PDA

View Full Version : Help for visual method

padus71
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Hello to all...,
I'm a new membre in this fantastic forum and I will thankyou if somebody gives me a suggestion about the visual method for the little cockpit I intend to build.

It will be a GA cocpkit, type C172 or similar. For the moment I think I will use "software gauges"... may be in the future I'll get real instruments.

Which type of visual do you suggest?

I was thinking about a projector (Benq mp620c) for the front visual...(on a wall)
or is better to use multimonitor over a lan with Wideview?...

Thanks to all....!

Bye

Matt Olieman
01-19-2008, 09:43 AM
It really depends on how big of an area of view you want. Lot's of Flat Screen Panels can become expensive. Where as a single projector, wide view, for $1000 (USD) or less has it's potential.

You'll find lot's of opinions on this subject :)

Bob Reed
01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Providing you buy the right projector, I think for a sim with enough room around it to make it work, it is the way to go. If I had the room I would be using a projector and the 42" Plasma screens.

Westozy
01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I use rear projection which gives a great 2.2m wide view and the result is very big and highly immersive. (See my signature pic). You need your sim in a long room to do this though, my sim is in my music room which is 5.5m long. I sometimes use the other end of my sim room as a home theatre using the same screen, and the simulator's 400 watt sound system. Eventually I will add two more projectors for side views. If you select projection make sure you buy one with short throw for the biggest picture.

Gwyn

padus71
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Thank to all the person that suggested about the visual method!..

I have small room for my future cockpit, so I think i'll use just 1 front-projector, also if the result will not be as yours...

bye