PDA

View Full Version : V1/Vr/V2 PMSounds

n9365z
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I fly the default FSX Learjet and I hear the 80knots sound in PMSounds, but I do not hear V1/Vr/V2 sounds? Is there code i can put in the config file to get these working? I would also like it to call out 60 knots on landing to signal when to stop reverse thrusters?

Trevor Hale
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Not sure how you can add the 60 kias deal, but as for V1, Rotate, and V2 they should be in you PMsounds already. just check to see that the checkbox is selected.

Best regards,

Trev

n9365z
02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Ya...checked, but no sounds. I tried both default and airbus config, so i assume that it is getting offsets direct from other PM software that i do not have. What is even crazier, is that checking and unchecking does nothing for me, i have to manual edit the config file to turn off sounds i do not want to use???

Tomlin
02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I fly the default FSX Learjet and I hear the 80knots sound in PMSounds, but I do not hear V1/Vr/V2 sounds? Is there code i can put in the config file to get these working? I would also like it to call out 60 knots on landing to signal when to stop reverse thrusters?

Are you using PMRJ software? (just curious-this should have nothing to do with your pmsounds).

Jackpilot
02-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Check
http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Scroll down to ESound
Allows any wave file conditional to certain events like speed altitude etc and can be directed to a specific sound card..
Very interseting software easier to use than it looks

n9365z
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Nope...just using default fsx learjet...everything but vspeeds works great!

Tim
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe V1, Rotate and V2 only work with inputs from the CDU.

V1, Vr, and V2 are conditional of aircraft weight (and I suspect winds). To my knowledge PMSounds has no way of knowing all the different V speeds due to changing aircraft weights and wind speeds.

I suspect 80kts is 80kts, that's why you can hear the 80kt call. Weight/wind is not an issue.

That's my guess.