PDA

View Full Version : nvidia drivers & nhancer settings

rt72
02-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Hi all!

I'm running FS2004 on a Nvidia 8000 series card.

I suddenly am having stuttering issues and was wondering if someone could post what driver version you're using and your current settings from a recent version of nhancer.

All I'm finding is settings from older versions and there are now more options.

It's very strange. Nothing has changed and I was getting great framerates just a few days ago.

Thanks!

Kennair
02-28-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi RT72,

A recent system I built up for a customer used an nVidia 8800 with nhancer on a multi-monitor setup using FSX and had no stuttering issues at all. I tried a number of nhancer settings from default to AFx8 and AAx8 with no noticable differences. The video driver was the latest version from nvidia.

As with most issues relating to stuttering and frame rates using FS your CPU and RAM are more of a limiting factor than video card. I would be suspecting a recent addon, antivirus, system change if the stuttering is only recent. Also a good defrag tool is essential to good performance.

Ken.

David Withers
02-28-2008, 03:03 AM
what were the specs on the ram and cpu ken?

Kennair
02-28-2008, 04:00 AM
CPU - Intel E6750 (stock fan and stock speed). RAM - 2GbDDR-2 1066Mhz Kingston matched sticks. All running on a Gigabyte P35-DS3R 1333 motherboard.

Ken.

BHawthorne
02-28-2008, 04:51 AM
imho, stuttering is indicative of hitting some type of memory cap, be it computer memory or gpu memory often times forcing hits to the scratch disk. Tweak your detail settings a bit and see if that fixes it. If not, use the performance and processes tabs in the task manager to troubleshoot possible computer ram issues. Something could be hogging a lot of ram or cpu that you're not yet aware of.

NicD
02-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Is the stuttering in FS only? Have you guys deleted the standard nhancer fs9.exe profile and created another one? This is essential, otherwise the nvidia driver will run FS9 with 'enhanced only' settings - which means that its relying on FS to do the general antialising and filtering work .. which you definitely don't want.

rt72
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll work through it some more and see if I can figure it out.