PDA

View Full Version : Complete sound package for cockpit builders

AchillesP
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Hello to all,

I fly the microsoft simulator for over 6 years now and in the last 1 year I build an 737ng simulator. (http://www.737ng.gr) Before that, I was used to build my own sounds for the boeing cfm series because the default ones was not true for me. ( I use to fly for bussiness 4 times per week). So, I would also like to provide my help to this great community. Before 2 months, I started to build a complete package of sounds especially for 737-700 cockpit builders using 6 speakers with the help (test) of a real boeing pilot. The package will contain sounds from playing from fs, and two packages with sounds and instructions especially for pmsounds, where to install the speakers, what kind of offsets to use and etc. We have almost finished with the fs side (truly amazing) and we expect to finish with the pmsounds in the next 3...4 weeks.

When the package is ready and fully tested, we will inform all from this post.

Until then, safe landings.

Best regards,
Achilles

Kris Stow
03-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Achilles,

Thats wonderful news. The FS sounds are not very realistic at all would be nice to here yours. Must say your setup is very impressive. Good job!! Will be listening in on here for those new sounds.

Jackpilot
03-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Super..Extra...welcome...Good....Cant wait....etc etc..

The PmSound side of it is really of interest because those sounds can be spread between the networked computers and will be coming from the right place...behind, overhead, front (wind noise)
Just a hint (maybe you already did it)... it would be nice in PmSound to have a wind rattle when the landing gear is down for a dedicated speaker under the floor!!

....good work

AchillesP
03-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Super..Extra...welcome...Good....Cant wait....etc etc..

The PmSound side of it is really of interest because those sounds can be spread between the networked computers and will be coming from the right place...behind, overhead, front (wind noise)
Just a hint (maybe you already did it)... it would be nice in PmSound to have a wind rattle when the landing gear is down for a dedicated speaker under the floor!!

....good work

The main problem of pmsounds is that can not accept (for the time I hope) analog (0..100%) sounds. So we build winds and gears and etc according to different speeds (maybe 20...30 different winds and 5...10 different gear sounds) brakes, touchdowns, winds from speedbrakes, winds from flaps, metal aircraft sounds, etc. Wait and you will see. Be patient.

I hope not to exceed our timeline but it depents from the result. Our target is to be as real as it gets.

Best regards,
Achilles

ivar hestnes
03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
This is great.

Cant wait to hear the result.

The sound is a very important factor in a sim. Very cool that you will share your work:)

dnoize
03-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Thats a great project !!

Thanks for sharing it with us !

Stef

ralmav
04-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Hey Achilles...that´s a great news. Since i´m also fiddle with PMSounds, I´m really curious about it.:D
Ralf

Jackpilot
04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Any News/development???

Padraig
04-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I cant wait until your work is finished, like others here, sound is a very important factor in a simulator. I'm looking forward to your work, and thank you for such a good contribution too!

AchillesP
05-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Main volume package uploaded at f9 sounds download library. Update for pmsounds will follow soon.

This is for cockpit builder only. 737-600-700-800 Series
This is version 1.00
Make a backup of your sounds first.

Notes:

1.) No outside sounds. Only what you can hear from the cockpit.
2.) Use default sound volume (50%)

Achilles

AchillesP
05-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Dear Simmers,

Before finallize the pmsounds side, I would like to have comments and suggestions regarding the main sound package in order to make possible improvements.

Thanks in advance
Achilles

Trevor Hale
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Achilles,

I hope I moved that to the right area in the download section. Please let me know if you want me to relocate it..

Trev

AchillesP
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Achilles,

I hope I moved that to the right area in the download section. Please let me know if you want me to relocate it..

Trev

Hi Trev,

It is at the right area. FS9 sound files

Thanks
Achilles

AchillesP
07-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi to all,

Until sunday I will upload the new version 1.10

New version includes
- Engine sound improvements
- Touchdown sound improvements
- Gear sound added to pmsounds
- Brakes release sound added to pmsounds
- Brakes press sound added to pmsounds

AchillesP
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds for Boeing series cockpit builder's Version 1.10 By AchillesP (Freeware)
Requirements
- FS2004
- Project Magenda PMSystems
- Project Magenda PMSounds
- FSUIPC
Version 1.10
Includes
- Folder with sound's for the Boeing aircraft
- Folder with sound's to insert at pmsounds/sound folder
- Logics to insert at pmsys737.lgc
- Configurations to make at soundlist.txt of pmsound
- Add offsets to sysvar of pmsystems

Improvement's from version 1.00 to 1.10
- Some small improvement's at aircraft sounds
- Gear sound control moved from FS2004 to pmsounds
- Brakes sounds added to pmsounds
- Parking brake sound added to pmsounds
- Stall warn sound added to pmsounds

Installation
1.) Make a backup of your aircraft sound folder
2.) Copy sound folder at your aircraft folder
3.) Insert the logics at your pmsystems
4.) Add the offsets to pmsystems sysvar.txt
5.) Insert the configuration's at soundlist.txt of pmsounds
6.) Copy the sounds of the [Sounds to insert at pmsounds] at sound folder of pmsounds
7.) Adjust the volume of the sounds at pmsounds side (This is somethink I can not do - Sorry -)
8.) Enjoy and fly safe

Version 1.00
Folder with sound's for the Boeing aircraft

AchillesP
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi,

Version 1.30 is added to the download section.

Improvements

- Small correction to engine's sounds from thrust 25% to 50% according to pilot instruction's

ENJOY

mauriceb
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Version 1.30 is added to the download section.

ENJOY

In the notes you say you need to add it to Version 1.2 files, but there is only version 1.1 in the download section. Is that what you meant?

Thanks,
Maurice

AchillesP
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Yep. Internal mistake. Ignore V1.2. This versions was only a beta one. Jump directly to V1.3 from V.1.1

You must have also previous version V1.0

Achilles

AchillesP
07-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi to all,

For some (maybe all) of you who using the sound package, I would like to have comments about improvements.

I do not have any feedback so time now. Please spend some time.

Achilles

pinosoft
08-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Sounds for Boeing series cockpit builder's Version 1.10 By AchillesP (Freeware)
Requirements
- FS2004
- Project Magenda PMSystems
- Project Magenda PMSounds
- FSUIPC
Version 1.10
Includes
- Folder with sound's for the Boeing aircraft
- Folder with sound's to insert at pmsounds/sound folder
- Logics to insert at pmsys737.lgc
- Configurations to make at soundlist.txt of pmsound
- Add offsets to sysvar of pmsystems

Improvement's from version 1.00 to 1.10
- Some small improvement's at aircraft sounds
- Gear sound control moved from FS2004 to pmsounds
- Brakes sounds added to pmsounds
- Parking brake sound added to pmsounds
- Stall warn sound added to pmsounds

Installation
1.) Make a backup of your aircraft sound folder
2.) Copy sound folder at your aircraft folder
3.) Insert the logics at your pmsystems
4.) Add the offsets to pmsystems sysvar.txt
5.) Insert the configuration's at soundlist.txt of pmsounds
6.) Copy the sounds of the [Sounds to insert at pmsounds] at sound folder of pmsounds
7.) Adjust the volume of the sounds at pmsounds side (This is somethink I can not do - Sorry -)
8.) Enjoy and fly safe

Version 1.00
Folder with sound's for the Boeing aircraft

Hi AchillesP,

I want insert in the Pmsounds the sound of engines because I want ear in the spk the output of Pmsounds and in the headphone the atc (sounds out of FS9) I have make this dual output but I don't know how I insert in the Pmsystems the offsets for engines and for configure the pmsounds, you can help me? maybe with a tutorial.

Thank you very much

Bye

Pino

Trevor Hale
08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi to all,

For some (maybe all) of you who using the sound package, I would like to have comments about improvements.

I do not have any feedback so time now. Please spend some time.

Achilles

Hi Achilles,

I do not have my sim setup right now, I am in the process of a rebuild, but will be happy to provide feedback when I am in a position to test it all out.

Trev

super80
08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Any chance this can be adapted for FSX? :D

super80
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Nevermind....it seems to work with fsx as is.

I was under the impression that the sound config file format was different for FSX. At a glance, some things look the same, other not..

I didn't do complete test, but so far they sound quite good! :p

Thanks!

AchillesP
09-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi AchillesP,

I want insert in the Pmsounds the sound of engines because I want ear in the spk the output of Pmsounds and in the headphone the atc (sounds out of FS9) I have make this dual output but I don't know how I insert in the Pmsystems the offsets for engines and for configure the pmsounds, you can help me? maybe with a tutorial.

Thank you very much

Bye

Pino

Hi pino,

It is not possible to insert the engine sounds to pmsounds because engine sound is not only a sound but a combination of at lease 10 sounds acting in diferent Hz all together (or some of them) at different thrusts.

So this is only possible from fs and not from pmsounds.

Achilles

AchillesP
09-01-2008, 04:04 AM
Any chance this can be adapted for FSX? :D

Hi Super80,

The only change between fs9 and fsx are the cone settings. Cone settings are creating a cone for the sounds from different angles. This seems to be more usefull for outside views.

So yes, you can use the package at fsx also.

Achilles

AchillesP
09-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Version 1.40 is uploaded. Waiting for approval.

Includes all previous versions to a compact one.

Version 2.00 will be ready soon and it will be avaliable only for FSX.

blueskydriver
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Trev or Achilles,

I've been using the sound files with FSX and I'm checking things over to make sure as to what I do or do not hear. However, the complete sound package is no longer in the FS9 Sound Files section of the MyCockpit downloads.

Can you help with this?

John

AchillesP
09-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Edited and removed

what is this:?: what happened:?: where are the files:?:

Trevor Hale
09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Let me know if you found it... None of us have removed it.. So if you can't find it, please upload it again, and I will approve it right away.

Trev

AchillesP
09-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Let me know if you found it... None of us have removed it.. So if you can't find it, please upload it again, and I will approve it right away.

Trev

No problem with the files. I can upload them this afternoon. But the mystery is with the forum. Where are my posts? Many of them says
Edited and removed

I have beed hacked?

Trevor Hale
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Really, can you give me an example please? We are noticing a couple of anomalies with the server right now.

Trev

Matt Olieman
09-24-2008, 09:05 AM
No problem with the files. I can upload them this afternoon. But the mystery is with the forum. Where are my posts? Many of them says
Edited and removed

I have beed hacked?

Where were the posts, what forum? We can trace to see what happened.

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Where were the posts, what forum? We can trace to see what happened.

Matt Olieman

Not really my question to answer but:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12504&highlight=edited+removed (x2)
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12474&highlight=edited+removed (x2)
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13020&highlight=edited+removed
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11836&highlight=edited+removed

AchillesP
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I will change my password for security reasons. But I can not recover those posts. Can to recovered from an old backup?

Efe Cem Elci
09-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I will change my password for security reasons. But I can not recover those posts. Can to recovered from an old backup?

Hopefully they can but usually forum backups are general and reverting to them leads to losing all posts made after the backup. As your posts were edited instead of being deleted by a moderator/admin this also takes away the possibility of returning them from the deleted posts section.

Once again, my apologies, not my business and I'm sure Matt or Trevor will be able to give you more forum-specific info.

Matt Olieman
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I was able to restore the text in the post Efecemelci mentioned. I still don't understand what happened. We'll continue to investigate.

When was the last time someone noticed the Sound Files in the File Library?

Matt Olieman

Deesystems
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Team,
Ive updated the download count to the last known count.

last backup of D/l 's that files could be seen was 9/5/08

Dee

AchillesP
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I have uploaded all the files again.

Also I have uploaded a beta version for FSX. It will work ok with FSX but I am still working on it.

Just to get an idea.

FSX has better sound quality and management. Still there is no software to create all those parameters except ESP SDK that costs 700$. So, I make the changes and I fly but it will take a lot of time to finish.

The starter and shutdown sound can now be controlled. So, I have to change those files and configure them. The engine sounds parameters have now cone settings to can be heared from different angle with different sound. Winds are totally different and have to be done from the beginning.

blueskydriver
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Matt,

I downloaded all the files from Achilles on 9-1-08 and I went back to read some info about the files (in the download library area) about a week after actually downloaded them. So, that was the last time I saw them still in the download area.

It was last night that I could not find them any longer; the funny thing is a lot of the other download library sections seem to be empty as well. I don't know what files have been lost, but I'm sure there were files in the other sections, just because I had browsed them all on 9-1-08.

I hope this all gets worked out for you, thanks for all the help.

John

Deesystems
09-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Team,

I'm moving the discussion of the Download Library to:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=66089&posted=1#post66089

Members can list known missing downloads there.

Dee

ak49er
09-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I read the system requirements for the sound pack, but I still have to ask, will this work without PM? I want to use it but don't have PM.

AchillesP
09-26-2008, 04:31 AM
I read the system requirements for the sound pack, but I still have to ask, will this work without PM? I want to use it but don't have PM.

Hi,

There is also a file for use without pmsystems. Use this.

AchillesP
10-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi there,

FSX sound package for 737 in 5.1 & 7.1 sound systems is almost ready. Stay tuned. Made for FSX using the cone settings and dolby digital technology. The result is super!!!!!!!!!

AchillesP
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Sound version 2.10 for FSX are now at disposal at fsx sounds category. I still have some small troubles due to cone settings because I edit them by hand. There is no software yet.

All sounds are stereo for 5.1 & 7.1 sound systems at studio quality. The size is extremelly big. 135Mb.

Please report possible bugs here. This is only the beggining for fsx sounds.

Thanks

Hi there,

FSX sound package for 737 in 5.1 & 7.1 sound systems is almost ready. Stay tuned. Made for FSX using the cone settings and dolby digital technology. The result is super!!!!!!!!!

brianwilliamson
11-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I have tried a number of times to download, but it appears that the files are corrupted, resulting in about 10Mbs.
Brian W.

AchillesP
11-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I have tried to download and it works fine for me. Maybe the staff can help you on this one.

I have tried a number of times to download, but it appears that the files are corrupted, resulting in about 10Mbs.
Brian W.

blueskydriver
11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Achilles,

The other guys are right, the file is coming to us incomplete and corrupted. I got about 69Mb of the file and then I attempted to open it...corrupted! I tried both an open download and a save as download; both attempts ended the same way.

John

AchillesP
11-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Very strange. I downloaded again and opened the file. All files are inside. No problem for me. Stuff can help please?

Achilles,

The other guys are right, the file is coming to us incomplete and corrupted. I got about 69Mb of the file and then I attempted to open it...corrupted! I tried both an open download and a save as download; both attempts ended the same way.

John

stefanloss
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi,

my download was also corrupted. Unfortunately.

Greetiings,
Stefan.

Matt Olieman
11-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Did you download version 2.11?

Matt Olieman

brianwilliamson
11-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Same here Matt, even with the latest upload. I even tried Getright and it tried to download as downloads.php so not sure why that happened, but something is not quite right.
Cheers...............Brian W.

Matt Olieman
11-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I just downloaded 2.10 and had no problems. Don't know what it is, but I'll have our System Administrator look into this.

Anyone, have you tried downloading other files? Having the same problems?

Matt Olieman

brianwilliamson
11-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, I noticed with Getright that all files seemed to want to be downloads.php. I did not try to download any other files without Getright on this site, but all other sites I tried everything worked ok. As I said earlier the file downloaded about 10 Mb just using Explorer, with the correct name.
Cheers................Brian W.

Deesystems
11-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Team members,

Our download software currently does not support download managers, It is reported the next version will. I am currently tracking this issue.

If you are having a download issue post a reply in http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=70393#post70393

Dee

nax228
12-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi there.
I wonder if this superb package can be used by simmers without the complete PM setup?
I have a build going on and I am using FDS & FSxpand but really want to add this soundpackage to my setup.
I looked at PMsound webpage, and they state:

This software was made to run with our other flight management software, but it can also be used without other Project Magenta components. This is not an adventure, not an FS module... it can be run in parallel to FS on the same PC or on a networked system. You can switch certain sounds on and off at any time.

Am I right to look forward to a Happy New Year?... Soundwise?

AchillesP
12-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Ofcource you can use it, but it will not sound some alerts that uses pm offsets. Install also the pmsounds to get at lease some of the alerts.

All engines sounds and e.t.c. works in any setup.

Hi there.
I wonder if this superb package can be used by simmers without the complete PM setup?
I have a build going on and I am using FDS & FSxpand but really want to add this soundpackage to my setup.
I looked at PMsound webpage, and they state:

Am I right to look forward to a Happy New Year?... Soundwise?

nax228
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I installed it (PMS) now just to hear the sounds. Seems like the is quite a few more soundfiles in PMs then in your package, but as you say, I recon some of them is dedicated to PM offsets.
Looking forward to test it inflight.

Thanks

AchillesP
12-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Sound version 2.20 uploaded. There are two(2) parts as the file is very big. Just unzip and place the files inside sound folder.

themax222
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,

really nice sounds !! It's so nice when you set full thrust at take off... :D

I just have a problem : at the gate when park brake is set and engines off, i hear the roll sounds :roll:

Any solutions ?

Thanks,

Maxime.

EDIT : I'm using it with FS9

AchillesP
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Which version you use?

Hi,

really nice sounds !! It's so nice when you set full thrust at take off... :D

I just have a problem : at the gate when park brake is set and engines off, i hear the roll sounds :roll:

Any solutions ?

Thanks,

Maxime.

EDIT : I'm using it with FS9

themax222
02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I downloaded this :

Sounds without pmsystems : Sounds For Boeing 737 Ng Series withous using pmsystems

Maxime.

AchillesP
02-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Latest version is 1.40 for fs9.

I downloaded this :

Sounds without pmsystems : Sounds For Boeing 737 Ng Series withous using pmsystems

Maxime.

themax222
04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version : 1.40 But I still have the problem. When I'm on the ground with park brake on and engines off, i hear the roll sounds. Any idea of the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Maxime.

EDIT : problem resolved, I deleted roll.wav file. Thanks. Maxime.

nax228
06-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Am I thick?
I have downloaded the latest packs 1/2 but cant get i.e. enginesounds, only callouts.
Running for the time being a default FSX plane.
I just cant figure out the installation notes in post#13. Can anyone write a:

"How to install in FSX without PMsystems"

please.

Maybe its just me, maybe its late or maybe there is a lack of information.

Howard
02-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm reading this post with interest re sounds for 737 aircraft.
I am building a full NG sim & would like to have very authentic sounds in my sim too.
I can't find where to download this package & is there a cost?

I'm not at the stage of my software yet but I am planning on using FSX & with Sim-Avionics software.
PM is way to expensive & to be truthfull don't quite follow all of their software, seems to be diffierent modules I think?

I see though that they have PMSounds which is free. Not sure where you load that into but I think I read the sound package is a full 5.1 or 7.1
system. Is that correct? The placement of speakers would be critical as would be the mixing I think (unless the software takes care of that).
Would the sound package (or packages) run from one pc or do you use several pc's each with it it's "own" sound system?

Can someone point me to a website that has the full information about this product please?
Oh, yes my sim is a full scale cockpit, I'm using the 737 cockpit shell from Flight Deck Solutions.

Thanks!

Howard.