PDA

View Full Version : BU0836 + Diodes

flatdog
02-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I made the mistake last week of dismantling an old USB joystick, soldering a few switches to the PCB and setting up the buttons using FSUIPC. I really did it just to see what would happen. Of course I am now completely hooked and have taken delivery of BU0836 joystick controller with the hope of making basic panel for a C172. I have got it working using the 'simple' setup but would obviously like to make use of all the buttons. As I will be using more than 3 toggle buttons I have purchased the recommended diodes but I am not sure how to connect things up. Does each switch need a diode and which side of the switch does it go? Any help to get me going would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

KenK
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Check out the website near the middle of the page.
http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/

I am using this for my c441 cockpit.

Regard's Ken K

flatdog
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Ken,

Thank you for the reply. I have been studying the diagram and it would appear that if I have say 6 toggle (spst) switches I can 'daisychain' one terminal on each switch and then connect to column 1. I then connect the second terminal of each switch to a different row number so the first switch will be C1R1 then C1R2 and so on. I am not completely sure about the diode - is it soldered directly to the second terminal on the switch and then a wire taken from the diode to the required row? Please feel free to correct me, I really want to get my facts right before I start soldering.

Philip

KenK
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Maybe this will help.
See attached diagram
Regards Ken K

flatdog
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Ken,

Fantastic - thank you for taking the time to post it - just what I needed.

Philip

Penguin
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh, I would be very interested to see KenK's diagram, too.
Unfortunately it isn't attached anymore.
Is there any chance to post it again?

Kind regards

flatdog
07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Here it is...