PDA

View Full Version : 46" Touchscreen ?

Fairford
04-06-2008, 07:34 PM
I've been looking at the option of using a 46" touchscreen lcd as my whole cockpit instrument visualization , as compared to getting the whole cockpit structure set-up. Though this option will only give me a 2 dimensional view , every instrument will be on one screen (main,mcp,efis,gps, etc.) , and every instrument will be operational via the touchscreen. Software like JSG Panels gives the Capt. and FO views along with all other instrument's which will be arranged all on the same screen. Plus with this type of setup, I can use different type aircraft as compared to being limited to one type with a structure console setup. Anyone ever try this route , and or opinions. The 46" touchscreen is about $3000.

Fairford
04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
OK , I realize it's much cheaper to go with 3 x 19" touchscreens and a tripleH2Go.

AndyT
04-07-2008, 12:10 AM
It is much cheaper to go that way but feel free to send me that 46 inch screen. Do you ship FedEx or UPS? :D ;)

BHawthorne
04-08-2008, 02:20 AM
I've been looking at the option of using a 46" touchscreen lcd as my whole cockpit instrument visualization , as compared to getting the whole cockpit structure set-up. Though this option will only give me a 2 dimensional view , every instrument will be on one screen (main,mcp,efis,gps, etc.) , and every instrument will be operational via the touchscreen. Software like JSG Panels gives the Capt. and FO views along with all other instrument's which will be arranged all on the same screen. Plus with this type of setup, I can use different type aircraft as compared to being limited to one type with a structure console setup. Anyone ever try this route , and or opinions. The 46" touchscreen is about $3000.

I'm assuming this is a 1920x1200 panel. Are you certain you can get everything you need to fit within that resolution and it be functional and readable? Personally, I'd get a bunch of 1920x1200 24" panels and research out where to get touchscreen kits for that size. Multiple 24" screens would mean higher overall resolution which means more can be displayed in a readable manner.

Out of curiosity, does anyone use multiple touchscreen panels, and if so, how does it handle the multiple touchscreen mechanics? Does it get confused with there being multiple touchscreen inputs from different hardware?

AndyT
04-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Multiple touch screens are handled by the Windows Hardware enumerator and driver set. Not a problem with running multiples. It's just like having multiple hard drives.