PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

TobiD
02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey,

My name is Tobi and I live in Friedrichshafen, Germany (Lake of Constance). I'm 19 years old and I will begin studying electrical engineering in September.

I have been flying the PMDG 738 on IVAO for several years now and now, I want to start building a 738 cockpit step by step. Next week, I'm going to buy Project Magenta :D

Matt Olieman
02-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Welcome Tobi and congratulations on your new adventure. My advise to you is, take your time, make sure you start flying as soon as you can (sounds like you already do), build a new piece and make it work in your cockpit, piece by piece. Don't try doing it all at once.... (I speak of experience) :) We're here with you, and always glad to help :)

Good luck Tobi!!!!

TobiD
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Matt,

thanks for the nice welcome. That's absolutely right, what you say. It's important that every new investion is working, because otherwise, you'll lose your motivation. That's why I begin with Project Magenta. It's the "core" and anything builds up on it. Next investion will be the MCP (the new cpflight pro version looks nice :-)), I think.

Bob Reed
02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome Tobi! Ahh the good old 737..... Nice plane if I say so myself! Any way, as Matt said... Take your time and research what you are going to do, every step, and flying is so important. Builders sometimes for get about it and soon wonder why they are no longer interested in there cockpit. There are a lot of people here willing to help and once you begin work.... Pictures take lots of them and post them.. We like pictures.....

Westozy
02-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard Tobi,

Good luck with your Boeing build, looking forward to seeing your pics.

Regards,

Gwyn

Taupax
02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Tobi and welcome ive been to Germany many times (i had an exchange partner when i was at school) very nice country very friendly.
If it helps your english my friend replace 'investion' with 'purchase' it means the same thing ;)
Good luck with your build but i wish someone would come on here wanting to build a 747 :(

Mark

Thomas Richter
02-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi

Also a welcome from my side, so or so.

The language should never be a problem :-) muß selbst oft damit kämpfen :-)

Taupax
02-18-2008, 08:19 PM
um.. hehehehe