PDA

View Full Version : Autothrottle For 737 Using Phidgets

mterm
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi,
I am almost complete building a 737 quadrant and getting ready to install servos to control the autothrottle. I purchased a 4 servo controller and hitec 815 servos from PhidgetUSA's website. I can remember a while ago seeing on there website a guide from the installation of the servos and setting up the 4 servo card. It is no longer posted on their site. I was wondering if anyone may have a copy of that guide or where i may find it.

Thanks,
Mark

Jackpilot
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
PM Maurice on FDS Forum...

mterm
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Maurice was a big help.

Thanks

James Twomey
02-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Mark if you got the "how to" could you possibly PM me a copy? I too would be interested as I'm building a throttle quad.

Radar
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
:p You know what would be great. If we all could see the how to. Do you think it's possible?

Trevor Hale
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
There is a thread on this site that Maurice posted a long time ago.

Do a search for autothrottle on our forum. There you will find it.

Trev

mterm
02-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I posted the guide in the downlibrary in the FS2Phidget section.

Bob Reed
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM

I just approved it so go get it!!

Radar
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM

:oThanks Bob.

:pMan! mterm. Thanks a million. Lots of hard work there. I never thought there was so many things to consider.

Thanks again for the great guide

Mike

Gallie
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Guys!

I have one question regarding this tutorial/guide.
Ive read that most people who are building an autothrottle on their quad, only power the servos when the at is engaged in one of its modes by a logic board.

The guide says this is not necessary:

"In the real aircraft the AutoThrottle mechanism requires a clutch to disconnect the drive motor, such that the pilot can manually move the Throttle Levers up and down when the AutoThrottle is disconnected. I have found however that with careful selection of Servo it is possible to have the Servo’s arm permanently connected to the Throttle Lever, such that when the Servo control signal is removed (i.e. automatically controlled via FS2Phidget and the 4-Motor Servo Controller) it is easy to move the lever up and down manually."

I personaly think that when the servo doesnt get a signal to move, you can move it yourself with enough force. Without harming the electro motor inside.

Perhaps there is someone here with some experience of their own.

Thanks,

Mike