PDA

View Full Version : FCU handling

pdpo
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Roberto,

some questions ....

1) before takeoff FD is switched on. In our software this results in managed speed, heading, altitude. Correct?

2) when the speed is in managed before takeoff and I pull it goes to selected, I set a speed and then takeoff. When passing
the thrust reduction altitude the speed goes automatically back to managed ? is this normal?

3) when in open climb I set a selected speed 320 knots (indicated). During the climb the mach speed of the plane is climbing.
at what point does the airbus switches automatically to mach setting ?

Greetz Peter

dodiano
02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi pdpo,

2 of the 3 questions I can answer you know the third one I will try to answer it to you later today Cause Iīm about to go for a day flight :D so Iīll look those things up Today... Very good questions:

>1) before takeoff FD is switched on. In our software this results in managed speed, heading, altitude. Correct?

Yes FD is switch to on during Initial Cockpit preparation according to SOPīs (Standard operating procedures) Yes you will have managed speed, heading will be managed acording to the SID, and Altitude is always selected the only thing managed about altitude is CLIMB or DESCENT Modes, Altitude will always be selected on the altitude Window for the target altitude.

>2) when the speed is in managed before takeoff and I pull it goes to selected, I set a speed and then takeoff. When passing
the thrust reduction altitude the speed goes automatically back to managed ? is this normal?

No if you have selected the speed before takeoff it will mantain that speed all the way unless you tell him otherwise! What software are you using?? It shouldnīt revert back to Managed speed at thrust reduction altitude... Let me check that data for you today!!

Will answer the other one tonight.

Take care,

Roberto

dodiano
02-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok Iīm back here is the answer to the third question:

>3) when in open climb I set a selected speed 320 knots (indicated). During the climb the mach speed of the plane is climbing.
at what point does the airbus switches automatically to mach setting ?

Actually it is a calculation that depends on tropopause and other stuff but normally at FL270 there is a table how they calculate it on teh A-320 QRH (Quick Reference Handbook) But that is the SPEED to MACH that you see on the FCU the plane will mantain the selected speed converted to Mach!

Regards,

Roberto

pdpo
02-17-2006, 04:09 AM
Hi roberto, thanks for the answer

i'm using project magenta airbus software and i'm not very happy with it. They give relatively good support
but I have a large history of bugs and still an open issue list. Slowly the programmer is solving those but
I have had the software already for more then a year and for the 500+ euro we need to pay for it, one could
expect something rock solid (minor bugs can always happen).
Strangly on their support forum very low rate of issues are mentioned...I wonder if i'm the only one seeing those
issues... i wonder

Greetz

dodiano
02-17-2006, 08:41 AM
I have never played with Project Magenta at least not the Airbus portion I have played with the Boeing system on a friendīs house, I think you should talk to Enricco directly and report the stuff to him Iīm more than sure he is fixing the software and specially with reports from user Iīm more than sure he will work things out... Itīs just that the bus software is so much stuff... It is really complicated with all itīs features, my advice is report the bugs you might Find and Iīm sure the guys at Magenta will try to fix all these issues! And please if you have more questions donīt hesitate Iīll try to answer them for you!

Regards,

Roberto

pdpo
02-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Roberto,

i am in constant contact with enrico but he is busy...busy...
only one person and many programs to support.... airbus, boeing, pmsystems, pminstructor station ....
many travels to undertake for commercial relationships....
so sometimes the progress is not what we expect ....
anyway enrico is certainly doing the uttermost to support...

Greetz

dodiano
02-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Exactly Iīm sure Enricco is trying his best, but is good guys like you notice all these bugs and report them! Please if you have more questions let me know ASAP!

Regards,

Roberto