PDA

View Full Version : 3 to go on ONE graphics card????

manhattan
02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Folks.

I am wondering if anybody has tried to run two 3togo boxes from one graphics card?
If yes, are there any disadvantages - frame rates - restriction on using other monitors (instruments only) or anything else? Can the 3togo monitors be configured for front and side outside views? Any judders or glitches on turns etc?

Sorry about all the questions, but it saves going back and forward with posts if anybody has tried this.

Many thanks.

TONY

AndyT
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I've been wondering this myself.
I'd have already tried but I just dont have the resources to do it yet.
A dual head card SHOULD be able to do this.... I wonder how much strain on the CPU it will cause FPS wise.

As I type this, I recall someone did do this already and had good results. It was even posted in here somewhere. The thread was something about 8 monitors on 1 machine.

Found it....
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11007&highlight=monitors

How about that! You are the one that started it! :)

manhattan
02-22-2008, 04:48 AM
I've been wondering this myself.
I'd have already tried but I just dont have the resources to do it yet.
A dual head card SHOULD be able to do this.... I wonder how much strain on the CPU it will cause FPS wise.

As I type this, I recall someone did do this already and had good results. It was even posted in here somewhere. The thread was something about 8 monitors on 1 machine.

Found it....
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11007&highlight=monitors

How about that! You are the one that started it! :)

True to say that I started the ball rolling, but I would still love to know if it's feasable to use two 3togo units, producing 6 usable ouitside views? Thanks for your comments anyway.

TONY.

Rodney
02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Ask Matrox. I'll bet they have tested that. How would the application figure out which TH2Go unit is which? Each may unit have its own address, but will 2 instances of the desktop application conflict? Of course you will need the best video card and computer available for performance.

Matt Olieman
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Certainly an interesting concept. Yes, I agree with Rodney, ask Matrox :)

On an other note, quick question... Since I don't even have one of these fantastic contraptions :( Who's got the best buy for a TH2go?

Rodney
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Depends on which version you want. Analog or Digital. The digital version allows for direct connect with digital monitors and aligning the view between the three. I bought mine directly from Maxtor for 329.

Matt Olieman
02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I want to go digital version.

Paul G
02-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I think it would be way too much strain on a system. Although they produce 3 outputs from one, the single output is a mega-wide output. Every fraction of a second the computer and graphics card have to process graphics to fill the selected area, and if it's 3 times the size, it's going to take a load more processing effort.

Now, with 2 of these cards running it would be truly awesome. However I also figure the performance would grind to a halt. I'm not even sure if a single graphics card could support 2 outputs with such high resolution. You might have more luck with 2 x video cards and running a triple head from each.

I would research on their forums but you'll probably have to invest the money and try it before you know for sure, as no manufacturer is going to say that it's going to work on your setup.

Good luck and post us your findings as we're all curious.

Westozy
02-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Matrox wouldn't sell direct to me even though I helped set up their sponsorship with MC.Org which was a little disappointing. I had to buy from an Aussie distributor who added his whack, at least I got the right power supply I guess.
I'm interested in the outcome of this issue as I have my TH2Go on the main output of my GTS 8800 card, the other output is free.

Gwyn

andarlite
02-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Check it out:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=141151&page=10

Scroll down to #185. He's got 2 Triplehead2go connected to a single 7950GX2 video card with 6 BenQ FP93GS monitors.

Regards,
Henry