PDA

View Full Version : ATC/Other sounds/USB headset

Jackpilot
02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
This was already discussed but it does not work, at least for me.
1) this deals with FS9 native ATC, NOT an addon like RadarContact, NOT FSX either
2) with the USB headset plugged on the FS server I manage to have PMSounds on the speakers and all FS sounds including ATC on the headset...or vice versa.
I do not manage to split ATC from the other FS sounds

Once again, FS9, stock ATC,USB headset,internal audio....I tried to follow what had been said in the previous thread, to no avail!

Did someone really made it work?

Any new hint, because it would be darn good to have that with FS9!!
Cheers guys

Rodney
02-05-2008, 08:45 PM
You might try a non usb headset into your sound card, or even the onboard sound if you have that. But my feeling is that the default ATC in the sim & the sim sounds won't be seperate no matter what you do. Don't they run from the same sound engine. Although it is not FSX, have you dropped a note to the ACES team? Quite possble they have been-there done-that as they did something different in FSX.

Tomlin
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I seem to remember that this has been successfully done in FS9 per the other thread. Let's go back there and make sure the method is being followed completely.

rt72
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
This only works in FS2004 with third-party ATC applications. (Radar Contact...)

Philb737
02-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Do you have two sound cards? You need two sound cards to achieve what you are talking about.

Matt Olieman
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Moved this thread to "Cockpit Sounds"

Eric, do you have a link to the other thread, I couldn't find it.

Matt O.

Tomlin
02-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Moved this thread to "Cockpit Sounds"

Eric, do you have a link to the other thread, I couldn't find it.

Matt O.

Surely do Matt!

See here: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10645&highlight=seperation&page=4