casks per week at AUD$15/cask = AUD$37.50 per week. Total expenditure over 4 years for just over 1.4 metric tonnes of white wine = AUD$7,650 (cask = 2 litre cardboard wine container) Estimated value now - I'm not sure of the scrap value of cardboard but it must be lots these days.

A balanced relationship if ever there was one. Now then what shall I buy next?

Gwyn:roll:

Now you all know why NOTHING gets done around here! He's either in the sim or spending ages on extremely complex sums to JUSTIFY that thing that lurks in what used to be a beautiful music studio which I carefully painted for him....meanwhile his other very important hobby is the TV which needs to be watched A LOT coz there's cars going round in circles and footballers running around a field...in desperation what do I turn to???? You've got it - MY CASK!!! A small price to pay for sanity.

On the subject of saving money...my philosophy is if I save $20 on a pair of shoes I have bought in the sales that immediately frees up $20 to spend on something else coz I SAVED it.....now surely you boys can see the logic in that?8)

Westozy
04-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Now you all know why NOTHING gets done around here! He's either in the sim or spending ages on extremely complex sums to JUSTIFY that thing that lurks in what used to be a beautiful music studio which I carefully painted for him....meanwhile his other very important hobby is the TV which needs to be watched A LOT coz there's cars going round in circles and footballers running around a field...in desperation what do I turn to???? You've got it - MY CASK!!! A small price to pay for sanity.

On the subject of saving money...my philosophy is if I save $20 on a pair of shoes I have bought in the sales that immediately frees up $20 to spend on something else coz I SAVED it.....now surely you boys can see the logic in that?8)

What's wrong with your shoes from the 80's, mine are all still good. Maybe you should put your feet up more often like I do and stop wearing them out!

Westozy's Missus's husband;)

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Too bad this was not four years ago Andy because my wife and the family spent 35 days in Oahu for a business trip.

Now my wife wants to go to Australia!

Go figure!

Joe, I'll meet Barbi 1/2 way and we'll visit Di together :lol:

Matt Olieman
04-10-2008, 07:51 AM
I've been wondering .... Would there be any Flight-Sim building discussions at this meeting? Or are we all going out to buy $58 shoes? :)

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been wondering .... Would there be any Flight-Sim building discussions at this meeting? Or are we all going out to buy $58 shoes? :)

LOL Matt, you men will be discussing sims, flying, building, beer etc etc while Di & I are out buying shoes ;)

AndyT
04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Half way is Hawaii... ;) :D

Tomlin
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Andy...if we all had the money to fly to Hawaii, dont you think all of our sims would be way more complete!?

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM

This was my suggestion but Tracy and I feel that we would SAVE money if the wives came to Australia for the cheap shopping, that way you boys can SPEND the money we SAVE then everybody is happy. Perfectly logical old chap!;)

So chocks away Ginger lets delay no more, MC&W Conference 2009 here we come! Who's going to be the conference convener??:mrgreen:

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
This was my suggestion but Tracy and I feel that we would SAVE money if the wives came to Australia for the cheap shopping, that way you boys can SPEND the money we SAVE then everybody is happy. Perfectly logical old chap!;)

So chocks away Ginger lets delay no more, MC&W Conference 2009 here we come! Who's going to be the conference convener??:mrgreen:

Well said Di!! Couldn't have explained it better myself! :D

Why stop in Hawaii when I can just fly straight to Australia. I love to SAVE money for Trev :roll:

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Well said Di!! Couldn't have explained it better myself! :D

Why stop in Hawaii when I can just fly straight to Australia. I love to SAVE money for Trev :roll:

And there you have it boys....we not only care but we also share...I mean are you the luckiest guys in the world or what?!?!? Not many wives would be as supportive as we are!!:-D

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
And there you have it boys....we not only care but we also share...I mean are you the luckiest guys in the world or what?!?!? Not many wives would be as supportive as we are!!:-D

I think they all should be giving us a BIG thank you! :mrgreen:

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
By the way, I have a question....the person in the TripleHead2Go ad at the top of this page who's dressed up in flying gear....is that a boy or a girl?:roll:

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 07:40 PM
By the way, I have a question....the person in the TripleHead2Go ad at the top of this page who's dressed up in flying gear....is that a boy or a girl?:roll:

I have a different ad showing so will have to wait and see that one lol

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:45 PM

And the other thing....(I need to get to work but keep getting distracted!)...so the other thing is the link top right next to log out "vBExperience" - do you guys know you're encouraging my hubby to drink beer with that one coz VB is a very popular beer in Australia:D

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:46 PM

It's the Matrox ad....

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 07:49 PM
It's the Matrox ad....

I would guess female...kinda "pretty" looking

Westozy's missus
04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I would guess female...kinda "pretty" looking

See they just can't get away from the importance of women can they?;)

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
See they just can't get away from the importance of women can they?;)

:lol: How many threads do you think we can take over :cool:

Tracy Hale
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I think we could run this site! ;)

AndyT
04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
The 'female' you are discussing is Ameilia Erhart. She flew off into the sunset and was never heard from again way back in Umm... 1938 I think.

Rumor has it she was saving her friends just waaay to much money...

Westozy
04-10-2008, 10:25 PM
The 'female' you are discussing is Ameilia Erhart. She flew off into the sunset and was never heard from again way back in Umm... 1938 I think.

LOL, she probably struggled with concentrating on one thing at once!

Gwyn

Westozy's missus
04-11-2008, 04:48 AM

Maybe it was a cunning plan she came up with to get away from the man in her life that kept PRETENDING he was flying a plane when she knew how to do it FOR REAL.......;) Never under estimate a woman.......

Westozy's missus
04-11-2008, 04:50 AM
:lol: How many threads do you think we can take over :cool:

I'm sure we could make valuable contributions to a huge percentage of the threads.....however my husband says it's bad for us women to hijack threads and you know I always do what he tells me....don't I dear?