PDA

View Full Version : :) :) :) :) :) What more can I say :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman
01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
I just got home from out of town, and to my surprise a box was waiting for me at my doorstep :)

I've just opened the box and set it on the counter-top and of course had to take pictures, I wish you could of seen my face :) :) :)

This is the best looking.... EVER!!!!!! Everything I've expected!!! Definitely, in my book a Five Star Award.

Engravity/CPflight FANTASTIC WORK!!!!! Thank you!!!

Now to plug it in and play with it.... Oh, by the way, the Europe to U.S. AC adapter didn't come with it..... no big deal. But just for those who need to know.

http://mycockpit.org/photos/MattO/EFISFCU01310012.jpg

Joe Cygan
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
You lucky dog you!

Looks awesome Matt.

Geremy Britton
01-31-2008, 03:41 PM
i'm smiling and thinking they will look great and they aren't even mine!:D:roll:
It feels realy good when i get a box i can bearly contain the exitement because i know it will be something for my sim (that's all i buy!) And it builds up tention wondering what it will be or which part.

Tomlin
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, that's really nice looking. BTW, since I know nothing about how Airbus' are made, are these units usable in all the Airbus planes other than the 300?

Trevor Hale
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Eric,

As far as I know, the exact same FCU would be used in the A319, A320,A321, A330, & A340

The systems are all basically the same.

Matt,

My question for you, is, how much modification will you need to do to have it fit in the the location that your current FCU Sits?

It couldn't be as easy as remove, and install.

Trev

dnoize
01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
:) :) :)

fire it up....fire it up...fire it up !!

Stef

Efe Cem Elci
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Matt,
Its hard to tell from the picture, so I just had to ask. Near the middle part of the top of the picture... are those oranges?

All kidding aside, congrats and hope you get back to us with some pics of it working.

Westozy
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
I remember the excitement of my CP Flight/Engravity MCP & EFIS arriving, I wagged off work to be home on the day I was told it would be delivered by courier!

Gwyn

dodiano
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Nah Matt... They couldnīt have made these... Ask those guys which A320 is flying without an FCU and EFIS?? I knew they shouldnīt allow people with screwdrivers aboard planes!! LOL!! Amazing work they look just like the real thing!!

Regards,

Roberto

luisgordo
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Question Matt:
Is the FCU/EFIS already available from Flyengravity? I cannot see it on their shop webpage yet.

THX

Edit: OK, already found it at CPFlight: http://www.cpflight.com/sito/prodotti_fcu.asp

W9XE/Project777
01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Nah Matt... They couldnīt have made these... Ask those guys which A320 is flying without an FCU and EFIS?? I knew they shouldnīt allow people with screwdrivers aboard planes!! LOL!! Amazing work they look just like the real thing!!

Regards,

Roberto

Roberto, you better hope it's not one for your next flight :D

Matt, I bet you don't plan on getting much sleep tonight...:cool:

Matt Olieman
01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I've been playing.... have to admit it..... WOW!!!! does it look great in a low lit room :)

I've got to tell, best quality panels I've seen so far. VERY professionally put together, stainless steel casing... AMAZING workmanship. The knobs are perfect. I love the FCU display, just like the real thing. Roberto, I think you're right, may of come out of a new A320 :)

I've got it on my desk, flying a stock A320 with PM FCU running. Connects real nice. Threw the aircraft in the air, and just flew it with the FCU.... it worked :)

Need to get this baby in my cockpit :)

Eric, there is a slight difference in the 330/340 EFIS, One more position for the ND display "ENG" Don't really need it and I'll never miss it :)

ORANGES.... yes they are.... fresh and the juiciest oranges in the world :)

Michael Carter
01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Looks great Matt! I know the waiting is even harder than the paying.

dnoize
02-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Question Matt:
Is the FCU/EFIS already available from Flyengravity? I cannot see it on their shop webpage yet.

Yup, both we (engravity) and cpflight have it for sale and in stock right now.

Just have to place it in the webshop.

Stef

oal331
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Amazing !!!:):):)

Enjoy your flights !!!!!!!!

I'm also waiting the new B737 version from CpFlight!!!:D

Eddie

dnoize
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Amazing !!!:):):)

Enjoy your flights !!!!!!!!

I'm also waiting the new B737 version from CpFlight!!!:D

Soon !

Stef

737aqua
05-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't understand something. Most of the pictures I have seen of the real cockpit at night has orange backlighting on the FCU and the Overhead. This new FCU unit has whitish backlighting. Does this match reality? Also, sometimes I have seen the LCD in a yellowish color, but it whitish on this LCD. I'm very confused about all the lighting combinations. Which is the closest to reality?

Also, the overhead. Some real pictures of the a320 show green backlit lines, while some show yellowish backlit lines. Which is the most up to date?

Also, I would love if engravity made the modern version of the a320 MIP with the square LCD frames that is offered on newer a320s. I also would like to see more companies building a320 panels.

oal331
05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Colour combinations use to be customer's choice, like more other, most important, aircraft features.

Eddie Armaos
www.737.gr

Matt Olieman
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Colour combinations use to be customer's choice, like more other, most important, aircraft features.

Eddie Armaos
www.737.gr (http://www.737.gr)

I agree with Eddie. When I did my research for my cockpit, I was amazed how many variations there are of the A340 cockpit, let alone the A320 and others.

warvet
05-03-2008, 03:03 PM
MATT!
I'm so happy and JEALOUS! lol for you my friend! Thats fantastic, they look truly incredible. Im going to be ordering the same one just working on putting the cash together it's a fair chunk of coin but worth every penny from what I see. Keep us posted on the updates.

Regards always
Tim
A340

dodiano
05-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Bare in mind that as I said before the MIP shape is one thing but with the New LCD displays there are software changes that AST and of course Magenta havenīt taken into account do for more realism I think the older Type MIP might suit you but then again it is as you wish!

Regards,

Roberto

luisgordo
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Yep Matt, keep us posted!! Such a nice FCU...