PDA

View Full Version : Cut Off / MCPEX1 and PMSystems

carlos hermida
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Hi,

I am trying to set 2 switches (on/off) for CUTOFF 1 and CUTOFF 2 to work with MCPEX1 and PM Systems but with no luck, this the first time i am trying to use hardware with pmsystems, so any help will be apreciate :roll:

Here are what i have done:

. switches are connected to MCPEX1 and working (ON and OFF) with cpflight tools test
. there is no PM CUTOFF to select with cpflighttools digital IN menu but i have the offsets showing with my pm systems cutoff view and shows:

CUTOFFL 0x561A Bit 0 for engine 1 VALUE=ON
CUTOFFR 0x561A Bit 1 for engine 2 VALUE=ON

So what i need to do next and where to make then to work?

Thanks in advance !!!

Carlos

Jan Pemöller
02-10-2008, 03:23 AM
You have to check the offsets. I think they are different if you use PM.
I could have a look to that later ... if you whish.

Thomas Richter
02-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I am trying to set 2 switches (on/off) for CUTOFF 1 and CUTOFF 2 to work with MCPEX1 and PM Systems but with no luck, this the first time i am trying to use hardware with pmsystems, so any help will be apreciate :roll:

Here are what i have done:

. switches are connected to MCPEX1 and working (ON and OFF) with cpflight tools test
. there is no PM CUTOFF to select with cpflighttools digital IN menu but i have the offsets showing with my pm systems cutoff view and shows:

CUTOFFL 0x561A Bit 0 for engine 1 VALUE=ON
CUTOFFR 0x561A Bit 1 for engine 2 VALUE=ON

So what i need to do next and where to make then to work?

Thanks in advance !!!

Carlos

Hi

I don't know this board works or its driver / software but I think you need to add this lines to the DigitalIN.cfg

"PMS CUTOFF 1","&H561A",1,&HFE,1,3
"PMS CUTOFF 2","&H561A",1,&HFD,2,3

I cannot test if it will work, just try it.

carlos hermida
02-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for both!!! Thomas will try today and post the results here ...

carlos hermida
02-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Thomas, that's works perfectly for cutoff 's !!!

btw ,what should i use for A/T disengage? have connected a pushbutton for that....

Best,

Carlos Hermida

Thomas Richter
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Thomas, that's works perfectly for cutoff 's !!!

btw ,what should i use for A/T disengage? have connected a pushbutton for that....

Best,

Carlos Hermida

I think it should looks like this, but it is "blind" work for me because I cannot try annything!

"PM A/T DISCONNECT","&H4F2",2,0,16,1

carlos hermida
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Will try now....

One thing that i note with cutoff is that every time i start the first time CUTOFF SWITCH both goes ON (1 and 2) on pmsytems cutoff after that both works indenpendent like it should ,if i first set on then off each switch then it works normally. It only occurs with the first time i start my SIM....any idea?:roll: Its like i need to reset the switches first...

Thomas Richter
02-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Will try now....

One thing that i note with cutoff is that every time i start the first time CUTOFF SWITCH both goes ON (1 and 2) on pmsytems cutoff after that both works indenpendent like it should ,if i first set on then off each switch then it works normally. It only occurs with the first time i start my SIM....any idea?:roll: Its like i need to reset the switches first...

1/ is in pmSystems menu (ESC) set that hardware is used ?
2/ normally if you enter the Cockpit they should be in ON (Cuttoff) position

carlos hermida
02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Thomas,

About CUTOFF you are right, pmsystems hardware was set to OFF, now works great !!! and A/T now disconnects the SPEED button on my MCP. Need to check why don't hear any advise sound when a/t is disconnected, only A/P, could be something with pm sounds?

Thomas Richter
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Thomas,

About CUTOFF you are right, pmsystems hardware was set to OFF, now works great !!! and A/T now disconnects the SPEED button on my MCP. Need to check why don't hear any advise sound when a/t is disconnected, only A/P, could be something with pm sounds?

You can define it a well in pmSounds in the soundlist.txt.

Just try (never tried this one)
YourSound, 5529, .0, 1

carlos hermida
02-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Thomas,

How can i set " &H4F2" offset (A/T speed off button) to play sound in pm sounds when i push button? Have tried using MYSOUND, H4F2 , 2, 1, ON but doesn't work too...something wrong:(

Thomas Richter
02-15-2008, 05:04 AM
Thomas,

How can i set " &H4F2" offset (A/T speed off button) to play sound in pm sounds when i push button? Have tried using MYSOUND, H4F2 , 2, 1, ON but doesn't work too...something wrong:(

Just try
MYSOUND, 04F2 , 2, 20

carlos hermida
02-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Didn't work Thomas, have tried :

mysound, H4F2 ,2 , 20 and ..., 04F2, 2 , 20

Any other offset that you can suggest for me?

chrisdanker
02-16-2008, 03:26 AM
Guys,

For wanting not to sound ignorant on this subject, I have been seeing posts about PM Offsets etc...etc and I am not able to understand it much. WHat are the offsets and how is it used? I have the FULL Boeing and AIRBUS Project Magenta software and have not gone into the Overhead Hardware part of it yet but I am now making a pedestal with some switches that can link to my MCPEX1 board. I am interested to also do the Cut off for the engines and seeing this post about Off sets has ....literally Off Set me. If I use the MCPEX1 to link directly to FS to do the fuel cut off, isnt that OK, as sometimes I still dont use the PM Systems linked to the sim.

Is there a manual of how to used and understand Off Sets?

Appreciate being pointed to the right direction.

Thanks

Regards,
Chris

Thomas Richter
02-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Thomas,

May be it should start at the beginning!

What is the way you switch OFF your A/T, hardware MCP?

carlos hermida
02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
May be it should start at the beginning!

What is the way you switch OFF your A/T, hardware MCP?

Thomas,
I am using MCP from CPFLIGHT, for switch OFF i have connected one PUSHBUTTON to MCPEX1. It only disable SPEED function from MCP when i press it ( i prefer this way to have GO AROUND N1 ready with A/T in ARM position ) or maybe you could suggest another better way for that?

Crisdanker,

Take a look like Thomas said, sure that will help you that's exactly what i am doing with MCPEX1 , if you have any dude advise us, ok

Thomas Richter
02-18-2008, 03:19 AM
And what is the Offset you use for this?