PDA

View Full Version : Auto-tune ... rebellion !

eudoniga
01-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Hello folks !

Two nights ago, for trial, I switched on the Auto-Tune function for NAV radios, via the CDU setting page ...
Last night I remembered it was left on, and went back to the CDU to switch it off.
To my great surprise, pressing the correspondent LSK (I think it's 1L ...) again did NO changes: the NAV auto-tune function just refused to be switched off !

Then I shut down the CDU program and went to browse the CDU.ini, but found no line dedicated to switching this feature on/off from there ...

Now I am thinking of using a PM Offset tied to an available control button ... but I miss the values !!!

Any one knows ?
:shock:
Thanks,
Eugenio.
p.s. cdu ver is 393

Thomas Richter
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Hello folks !

Then I shut down the CDU program and went to browse the CDU.ini, but found no line dedicated to switching this feature on/off from there ...

Now I am thinking of using a PM Offset tied to an available control button ... but I miss the values !!!

Any one knows ?
:shock:

Why do you need to read it in the ini file ?? Is there a need to know what you set manuall in CDU settings menu?

Just check the Offset manual there you will find the corresponding / control Offset.

http://www.projectmagenta.com/pmoffsets.html

And they work, without a :shock: !!

eudoniga
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
No, there was a need to try a different way to change that setting, provided that the usual one was not working (and I still can't figure out why).

So altering it from the .ini was the first possible shortcut that came to my mind, but it turned out that this parameter is not present in the .ini; that's why I secondly thought of using a direct offset.

Now, I will surely use the offset (5428) found in the source you pointed me to, still given that using the CDU alone is NOT enough ... :shock:

Thanks and regards.

Bob Reed
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Are you sure the ini file is not read only? Had to ask..... I know sometimes I make the silly little mistakes....

Thomas Richter
01-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Are you sure the ini file is not read only? Had to ask..... I know sometimes I make the silly little mistakes....

Some settings are not saved in the ini file, they are saved in the cdu.set file.

eudoniga
01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
No, no, it's not the case ... maybe the silly mistake I made is elsewhere; yet, I don't understand why - on that very same options page - I can change other settings with the other LSKs (eg LBS/KGS, INCHES/MILLIBARS, etc.) but not this one (that's why I called it "rebellion" ...).

Besides, though being "locked" in the auto-tune mode, of which I am sure at least about nav1, that tune itself along the flight, the mode flags on the NAV/COM/XPDR page of the CDU are all "M" and not a single one shows "A" ...

Therefore - I guessed - each radio can be put in Manual or Auto Tune mode, but I can't figure how using the offset 5428 defined in the PM list.

Any suggestion ? :roll: