PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MCP423a

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
The intermediate mcp423a program is causing severe problems in my setup I am using the CPFlight MCP (USB version), together with the latest versions of PFD, CDU and pmSystems.

What happens is that in mid-flight the MCP program freezes and the simulator no longer responds to the MCP commands. In fact, it is so bad, that even with the Windows Task Manager I cannot kill the program.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
There is probably a conflict with the new MCP737-PRO commands.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Best regards,<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
--pim<O:p</O:p

stefanloss
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Thatīs interesting. I have a similar problem with my CP Flight / PM MCP setup: After a certain time, it seems like the communication between the hardware and the software MCP simply stops. I then have to re-start the PM MCP, which also leads to a re-boot of the CP Flight MCP.

But I have seen this since several builds of the MCP.

RGroebl
03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Iīve also using CPFlight MCP USB-Version and have no problems since using PM.

Greets

Roland

JWS
03-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Sorry to say that I do have problems (see my thread http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10811) though they are not that big as the others seem to experience.

JWS

ralmav
03-11-2008, 07:00 AM
I have a problem regarding the BAT status:
MCP doesn't react on BAT OFF, it's always ON.
I have FDS G1 hardware.
PM is informed about that.
Cheers
Ralf

RGroebl
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi JWS,

I donīt think that this issue is an PM trouble. I know exactly this failure and changing Altitude to 50000 without PM.

On beginning of my Homecockpit I used PMDG 737-800 with CPFlight MCP then this errors occured from time to time. Sometimes by pressing v/s the plane goes to -6000ft/m, sometimes in descend the altitude changed to 50000.

Since using PM on different computers this errors are gone. Never seen this issues again.

Greets

Roland

ralmav
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Just got a response from Enrico about my subject:

>We used to switch off the MCP physically using a special command which switched the hardware off altogether. This caused problems with some expansion boards.

We had to replace this with a command which just switches off the lights but kept the MCP hardware running in the background.

The G1 does not handle that command. <

They will find a solution.

Good PM support !

Cheers

JWS
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi JWS,
I donīt think that this issue is an PM trouble. I know exactly this failure and changing Altitude to 50000 without PM.

Since using PM on different computers this errors are gone. Never seen this issues again.

Greets
Roland

Roland,

I used to have W98SE with PM MCP and CPFlight on a FS2002 Server. No problemo.
Then bought a new PC (XP Pro), with FS2004 and PM MCP + CPFlight on it. Then trouble began. As said in other threads it's only when both are in use. CPFlight (and others) specifically advise to run both on the same pc as FS.

grtz
JWS

Trevor Hale
03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Guys..

I must reiterate the fact that PM does not regularly monitor these forums.

Please send your comments and support requests via email to: PMSUPPORT (support@projectmagenta.com)

Best regards,

Trevor Hale
Mycockpit.org - Admin

JWS
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Trevor,

been there, done that. PM hasn't been able to find a solution yet. Like to know if I'm the only one with this problem. This is a users forum, isn't it?

Regards,

JWS

Trevor Hale
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Trevor,

been there, done that. PM hasn't been able to find a solution yet. Like to know if I'm the only one with this problem. This is a users forum, isn't it?

Regards,

JWS

JWS. I can see where you want to take this, and I am really not interested in going down that road. However I will explain it to you so that you may better understand the operation of this Project Magenta Forum.

I was simply reminding everyone that these forums are here for us all to communicate our issues, and possibly some can offer help to correct (SETUP/CONFIGURATION) Issues. Complaining in this forum will not get Project Magenta Issues Resolved. Sometimes PM Shows up here and responds out of courtesy, but not as general practice.

The short answer to your question regarding this being a "users" forum is "YES" However, it is owned and managed by a single entity whom has every right to allow or deny whatever discussions he/she deems appropriate.

This directive has come down the line by Project Magenta... This directive basically stated that If these PROJECT MAGENTA forums continue to be used as a means to cut down, or defame Project Magenta without the benefit of them being able to solve the problem in their support department (by sending an email to them directly) Then they will demand the removal of any and all Project Magenta related discussions on this Board.

Nobody wants to see that happen. Therefore, We constantly remind users that they are to send emails to Project Magenta support.

I am sorry if you feel that this is not appropriate to point this out, however it is my job. And We at Mycockpit.org are very proud to have the ability to assist our members with their Project Magenta related issues.

In addition to this if you feel that you are being censored by any means, perhaps you should reevaluate the fact that I was not directing this particular statement to any one single individual. It was a general statement to inform anyone taking part in this thread. Especially the original poster (WHO IS A NEW MEMBER BY THE WAY) that was having the initial Project Magenta Complaint. If he or anyone else in this thread was unaware of the fact regarding PM and their policies, this was a great way to communicate it.

If you have any further comment I would appreciate you discuss this with me in a more private manor.

Best regards,

Mycockpit Admin.

JonathanRichardson
03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
>been there, done that. PM hasn't been able to find a solution yet. Like to know if I'm the only one with this problem. This is a users forum, isn't it?

Hi

I tried again today to re-create this V/S problem. I simply can not replicate the error. This is with CPFlight and latest MCP build for re-testing. I have a slight feeling this might be related to the flight model / poss PMDG? I wonder if you still see the error with other flight models?

The only other factor ini related I can think of would possibly be:

AutoVS=On
/ Will automatically select the current
/ HDG and V/S when mode is engaged

But I think you have already tried that as I suggested before. I.e. turn it off as a test.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

JWS
03-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Jonathan,

thanks for your post, which clearly shows that we've been in contact about this and that the matter is still under consideration as promised.

Like you suggested before, I've tried the AutoVS option, but I will do it again.
FYI, I deliberately do not use the PMDG. Only standard MSF 737 (with panel in view of without panel at all).

Naturaly, I've contacted CPFlight as well. They state that the hardware only shows what PM tells it to do. This seems to be the case indeed, as both PM MCP panel and the CPFlight show the same + 6000 when engaging V/S. The same goes in general for the IAS/Mach changeover (where a 400 is shown instead of .xx). On one occasion the PM showed .62 while CPF gave 400.

I've been wondering if the change of OS or perhaps the language/keyboard setting might be the cause. I used to have FS2002+PM+CPF on a W98SE machine without these problems. Now XP pro and FS2004 (you've seen my log/ini files).
Perhaps I have to revert to older CPF firmware versions.

Regards,

JWS

JonathanRichardson
03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
>I've been wondering if the change of OS or perhaps the language/keyboard setting might be the cause. I used to have FS2002+PM+CPF on a W98SE machine without these problems. Now XP pro and FS2004 (you've seen my log/ini files).
Perhaps I have to revert to older CPF firmware versions.

Hi

Are you 100% sure there is no other hardware - nothing that could also be writing this +6000ft into the V/S>? I do not think it is a firmware issue, but one thing that does spring to mind is that we are using a serial not USB version of the MCP - not sure which one you are using. I would hope that is not the issue though. I have not seen this problem with previous firmware or the very latest 1.6 version now.

One further test you could make, discounnect all hardware and see if when you press V/S on the PM MCP what the window says - i.e. 0 or 6000 ft - but I think you already did this. i.e. pure software test.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

Regards,

JWS[/QUOTE]